Tips on how to beat Deadpool on HARD

Had a heck of a time with this third battle until I realized I could lunge at him (normally, most bosses are immune so I never even bothered).

You only need to know the following to beat him:

- You can do a dodge (L2), then jump, then dodge again when you land. Do this to quickly cover ground when Deadpool is shooting lasers (during the slowdown).

- You can lunge at Deadpool while he's shooting lasers to destroy the ground. The lunge range is about 1/3 the stage. Once you land the lunge, you can just mash Y for at least 5 hits (it'll be around 20-25% of his health bar)

- If he teleports near you, activate your fury, and focus on countering, and then mash Y after he lands from the initial counter hit. Once again, you should be able to land about 5 hits on him before he teleports away. Then repeat above.

It will take forever to beat him if you focus on regular combat or Drill Claw (I tried those methods a number of times to no avail), plus you're very open to falling to your death because he tends to teleport away very often. I beat him on the first try once I used the tactics above.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This saved me at least an hour of frustration. I wouldn't mind dying so much, if it wasn't for the fact that you have to do the first part of the tower every time. It isn't difficult, it's just a waste of time because he never actually poses the threat of killing you; then all of a sudden he gets an instant kill attack and you have to do five minutes of work all over again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
After spending about 1hour attempting to find Deadpool's weak spot(he has none apparently btw), I found a method to take down his health by a guaranteed 1cm(if you're on a 30inch TV).

This what you do, Hold (Y) and Charge up the uppercut and dash towards him. Upon reaching him immediately release (Y). This will send BOTH you and him into the air. The moment you have reached the peak of your jump, just before both of you fall to the ground again, SPAM (X) 5 times. This will cause you to do a flurry of Slash attacks while suspending you[and him] in mid air as long as you continue to hit.

You do not want to hit (X) more than 6times or press Y after this because this will cause you to do an Axe Kick finisher(Which will send him flying away, and hence increasing his chance of blasting the ground from beneath you.

After pressing (X) 5 times, immediately press (B) and Wolverine will do a grab deadpool and do a slam into the ground. This makes him 'unconscious' for about 1second, which is enough to do ANOTHER charging uppercut and repeating the 5(X) and 1(B) attacks.

NOTE: If he happens to get up after doing the (B) attack, just unleash a weak uppercut on him which will simply send him flying up(you'll still be on the ground). This allows you to charge up a second uppercut before he has time to land.

Hope this helps you in beating that jackass. :woop:

Thanks for this post Sir.

My friend unlocked this for me (he is just a much better gamer than me) using your method. This is by far the best method... we found the drill and spin attacks absolutely useless.

What we did notice was that each time you play deadpool does not act the same - there seems to be three or four variations of AI where sometimes he is aggressive, or uses BAMF a lot, or blows up the platform a lot... and so I think the people who "found this easy" (its not) got lucky early on and got a fairly passive deadpool. Only advice is to make sure you learn the moves to execute them perfectly (and it is possible to get to the end of the game with out that skill), keep playing and be ready for the time when he is beatable.

• 7 months later...

My only problem is that I keep falling off. I jump when he's destroying parts but either way, I don't why, I can't stay on. This my fifth try now and I'm about to go berserk on my wardrobe. I think I need a pause. By the way, the method described at the beginning of the topic is very helpful and makes things easier, I just tried it and it works. Those assholes should have put a checkpoint before the third bar; this is getting annoying. The game is very very fun and enjoyable anyways.

And as always, when I complain on here or YouTube, I made it. LOL. The douche got stuck on the ground and I kept mashing the Y button. When he got up he attacked me, I dodged and Y again. Then the tactic of the topic. All mixed up and bam, another 1000/1000

• 2 years later...

What we did notice was that each time you play deadpool does not act the same

Agreed. Pain in the ass.

I'm not trying to 100% this turd, so I'm going to put the controller down and walk away from this game.

I'm far from the world's best player of hack 'n' slash titles, but I've beaten a few and won some epic boss battles. This battle doesn't feel epic; it feels cheap. Bad checkpointing and boss "win buttons" make this dev-fail more frustrating than challenging.

Shit end to what was often a fun game.

• 1 year later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foonbCMqBgE

Not sure i understand whats hard about this fight... I think im gonna have to do it myself to see but by the video i posted there, it seem pretty easy. I just beat the guy on normal, first try, he never did any damage and only blast the platform once wich i dodged easily...

On hard he seem to also hit very softly and the only difference is he blow more the platform but i guess just dodge properly and your fine...

Personally its actually the sentinel boss that really annoyed the crap of me in my normal run. Fighting it on the ground i came close to die many times, maybe i didn't had the right thecnique...

Then in the air... oh the pain of dodging the pieces...

I guess the difference is if you use the cheat code you can't die during those fight vs Barakapool.