any good?

Darkrenegade25

It's only the stealth portion of those games. There is no fighting or shooting from your character. What makes it different is all of your vampire abilities you can unlock. It's a pretty fun game just the gameplay is pure stealth. I would have liked a little variation.

Thx!!!!!! :)

No the story doesn't. First half you are a new comer who needs to get blood to survive than over a sudden you have to take down a major company. It quickly explains the shift with no much detail offered. Also your character can't remember his past which is how he got in the mess. The ending is abrupt and has a weird boss fight that doesn't match the game.

There is the premise for you.

What game are you referring to as "this game" Dark or Velvet Assassin? Also I have seen absolutely horrific voice actors in other game. Dark isn't all that bad on the va front.

I could be mistaken but I think the VA stood for Velvet Assassin, not Voice Acting and the 'this game' was Dark. Dark, while not great, is a good game imo. Maybe not a buy (at least not until it drops in price) it is worth a rent for some easy achievements.

• 4 months later...

Was kind of interested in getting this game when it first came out. But the reviews were far from stellar so I never got round to it. From what I've read in this thread it wasn't that bad of a game but really not that good either. A pity since these games can be very good if done right. :(

Weird that they didn't focus much attention on the main character from what I've read. I've only seen the very beginning of the game and I thought it would be a very story heavy game. :)

• 4 months later...

It has one of the strangest boss fights I've ever seen. It's like they were almost done making the game and then realized they had 1 hour to finish it when they needed a week. A few terminals accessed as you run around in circles and take NO damage? weird. - Just finished it btw. Came on here so see if anyone else felt same.. guess not?

• 2 weeks later...

As a stealth game, it's decent but that's about it, controls are awkward(hard to aim where to teleport, can't jump or climb ledges).

It's impossible to finish the game without killing people as they block some important doors and don't move from there.(You can use powers to distract them-but you need to kill people to be able to use those powers)

Checkpoints for boss fight are terrible.

The AI and level design is pretty good.

It's a budget stealth game and it show but it's still a fun ride if you happen to get it for cheap and you have finished every other stealth games.