• Chaos Witch Quelaag
    • Seath the Scaleless
    • Gravelord Nito
    • Smough and Ornstein
    • Bell Gargoyles
    • Crossbreed Priscilla
    • Great Grey Wolf Sif
    • Iron Golem

Now that I have finished the game, I can definitely say that Smough and Ornstein boss fight(Ornstein last) was the hardest bossfight in the game for me, I also had a little trouble getting through the Four kings, but most of the others were defeated in 1-2 tries.(Ornstein and smough boss fight took me around 50 tries, because of many idiots who were trying to kill Ornstein first, so I had to go through them on my own). As I know, there are many who have already finished the game, and not once. So who was your hardest boss to beat in the first game?

EDIT: I couldn't put all of the bosses, because it's only possible to put up to 10 choices in the poll.

I decided to put bosses encountered later in the game.(I heard some people had trouble with Capra Demon, Bell Gargoyles and Gaping dragon, but I just didn't have enough place to put them all in)

Edited by dimon94xx
Forgot to mention

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four Kings for sure. No Iron Flesh, no shield, light ninja armour...I got raped repeatedly. Smough and Ornstein I found to be real easy, tougher than most bosses but...if you play Vanquish on the hardest setting and beat it you get used to fighting two fuckers at once.

2nd hardest for me was Bed of Chaos! Sure you can go back and the little glowing things will still be destroyed but that's not the point. I have never beaten that boss on any playthrough without dying at least 3 times. All other bosses (bar 4kings) I could beat without getting a scratch on me.

yea my first battle against smough and ornstein was the hardest for me, i too killed smough first so i could get ornsteins armor.. i would put a close second to the chaos fire demon(dont know if thats right name) the one that was like the stray demon in the demon ruins.. haha its been a while since i beat the game so i forget some parts

...if you play Vanquish on the hardest setting and beat it you get used to fighting two fuckers at once.

lol i remember doing that, vanquish was a great game but i would hardly put these 2 games in the same boat.. and unless i'm mistaken that fight in vanquish is only the end boss battle

I think the Capra Demon on first playthrough is harder than most of these, and Pinwheel what a joke! I couldn't believe how easy that fight was, in fact Nito is pretty easy as well - the dog skeletons before you get to him are more of a challenge.

Smough & Ornstein I agree was very hard, I never beat them on my own.

lol i remember doing that, vanquish was a great game but i would hardly put these 2 games in the same boat.. and unless i'm mistaken that fight in vanquish is only the end boss battle

They're two completely different games but they're both great at what they do. While the 2 v 1 was only the last boss I should emphasize that I was talking about "God Hard" difficulty which, last time I checked, I was one of only 80 people in the world to have ever beaten it. I spent over 6 hours trying to beat those two in a small arena. I had to master timing, dodging, taking cover behind shit that could vanish at any moment... it's like fighting 2 flying Ornsteins while on cocaine IRL. After doing that S&O are like the buzzing of flies to me.

:woop:

Only thing left for me on my very first playthrough is Gwyn (didn't try yet).

But so far I can say hardest for me was Sif (did that one right after Queelag and before Sen's) and by far the easiest was 4 kings. Mowed them down with my True Greatsword and even had to wait 10-15 secs for a new one to respawn - and they even were the first Lord Soul I went after! :woop:

As for Sif he nearly made me throw the game into a corner and never touch it again. Had really a hard time with my Drake Sword and no pyormancies there (only levelled hand to +1 before Laurentius went hollow and killed Eyngi accidently - so I hadn't any spells except Great Chaos Fireball, Power Within, and Poison Mist - no Iron Flesh, no Orbs, Idon't even know what I might get there on my NG+).

So the vote for me so far would be Sif, but I'll wait with it until I faced Gwyn.

Haven't yet finished, but I doubt this will change. Smough and Ornstein, unless you are doing the 4 kings without Iron Flesh, then it's debatable. Either way, the trophy thus far goes to one of those two. The rest have all been dispatched rather easily, most of the time on the first try.

The public have spoken, Ornstein and Smough is by far the hardest boss battle and I agree wholeheartedly. It is also one of the more epc feeling boss encounters in the game.

I'm surprised that Four Kings got so many votes and Gwyn got so few, don't get me wrong the Kings arent that easy but I managed to lay the law down on them 2nd or third try without Iron Flesh yet Gwyn gave me quite a hard time.

Perhaps the location of the O & S fight in the middle of the game also contrbiutes to its rating and the fact you can fight the four kings rather early in the game means more people will have fought them than have fought Gwyn.

The public have spoken, Ornstein and Smough is by far the hardest boss battle and I agree wholeheartedly. It is also one of the more epc feeling boss encounters in the game.

I'm surprised that Four Kings got so many votes and Gwyn got so few, don't get me wrong the Kings arent that easy but I managed to lay the law down on them 2nd or third try without Iron Flesh yet Gwyn gave me quite a hard time.

Perhaps the location of the O & S fight in the middle of the game also contrbiutes to its rating and the fact you can fight the four kings rather early in the game means more people will have fought them than have fought Gwyn.

Yeah, I'm going to go with you on this one. I'm gonna to reserve my right to change my decision until after I fight Gwyn.

I think the Capra Demon was Hard, Smough and Ornstein are also tough, but the battle against them is awesame!

Beat them 3 times solo...

I´m in new game +2 now, and I think the hardest Enemy is the Dragon on the Bridge!

Since they fixed the glitch that he can fall through the Bridge, i newer beaten him!

Bed of Chaos is very different, not hard, but i also always need more tries than once!

Four Kings was the greatest Challenge for me in First run, `til I used the rush-technique!

so my vote is also Smough and Ornstein

• 3 weeks later...

The Helkite Dragon has got to be the toughest if you're fighting it properly and not cheesing it with arrows.

I didn't have any problems with S&O; though I did have 2 phantoms helping me out :p

edit - Ok, I just beat S&O on NG+ Solo and I have to admit I nearly started crying over the amount of times I kept getting insta-killed by that electric butslam.

Edited by Jiyuu17

The Helkite Dragon has got to be the toughest if you're fighting it properly and not cheesing it with arrows.

I didn't have any problems with S&O; though I did have 2 phantoms helping me out :p

The Hellkite Dragon is lagging all the time, he just has that little ability that kills you off with no matter how much HP or Fire defense you have. He flies up and everything is being set on fire that kills imminently. :mad:

I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but I've yet to find a way to actually avoid that attack (Rolls do not help =( )