Best way to Survive

• 3 weeks later...

Well practice is the key. However, I can provide a couple of tips. I like to move around the screen in an anti-clockwise direction. Most people will tell you to constantly shoot in front of yourself, and whilst that is solid advice, it makes sense to kill those behind you when able. Clear the path ahead of you, then shoot those behind you.

Make use of black holes. They can save your life. If you're getting overwhelmed, shoot the black hole and evade. Once it blows up, simply maintain your anti-clockwise movement around the screen and shoot behind you.

Get used to the noise that enemies make when they enter the game. The red ships are bastards. Knowing when they enter is a major advantage as you'll more often than not get blind-sided otherwise.

Last of all, stay away from the edge of the screen as you can get caught in enemy spawns. Good luck.

• 4 months later...
Well practice is the key. However, I can provide a couple of tips. I like to move around the screen in an anti-clockwise direction. Most people will tell you to constantly shoot in front of yourself, and whilst that is solid advice, it makes sense to kill those behind you when able. Clear the path ahead of you, then shoot those behind you.

Make use of black holes. They can save your life. If you're getting overwhelmed, shoot the black hole and evade. Once it blows up, simply maintain your anti-clockwise movement around the screen and shoot behind you.

Get used to the noise that enemies make when they enter the game. The red ships are bastards. Knowing when they enter is a major advantage as you'll more often than not get blind-sided otherwise.

Last of all, stay away from the edge of the screen as you can get caught in enemy spawns. Good luck.

Thanks for tips, i know this isnt my thread but it still helped me also (:

• 1 year later...

Also remember that using bombs is infinitely preferable to dying as your multiplier is the best thing you have. When you get to scores around 3 million you'll probably be getting 9 bombs at some points, never have 9 bombs, use one as soon as possible.

Don't forget to relax too, its much easier to play when you're calm :)