New DLC Achievement Guide

ezekiel 08

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/thexboy_8/4999bdd0.jpg

As the title suggests, this is a guide for the new achievements for Marble Blast Ultra. I'll update the guide when the new achievements are released. Feel free to post any help, suggestions or improvements.

All the bellow achievements have to be unlocked in Xbox Live multiplayer so you must have a Xbox Live Gold account.

As of 2008-12-28, I believe this guide is complete.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/CO/TJ/0YCLiGJhbC8wFQUXXFJRGEQ3L2FjaC8wL0QAAAAA5+fn-ubkEw==.jpg

Blue Gem Hunt - 10 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Collect a blue gem in a Marble It Up! multiplayer match.

Important.....................................................Important

To get access to this achievement you must first download

the free Marble It Up! DLC pack.

[/color] Join or host a Multiplayer match on the level Marble It Up! (Add-on). When the match starts, keep collecting Gems until a blue one appears (these are worth 5 points) and collect it. You don't need to win the match for the achievement to unlock. If it doesn't unlock and you lost the match, try wining it instead. The achievement will unlock at the end of the match, not midway through the match.

This can only be unlocked in a match with 2 or more players.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/mx/wp/0ICLiGJhbC8xFQUXXFJRGEQ3L2FjaC8wL0UAAAAA5+fn-wYcgA==.jpg

Map Pack Dominator - 20 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Get 40 gems in any 3 of Playground, Bowl, Concentric, Vortex Effect, Blast Club (Marble Fu pack).

the Marble-Fu Expansion Pack DLC pack for 200http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Microsoftpoint.gif.

Contrary to what the description says, you need to get 40 points in any of the 3 of the 5 new maps listed in the description. This can be done in either Player or Ranked matches. The map Playground is small and is easy enough for two people to get 40 points each. Bowl and Blast Club are your best options out of the remaining maps.

Notes:

• Use the maps Playground, Bowl and Blast Club for easy gems.
  • Can be done in Ranked or Unranked.
  • You don't need to win the match to unlock this achievement.
  • You can start the game by yourself but at least one player must join for the level to count towards the achievement.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Lh/UI/0oCLiGJhbC8yFQUXXFJRGEQ3L2FjaC8wL0YAAAAA5+fn-ScVNQ==.jpg

Master of the Spires - 20 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Collect 50 gems in Spires (Agoraphobia pack).

the Agoraphobia Expansion Pack DLC pack for 200http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Microsoftpoint.gif.

You must collect 50 gems in the new map 'Spires'. This can't be done on any of the other maps released in this DLC pack. Also, you must collect 50 gems in one match, it doesn't count over multiple matches. This can be done by yourself if you want, just set it to maximum 2 players with one Private Slot and no one can join your match to steal your gems.

Notes:

• Has to be done on the map Spires.
  • Can be done in Ranked or Unranked.
  • Can be done by yourself with no other players.
  • Gems don't accumulate, it has to be done in one match.
  • Achievement unlocks at the end of the match.

Anything else I've missed or is incorrect, please feel free to comment and make suggestions, I'm all ears!

Credit goes out to:

-
fantom88

-
LiquidAg

- FearOfTomorrow

- cydine

- PSonic

Edited by ezekiel 08
Udpaded for the third DLC achievement

i can confirm, that it doesnt work when you only play alone.

Correct, I also lost the match but still got the blue gem achievement.

That is very strange indeed. In two separate matches with over four people each, I got two blue gems in each match (but lost) and didn't get the achievement. I then played a two player match, got 2 blue gems and won and the achievement unlocked.

I'll update the guide but also make a note that if it doesn't unlock, try winning the match.

Well that's odd...

I got a blue gem, and then the host disconneted, so we all got booted, but I didn't get the achievement.

And then I joined another game (in progress), and got 2 red gems, and within 1 minute of me joining someone won the match and the achievement unlocked anyway :S

Oh well, free extra 10 points for me :)

Well that's odd...

I got a blue gem, and then the host disconneted, so we all got booted, but I didn't get the achievement.

And then I joined another game (in progress), and got 2 red gems, and within 1 minute of me joining someone won the match and the achievement unlocked anyway :S

Oh well, free extra 10 points for me :)

Yes that is strange. I think that's a loophole but it's too complicated to add to the guide ;).

• 1 month later...

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/mx/wp/0ICLiGJhbC8xFQUXXFJRGEQ3L2FjaC8wL0UAAAAA5+fn-wYcgA==.jpg

The marble-fu map pack is live.

edit:

Playground is a smallish map that I found to be very good for getting the gems. 2 people can easily get 40 each in one go.

Bowl is a very large map. every gem is yellow (2 points). Also a bit choppy for some reason. The two of us barely got 40 in one go.

Concentric is a very small map. There are gems that are suspended in the air with no super jump power ups. Not a good map to shoot for the 40. not at all.

Vortex Effect has a lot of platforms. You may fall off alot.

I didn't play the other map.

I think you may be able to get these without someone else. I am not sure. I started off with no one and then partied up with a guy. I played a map one time by myself and then we played it again later and I got the achievement even though I came up short on the second go. Can anyone confirm?

If this is possible then the best route would be to host your own match to get a few extra gems before someone joins.

Edited by fantom88

I just got the achievement and every time I hosted my own match and built up a good lead. I got lucky and every game at least one other player was in the match before it ended.

I didnt try Vortex, but of all the other maps I have to say that Concentric Circles is kinda challenging.

The achievement description doesnt specify and Im almost positive that I got the achievement doing player matches not ranked.

Edited by Motrahtox
addition

Are we sure it's 40 gems and not just 40 points? I was playing around in Blast Club by myself when two people joined near the end. I changed the map to Playground and I was pretty sure I had a good amount of gems in that one too, well over 40. But then I loaded Bowl and ended with a score somewhere in the 50's. Since they were all yellow gems, I should have needed a minimum of 80 points to have collected 40 gems, but the achievement popped anyway.

Are we sure it's 40 gems and not just 40 points? I was playing around in Blast Club by myself when two people joined near the end. I changed the map to Playground and I was pretty sure I had a good amount of gems in that one too, well over 40. But then I loaded Bowl and ended with a score somewhere in the 50's. Since they were all yellow gems, I should have needed a minimum of 80 points to have collected 40 gems, but the achievement popped anyway.

I meant 40 points. You can play by yourself, win or lose with other people. It doesn't matter just collect 40 points on 3 differrent maps and you'll get it.

I meant 40 points. You can play by yourself, win or lose with other people. It doesn't matter just collect 40 points on 3 differrent maps and you'll get it.

I've read that this has to be done with at least one other person in the game.

Plus, can someone confirm whether it's 40 Gems or a Score of 40?

Edited by ezekiel 08

I've read that this has to be done with at least one other person in the game.

Also, I thought you only needed 40 points/gems in one of the new maps. Does it HAVE to be in 3/5 of the maps or what?

Plus, can someone confirm whether it's 40 Gems or a Score of 40?

Yes, you need to do it on 3/5 of the maps(Read the ach. description). I played one by myself and the other 2 random people joined. I lost both games but got the ach.

Yes, you need to do it on 3/5 of the maps(Read the ach. description). I played one by myself and the other 2 random people joined. I lost both games but got the ach.

Yeah, I misread the description, my bad. I updated the guide with more information.

I want to know if it's 100% possible to get this achievement by yourself without playing with someone else. can someone confirm?

If more people tell me that you can get it in a match by yourself, I'll update the guide to reflect this. I'll leave it as is to play it safe and say you need two people.

Yeah, but the achievement description says to collect 40 gems, not 40 points. That's why I asked.

I want to know if it's 100% possible to get this achievement by yourself without playing with someone else. can someone confirm?

If more people tell me that you can get it in a match by yourself, I'll update the guide to reflect this. I'll leave it as is to play it safe and say you need two people.

Doesn't work like that. I played two maps alone and easily got more than 40 points and gems. I got joined playing on a third map alone, and I had to go back and play two more maps now that other people were playing to get it.

Yeah, but the achievement description says to collect 40 gems, not 40 points. That's why I asked.

So is it gems or points?

Anyone know?

Doesn't work like that. I played two maps alone and easily got more than 40 points and gems. I got joined playing on a third map alone, and I had to go back and play two more maps now that other people were playing to get it.

Thanks for clearing that up :).

So is it gems or points?

Anyone know?

It's points! I just got the achievement, and on the last level I tried (Concentric), I only got 45 points, and that was with several yellow gems and even a blue gem or two. I had similar scores on the first two maps, but this was my lowest score, and I still got the achievement.

As for playing by yourself or with others, I don't know about all that, but the way I did it was pretty easy. Start a game by yourself; collect as many gems as you can before someone joins; if you get 40 or more points, just sit tight and wait (and hope) for someone to join before time runs out. I only had one round where I finished the game without any fellow players.

EDIT: Misspelled something...