Gears of War Kinect Promo Material

ashleary

But have any weapons been used with a system like Kinect? If we take Gears for example, a Lancer prop (I realise having an individual weapon prop is wasteful and stupid, but just role with it for the purposes of this). The Kincect sensor would be programmed to recognise the prop and any actions that it does, so as well as mapping you, it maps the prop. Put batteries in it and what do you know, the chainsaw revs, the sensor picks up on the noise and instigates the chainsaw action. Pull magazine out, to start the reloading sequence, click it back in on time for a perfect reload. Pull trigger, gun fires. Hold prop up to your face, you aim down the sights. Point muzzle towards floor, begin sprint. Obviously, it's not as simple as this. But in the right hands and the right idea, a shooter is possible. I just needs to be the right game to take that leap of faith and do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Haha loved the "Missed a COG tag" and "Innovative Real World Interaction."

And @Shinobi273, he did put COG. It was the replier (replier? replyer? dunno) only that made that messup... may he rot in GOW hell for all eternity.

Cheers dude.

At first I'd put Dog tag thats why Shinobi gave me a nudge and a slap for my failings in life :D (jk)