Achievement Discussion

List is up! Looks great to me. Good progression for just blowing shit up, mixed with nice grinding for leveling all the suits and buying all the weapons. Looks like we won't have to "find" all the weapons in this one. I think the two large secret achievements will be for harder difficulties. Hopefully they stack this time!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/earth-defense-force-insect-armageddon/achievements/

Definitely a better list than the first one, although it looks like there will still be heaps to do to get the full 1000.

In regards to weapons, I got the impression that there would be two separate groups of weapons - one group that you get from random drops, and the other you can buy from the shop.

There may be some overlap, but I expect there will at least be a few weapons you can only get in one way.

At first I thought it meant grab all the drops from a mission without missing any. But, I read an article that explained the loot system is completely random (no longer requires a difficulty or level) and you "can find a level 6 Trooper weapon playing as a level 1 Jet Armor." They compared the looting to Borderlands.

I have started work on an achievement guide. Not much info in it yet, but at least the layout is done and I'm making notes of how best to describe everything and all that. :)

Edited by The Pants Party

there is an achievement for 'collect all weapons' and another for 'purchase all weapons', so I'm assuming there will still be drops. I remember that was the last achievement I needed to get for EDF2017. Some random ass shotgun.

Either way, this is a day 1 purchase. I just wish it was coming out sooner.

The achievement list was a little disappointing (repetitive, mostly kill x enemy achievements). It just seems to me like they could've done something more creative with a game like this. Regardless, though, I'll very much enjoy this game - the improvements from the first they've made addressed most of the aggravating parts of the first one, and even with those the first one was great. Really looking forward to this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is Regicide different amounts for some regions? Because I only got 10 points rather than the 25 listed in the checklist. I only noticed because the site was giving me 15 points I didn't have.

Looks like they switched the values for Manticore and Regicide since we first found the list. Fixed. :)

I am stuck with 98 out of 107 weapons. I wasn't sure if it is normal, hard or inferno weapons that I need to look for. Is there a list of weapons that checked off what you have in that game? I don't even know which weapons I am looking for because all 3 classes' weapons is locked except Tier 1-2 except I have all weapons for Tactical Armor. Any tips?

Well I'm working on that here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=318257

Obviously not done as I don't have as much time to play as you and others, but I'm doing my best.

No no, it's okay. I completely understand. Would I have to work toward to Normal, Hard, or Inferno to find out which guns I need or any of tier guns drop such as Rank 1-7 in Inferno? Sorry, it's worth a try to ask here.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...