DS 2 season pass for 360?

Rex Ranarum

Seeing as the DLC has already released, chances are there wont be a season pass.

Of course that doesn't mean there won't be a single, reduced price DLC at the end of the 3 parts though.

The Official Trailer released on June 4th said a Season Pass would be available on PSN and Steam. The same day, the press release from Bandai NAMCO and From said exactly the same thing. No one has officially answered on the Bandai forums yet, but it's sadly very clear to me we will NOT have a SP. True, they didn't say "Steam and PSN ONLY", but come on. If they didn't say Xbox Live, it's for a reason…

Maybe the answer, or the why, at least, lies in the fact that Sony has been courting FROM Software so their next franchise would be Playstation-exclusive, and it will be, so maybe the love between them and Microsoft (since they sold twice as many games on PS3 anyway) is now lost for good…

But as our resident Puppy said, there is also a very big chance those DLC will be half-priced by Christmas, especially since a new generation port with all content included has been announced.

But as our resident Puppy said, there is also a very big chance those DLC will be half-priced by Christmas, especially since a new generation port with all content included has been announced.

Lol, I thought season passes came out before all DLC, but I guess some don't. I definitely will wait on the DLC, I have plenty to play, and definitely look forward to the next gen version.

I swear to God: if there is an PS4 exclusive sequel to Dark Souls I will go berserk and invade Sony headquarters as a bloody red phantom :-D

Still it's quite odd to not give the xbox community the chance to save a little money and increase the overall sales of the DLCs with a SP... And frankly: I am not shure I can wait till Xmas ^_^

I swear to God: if there is an PS4 exclusive sequel to Dark Souls I will go berserk and invade Sony headquarters as a bloody red phantom :-D

Still it's quite odd to not give the xbox community the chance to save a little money and increase the overall sales of the DLCs with a SP... And frankly: I am not shure I can wait till Xmas ^_^

I think there is a predecessor to Demon's Souls being made for PS4 at the moment.

Yes, that is what I was talking about ;)

But what I meant was not regarding the SeasonPass, that will never happen now. However, the 360 is coming closer to the end with each passing day. And that means everything will end-up being on sale at some point, and at an exponential rate. When I see that even Child of Light, that came out last month, is already on sale on the french marketplace, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Unless you want to benefit from online features while everybody else is playing, or unless it's a game that you anticipate a lot, there is NO REASON whatsoever anymore not to wait for a drop in price, because it WILL happen, and sooner than later.

@Puppys : I don't know if you've seen the PC version run on a very good PC, but it's really a thing of beauty. Dragon's Dogma level, or close to it. I could stay in Majula all day, looking at the grass and all the pollen and leaves floating in the air. All those little things, like the waves at Sinner's Rise or Amana, dust in the air, lighting, shadowing, grass movement, leaves in the trees, even the bonfires, look different. It's not incredible, but definitely prettier.

Edited by Asturgis

Has it been announced? I've seen teases and speculation all over the place, but I've been waiting for an official announcement. I would so play this again if I had the next gen graphics and the ability to record every awesome thing I do. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen, but I still haven't seen anything official.

Besides, with all bitch-slapping Namco and From have dealt us Xbox gamers, I wouldn't be surprised if they only ported it to PS4. Assholes.

@Puppys : I don't know if you've seen the PC version run on a very good PC, but it's really a thing of beauty. Dragon's Dogma level, or close to it. I could stay in Majula all day, looking at the grass and all the pollen and leaves floating in the air. All those little things, like the waves at Sinner's Rise or Amana, dust in the air, lighting, shadowing, grass movement, leaves in the trees, even the bonfires, look different. It's not incredible, but definitely prettier.

I haven't seen DS2, but I did run the dsfix with Dark Souls 1 on my laptop and my goddddd. lol I still can force myself to buy Dark Souls 2 on the PC because I've done everything possible in the game on 360, and it's still $30+ or however much. Will probably get it when it has a steam sale though!

I've heard the DLC is very tough, so NG would be your bet unless someone who has actually played the DLC has a different opinion.

Its very tough, I am getting destroyed and I have 100% the game. Not sure if its because I am adjusting to the new spell nerfs (was a faith build) or because the amount of enemies they like to throw at you at once. Should also note that i am on NG+8 so that also makes it challenging. 2-3 hits kills me from most enemies.

I guess you missed E3 2014...

I think there is a predecessor to Demon's Souls being made for PS4 at the moment.

Spiritual successor/sequel (SCE Japan Studio and From Software):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G203e1HhixY]Bloodborne Debut Trailer | Face Your Fears | PlayStation 4 Action RPG - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDUezrYpT6Y]PlayStation E3 2014 | Bloodborne | Live Coverage (PS4) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by OceanH

I've heard the DLC is very tough, so NG would be your bet unless someone who has actually played the DLC has a different opinion.

I am nearly done with it and it's not really a question of difficulty. I haven't died a single time yet except one missed jump to get an item. Hit my head in a platform ;)

It's cheap as fuck, though. They indeed like to throw at you hordes of enemies with infinite poise, so you cannot interrupt or stunlock ANYONE. That is really horrible. Plus, there are archers, traps and poison e-ve-ry-where. Enemies are highly resistant (I have 99 in INT, a Magic-MLGS and Fire BKGS and it takes me 4 swings to kill most of them, and at least 4 or 5 casts), they do a lot of DMG, destroy your weapons (only place in the game where I need 2 swords to clear the area) they attack by groups of 8 and the place is a maze. Other than that, when you learn how to use the terrain for cover, it is not as hard as Artorias of the Abyss was, nor as exciting, nor original, nor long. It REALLY takes 2 hours to finish.

I must admit I am very disappointed, I thought Artorias was fucking epic, but this is just meh. More Undead Crypt with a lot of poison, basically. Plus, except the new set of armor that looks really sick, I hate everything else. New crossbows, just what we needed, a few OP (Dark Soul Greatsword) or completely useless spells (Focus Souls, a 2-slotter clone of Soul Bolt), average weapons except for a Halberd, broken rings (increase Lightning DMG, as if that was needed since it's the most powerful element in the game) and OP items.

I dread everyone who will stock-up on some of the new balms (increase of DMG and DEF, seriously, Sacred Oath in pills) and pop them before every PvP fight. That plus Sacred Oath and everyone is immortal for 30 seconds, or immortal period if they use Denial.

Edited by Asturgis

My friend says it reminds him of an MMO raid. But it certainly doesn't help being on NG+8 XD

Can't really speak to the MMO part since I don't play them. To me it feels like a massive cave/dungeon crawl like you would find in *dare I say it* skyrim. There are puzzles and has a downward decent type feeling if that makes sense. As far as loot I have only found 2 or 3 rings, a spell and 1 weapon but from what I understand there is a lot of new gear.

Can't really speak to the MMO part since I don't play them. To me it feels like a massive cave/dungeon crawl like you would find in *dare I say it* skyrim. There are puzzles and has a downward decent type feeling if that makes sense. As far as loot I have only found 2 or 3 rings, a spell and 1 weapon but from what I understand there is a lot of new gear.

I haven't either, but he described a raid as having a whole bunch of people team together to take down a ridiculous boss. He described the first boss as that kinda fight :p

The first boss is like the Looking Ass Knight or the Four Kings. It's not really a technical fight as it relies heavily on DMG-dealing. You need to stack enchants and items so you can do as much DMG as possible as fast as possible, and end the fight before it's even started. If it becomes attrition and you're too slow, then you're screwed. At least solo. Not very interesting. My favorite boss fight in the series is still Knight Artorias. Like fighting an enraged EVA.

@Fogotmypantz : there isn't a lot of gear. I guess it depends on your build, but there is only 1 armor set, 4 new good items, 2 nice rings, 3 crappy swords, 1 crappy mace, 2 crossbows, a good halberd, 2 Hexes, 1 crappy Sorcery, 1 Miracle, and that's it.

To me, only the armor set, a Hex and a ring are actually useful. Rest is meh or useless.

Edited by Asturgis

The first boss is like the Looking Ass Knight or the Four Kings. It's not really a technical fight as it relies heavily on DMG-dealing. You need to stack enchants and items so you can do as much DMG as possible as fast as possible, and end the fight before it's even started. If it becomes attrition and you're too slow, then you're screwed. At least solo. Not very interesting. My favorite boss fight in the series is still Knight Artorias. Like fighting an enraged EVA.

@Fogotmypantz : there isn't a lot of gear. I guess it depends on your build, but there is only 1 armor set, 4 new good items, 2 nice rings, 3 crappy swords, 1 crappy mace, 2 crossbows, a good halberd, 2 Hexes, 1 crappy Sorcery, 1 Miracle, and that's it.

To me, only the armor set, a Hex and a ring are actually useful. Rest is meh or useless.

So not worth 10$ to you?

Sorry it took me a while to answer, I wasn't there. I don't like giving my opinion on things like this, because I am never satisfied with anything, so I'm not sure I can be a very reliable source of advice ;)

Just in case, I will tell you this. I won't pretend to know you, but having an eidetic memory, I remember pretty much everything you wrote. My feeling is that you won't enjoy it that much. You will think that some ideas are interesting, but that it's short, cheap and lazy. It's always nice to have more content when you love a game, and I do not regret buying it, but compared to Artorias of the Abyss, it's a complete and total let-down. Plus, it's full of hazards and hard to get items, and I know how you love being invaded every second and not even being able to explore in peace. Buying content and being forced to immediately go offline to take a single step is kind of outrageous.

It's my opinion. If you want, I can detail why. ;)

Sorry it took me a while to answer, I wasn't there. I don't like giving my opinion on things like this, because I am never satisfied with anything, so I'm not sure I can be a very reliable source of advice ;)

Just in case, I will tell you this. I won't pretend to know you, but having an eidetic memory, I remember pretty much everything you wrote. My feeling is that you won't enjoy it that much. You will think that some ideas are interesting, but that it's short, cheap and lazy. It's always nice to have more content when you love a game, and I do not regret buying it, but compared to Artorias of the Abyss, it's a complete and total let-down. Plus, it's full of hazards and hard to get items, and I know how you love being invaded every second and not even being able to explore in peace. Buying content and being forced to immediately go offline to take a single step is kind of outrageous.

It's my opinion. If you want, I can detail why. ;)

Well if it's crap compared to Artorias, I'll probably wait. I also don't like the PVP aspect of the game very much, so there's another -1 from me.

Oh well, still got plenty to play... :)

Well if it's crap compared to Artorias, I'll probably wait. I also don't like the PVP aspect of the game very much, so there's another -1 from me.

Oh well, still got plenty to play... :)

I DO enjoy the PvP aspect, and still think the DLC is garbage. I wish I hadn't paid $10 for this. Loved the game, hate the DLC.