Is Homefront worth getting

DOOOOM

I like the Battle Commander feature the most from this game, and although I may sound like a fanboy when I say this, I REALLY hope future multiplayer games implement this to counter-act the camping side of things.

I don't think it's overpowering for people who are genuinely good, but to highlight an area where an enemy has achieved anywhere from 3 to 15 kills is a great way to get the corner-scouting campers a lesson learnt

wow...I wondered why I loved BC so much and that just clicked...it stops campers....love that!

The single player shows an extreme lack of effort filled with Cliche characters from the badass who doesn' play by the rules to the woman with a sensitive side up until the point where her friend is killed. The multiplayer is unique. That's about the best word I can describe it as. Save your money for good games like Battlefield 3 or L.A. Noire.

No. Short, dissapointing campaign, and tedious multiplayer don't make a good buy. The graphics are about three years behind the competition, and both SP and MP are full of bugs and glitches. The terrible achievements serve only to distract from the fact that there's very little than repeat, repeat, and repeat the same crap over and over again. Especially if the buggy servers wipe your progress.

Having high hopes, I pre-ordered the game, but I can't give more than 2 out of 5 stars.

Wow actually quite liked the look of this until I read the forums and this thread. The EA Online Code thing is becoming a real friggin pain, and I am glad I have pretty much decided not to pick this one up. Wouldn't have bought it new anyway, and I am dam sure I aren't giving EA the satisfaction of charging me for their Pass.

Wow actually quite liked the look of this until I read the forums and this thread. The EA Online Code thing is becoming a real friggin pain, and I am glad I have pretty much decided not to pick this one up. Wouldn't have bought it new anyway, and I am dam sure I aren't giving EA the satisfaction of charging me for their Pass.

yeah...good idea. It's a shame cause for a short while I really liked this game...so much potential...

It's THQ, dude. WB Games is also doing it with Mortal Kombat.

Face it, it's the new standard. =/

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking of getting this game again as I got rid of it a week after the MP broke not long after launch(was a shame as I really enjoyed the MP), so is the online MP playable now? And would it be worth my time picking it up again? Basically will I be able to get the 1000GS?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got it really cheap through a Gamefly coupon glitch awhile back, and I'm just now getting around to playing it. Gameplay is decent, but the premise and atmosphere is what keeps me chugging through the single player mode. It's taking me awhile because I suck at FPS. I haven't tried out MP yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
No. Rent it. Depending on your skill level, getting all the Campaign cheevos could take you roughly 10 hours (or less).

Yeah something like that, the Iron Man Achievements can be a burden tho, often i died just because those stupid grenades and you coudn,t get away in time. Otherwise as its is an older game the story is still cool and graphics are good aswell. Best is the MP as its still very active and fun. Sometimes even if you pick up games pre-owned or used, the previous owners not always do use the codes, i had several used games that had codes still working. But if someone can get the game new and cheap its more then worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

When it first came out, I was sort of impressed. The story of an occupied America is easily one of the most intriguing stories I've seen in gaming. However, the graphics aren't too impressive, the campaign's too short, and the characters aren't very memorable. Multiplayer is decent, though.

If you're planning on getting this, try to get it new, since buying it used won't guarantee you an online pass. But if you're strapped of cash, get it used.