Cammy

Everyone always used to pick Ryu, Ken or Akuma, but Cammy kicks ass in this game, Im not sure why as she is the same as always, but easier to play with, and others are tagging along, I see Cammy players all the time, and its a nice change.

Ken had always been my fave/best character. But by accident i found out that im better with Cammy. (And she's English :)) So i have a new favorite.

Way too many people use Ryu, Ken and Akuma. So i love it when i kick a fireball spammers butt while using Cammy. :woop:

But every character has its weekness's.. i Seem to struggle against people using Chun Li, Fei Long and Vega while using Cammy. Or maybe thats just my style that struggles..lol

Cammy is pretty useful, between the low kick torpedo, high kick/entrap someone flying and the straight punch going THROUGH fireballs (I love when that happens, people probably go WTF HE PASSED MY HADOKEN!), people who can decently use Cammy are actually nice o.o

I still stick to Akuma and/or Fei Long most of the time, I don't know they're the easiest to use against pretty much anyone...well let's say 90% is Ryu anyways so I can handle myself pretty well using those :)

Also @ Deadly : Chun Li is a bitch anyways (sorry Chun Li users), she's so annoying with the fast kick spammers and high jumping. Along with her version of hadoken (kouken or something?) it's annoying to beat her with alot of chars imo.

Unless...I counter with a triple fireball from akuma or use the overhead spin kick from Fei Long :).

Personally, I have troubles defeating blanka without resorting to cheap moves, the spinning ball is so fast and deadly + electroshock when close makes it hard to do well...any move except fireballs.

Edited by ShiryuX

Also @ Deadly : Chun Li is a bitch anyways (sorry Chun Li users), she's so annoying with the fast kick spammers and high jumping. Along with her version of hadoken (kouken or something?) it's annoying to beat her with alot of chars imo.

Unless...I counter with a triple fireball from akuma or use the overhead spin kick from Fei Long :).

Yeah i fought one guy who used Chun Li and all he did was jump and kick. Same move over n over, it did my head in.

:mad:

Wheres the fun in that?! I'd rather win by kickin some1' ass with a combination of different moves then by spamming 1 or 2 moves

Edited by Deadly Moves

Yeah i fought one guywho used Chun Li and all he did was jump and kick. Same move over n over, it did my head in.

:mad:

Wheres the fun in that?! I'd rather win by kickin some1' ass with a combination of different moves then by spamming 1 or 2 moves

Said this already in another thread, alot of people found out that jump, fierce kick, low fierce kick & repeat is the best (and cheapest) way to beat anyone. It's not just chun li doing this... People get a cheap win while you're trying to (well...I like to see it this way) stylish finish a match with using different things and not trying to get the most damage out of cheap moves.

One thing I can tell you is NOT to get in a corner, but that's obvious...Then you're screwed really, your only option against these people is an uppercut (no idea if Cammy does one, but I know Akuma does and this reverses the situation sometimes if I land my super). Super from Akuma is so sweet since it's unblockable :woop:.

To stay a bit ontopic too : anyone know other moves that are extremely useful other than the straight punch and low torpedo kick? I find myself using those two since the super meter goes up like crazy with torpedo kick, yet it makes me look like a spammer heh... :p

P.S. : Off-topic - add me if you want to do a match or something sometime :)

If you do the Shoryuken movement with Cammy, and I think Punch, she does a forward roll, then slides along the floor for sweep, this move so many people fall for lol, they think they are out of range and safe then you get them with this move its wicked lol, its especially great against fireball spammers, cos the roll goes over the fireballs.

Said this already in another thread, alot of people found out that jump, fierce kick, low fierce kick & repeat is the best (and cheapest) way to beat anyone. It's not just chun li doing this... People get a cheap win while you're trying to (well...I like to see it this way) stylish finish a match with using different things and not trying to get the most damage out of cheap moves.

One thing I can tell you is NOT to get in a corner, but that's obvious...Then you're screwed really, your only option against these people is an uppercut (no idea if Cammy does one, but I know Akuma does and this reverses the situation sometimes if I land my super). Super from Akuma is so sweet since it's unblockable :woop:.

To stay a bit ontopic too : anyone know other moves that are extremely useful other than the straight punch and low torpedo kick? I find myself using those two since the super meter goes up like crazy with torpedo kick, yet it makes me look like a spammer heh... :p

P.S. : Off-topic - add me if you want to do a match or something sometime :)

Yeah Cammy has an uppercut type move, She does a kick move that looks like one of Chun Li's. Its very useful again the people that jump all the time ;)

Its that same as Ken, Ryu and Akuma's Uppercut but with a kick button.

@ Valentin - Thats not the reason i pick Cammy. I pick her bcos she suits my style of fighting. If i was that kinda of guy. i'd be playing a crap game DOA. Thats a game where you can perv over overly praportion'd women

I'm a huge Ken player, but been looking for other characters to change to. On SFIII, it was Dudley. So, I thought I'd start giving Balrog a try when I got CvS2, but I wasn't feeling him, and turn to an all female team (Cammy, King, Sakura). So, since Cammy's the only one to carry into HD, I'm naturally training with her. Also, she has three huge advantages currenty:

1. Her hooligan roll is extremely simplified. Instead of that D->UF junk, it's an easy QCF. Considering it's a move that needs proper timing and execution, it allows more energy and time put to strategy than trying to get the stupid move off.

2. In SSFII, she was underpowered, so when SSFIITurbo came out, they upped her power. So, she actually plays pretty hard in different player strategies.

3. Mean medium attack priority. I believe she's only second to the likes of Chun-Li. Her medium air attacks may even knock out an anti-air, lol.

So, her medium range game is greatly up, which mean she's a shoto killer. Since most people online use shotos, it makes her an easy pick. Nothing's more satisfying than rolling over a fireball into a throw. It aggrivates the shoto into jumping in against her thrust kick ^^.

Lastly, I like looking at her butt >>.

You can also do a throw from the roll; when you are near your opponent during the roll, press any punch and Cammy does a kinda hurricanrana throw instead of the sliding kick. Useful for catching people out if they expect the slide kick instead.

@ shiryux, other useful moves are EHondas bum splash (charge down, up, any kick) which really kills shoto users, and Blankas over-the-top roll (charge back, fwd, any kick) which leaps over fireballs nicely :D

After a look around the threads eviltb, I think you should change your tag to HondasBumSplash. On another note, I've been using a very aggressive style with Cammy and because that style involves a lot of special moves, I've been getting her super move off pretty regularly. Is there any way to chain her super move from a leaping attack? I've tried a deep forward and a deep strong, but neither worked.

I didn't realize how sexually suggestive my post was until rereading it. My apologies to the kiddies.

Cammy's my favorite (second only to Ken) throughout the SF series. But it's not just her that does well against online competitors, it's all the uncommon ones. I do exceptionally well with Fei-Long, and there are some kick-ass Zangief players out there, believe it or not.

It's too bad they couldn't throw in Dan, heh.

After a look around the threads eviltb, I think you should change your tag to HondasBumSplash.

LOL @ this, yea Ive mentioned Hondas bum move a few times, but really it is a high-speed, high-priority move, so unless you see it coming or are really really quick on a counter, then that ass will squash you!

Edited by eviltb
spelling

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...