Games That are Hard to Find

Rasp

This is something that I have recently been wondering about. And that is games that are hard to find. I have recently been attempting to track down a copy of Skate 2 and can't seem to find one under $40. However, today, on a trip to gamestop I came across a used copy for $14.99 and bought it. The guy at the counter said that I was lucky as the copy had just come in that morning and was the only one in my province (state).

I know the original Mass Effect was hard to come by until they did a reprint. I know there are probably several Japanese games, or games that few people have played. But I'm more talking about the games that when they came out, were fairly well known games, and originally had a lot of copies printed, but are just hard to come by.

And the ironic thing about Skate 2 is that its on the "Platinum Games" list.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downloaded Skate 2 for $15. It was/is on sale?

Edit: Yep, just checked. Still on sale for $14.99.

I thought about doing that, but I really wanted a physical copy, and it took about a month and a half to find it, but I was beyond excited when I finally found it today. I ended up getting it for $12.48 after some coupons, an edge card and taxes!

Well, that makes me glad that I bought Skate 2 on launch.

I've heard some of the old NHL games are hard to come across. I've called all of my local GameStop's and they don't have a year earlier than 2010.

Maybe it has something to do with I live in Canada, but my local gamestops seem to have 2 or 3 copies of all of them in their under $10 section.

The original Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the Xbox 360 is pretty rare/expensive. Going for $40 pre-owned on Gamestop and a little less on eBay.

Glad I still have my PS2 and 360 copy of the game.

Its the only game I'm missing out on to complete my 360 Need For Speed collection. Have all the other games except for MW. Waiting for some dummy to put it on my local classifieds for $10 or so.

Skate 2 doesn't seem to be rare around here.

Some games I've looked for (Some found) that seem tough/expexive

Rock Band Country pack 1

The "Lips" DLC packs

Marvel Ultimate Allience 2

NFS MW (1st)

Some of the History Channel games

Darkest of Days- though now can be founf for 1/2 of what it was going for

Hulk

Hitman Blood Money (pre rerelease)

Namco virtual museum

I know the Original Marvel vs Capcom 2 for xbox was really rare. They only made a limited amount of copies. It sells for over $60 on eBay.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold - Has the discontinued DLC on it. Goes for over $60 too.

Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition - $400 - $700

Fallout 3 Survival Edition - $300 - $500

Mass Effect Collectors Edition - $200 - $500

Assassins Creed 2 Master Edition - $80-$200

Those are a few that I saw on eBay recently.

Although they're not AAA titles, I can't remember the last time I saw Viva Pinata or Fuzion Frenzy 2 in any shop near me. Yes, I am looking for them for some easy gs.

Too Human I have seen plenty of copies about. I did pick up X Men Destiny as well recently. Hard as hell to find. Gonna sell it soon as I don't really care for it at all.

Raiden Fighters Aces was the hardest game for me to find. I only saw it one or two times at GameStop, but my sister got for me from Amazon for just $7. I elected never to sell the game, as I could never find it where I live.

Also, Too Human will be difficult to find soon...

I didn't like Too Human that much, but seeing as though Silicon Knights is forced to destroy all unsold copies of the game, I might just hunt it down, it might be like, what, $5 now? :p

I didn't like Too Human that much, but seeing as though Silicon Knights is forced to destroy all unsold copies of the game, I might just hunt it down, it might be like, what, $5 now? :p

New copies have been going anywhere from thirty to fifty dollars on Amazon since the recall and destroy announcement. You can find it at Walmart, where it's thirty. I picked it up used at Best Buy for $9.99, go to their site and search the game and put in your zip code to see if one near you has it. It's also easy to find at Gamestop, where it's...drumroll...$1.49 used.

Wow, that was a ton of useless information for you.

New copies have been going anywhere from thirty to fifty dollars on Amazon since the recall and destroy announcement. You can find it at Walmart, where it's thirty. I picked it up used at Best Buy for $9.99, go to their site and search the game and put in your zip code to see if one near you has it. It's also easy to find at Gamestop, where it's...drumroll...$1.49 used.

Wow, that was a ton of useless information for you.

Wow. And I though Prey was cheaper. I remember buying it for just $3. That may be the cheapest XBOX 360 game EVER :)

This time last year I could get Tales of Vesperia for 11.99 and now it is 39.99. The Orange Box has tripled in price as well.

Yeah I don't know what's up with the Orange Box, that's bullshit. You can still find it alot of places for $19.99 which it should be. It's currently $53 on Amazon.

There are a number of games like this. I constantly price games online and it's crazy when you see stuff like that. I paid $33 with shipping for Tales of Vesperia a month ago just because I wanted to have it. Gamestop sells that used for $39.99, which is ridiculous because you can get it from Games On Demand for far less.

Another one worth noting is Lost Odyssey. That's $69.99 (usually it's $79.99) new. Gamestop usually have it for around ten but those jokes never have a case or cover and the shape of the discs is almost always unacceptable, atleast to me.