What sort of XBA member are you?

Dirty130

What category do you fall into?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What category do you fall into?

• I'm proud of my 90%+ completion rate. I play ANY game I want!
    • Well, I too am proud of my 90%+ completion, but sadly it dictates the games I play.
    • While completion is important to me. I play whatever I want and my completion percentage suffers.
    • I hit 100K Gamerscore and don't care much about completions. Max Gamerscore FTW!
    • I mainly concentrate on multiplayer gaming. Check out my leadernoard positions!
    • Achievements suck, why am I on this site.
    • What? I was playing Dark Souls.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif:p:p

Tis true man.

I've never not played a game due to hard achievements. I will still try to complete said game, but thats not always possible (or cannae be arsed) hence I'm only at 90% completion.

You'll find plenty of solid games on my tag, and very few AAA games missing.

I like having a really high completion, but I don't let that entirely dictate what I play. If there is a game I really want to play, I will play regardless of the achievements. If there is a game I am unsure about playing, the achievements do help me make a decision to play it or not.

Tis true man.

I've never not played a game due to hard achievements. I will still try to complete said game, but thats not always possible (or cannae be arsed) hence I'm only at 90% completion.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

I like having a really high completion, but I don't let that entirely dictate what I play. If there is a game I really want to play, I will play regardless of the achievements. If there is a game I am unsure about playing, the achievements do help me make a decision to play it or not.

I assumed you started a new account to go for 100%

I guess you just started fresh for the XB1?

I'll play any game I find interesting regardless of achievements, but I still have a few loose guidelines. I'm roughly at 75% completion and I'm more than happy to stay in this neighborhood as it gives me more freedom to play what I'm interested in without the pressure of having to get all achievements. After hitting 100,000, I'm kinda just ambivalent about the size of my :gsicon:penis.

Lately, I've been picking up older games for dirt cheap. Some of them are even games I'd played before I cared about achievements and have gone back. In some cases very regrettably (looking a you James Cameron's Avatar: The Game).

While I enjoy completing games, I've started to soften this to getting as many achievements as I'm willing to put effort into.

For instance: fuck time trial/challenge achievements. Seriously, just fuck them. If it comes down to it, I'll obtain every other achievement, but I'll skip the time trail/challenge ones. I really loathe these kinds of things and I'm going to allow my gamercard to display that. :D

I don't necessarily allow achievements to "dictate" what I play, but I have looked at achievement lists to decide whether or not to get a game I'm on the fence about. Too many MP or time trial/challenge achievements and I'll likely skip it.

My biggest hang-up is that I tend not to play too many games at one time. I know people that jump around from title to title, but I can't do it. At most I'll juggle 2 titles. I need to complete a good portion of the game before I'm comfortable moving on to something else. And this has had me playing bad games for long stretches...

My biggest hang-up is that I tend not to play too many games at one time. I know people that jump around from title to title, but I can't do it. At most I'll juggle 2 titles. I need to complete a good portion of the game before I'm comfortable moving on to something else. And this has had me playing bad games for long stretches...

So I'm not alone. I rarely ever move onto a new game until the current once is finished/completed.

Guest Scotty

Voted #3. I'll play anything i want to play and will want the completion, but i don't play difficult games (i find them hard...) and have no hard completions on my tag. My completions are the result of site competitions and 'Easy 1000:gsicon:' lists. :p

Tis true man.

I'm just joking. Seen your profile before and complimented you on your completions. Thought it was funny how Kazz replied to your retort though.

Bro this all here makes no sense man! :blunt

It was never meant to, Blaze. :D

Actually, if you had of made sense of it. You're probably doing it wrong!

Thanks for the input everyone! :)

Edited by Dirty130