Edited by Lord Dirt

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Game: $70

Battle Pack: $25

Adventure Pack: $25

9 Regular characters: $90

5 Lightcore characters: $60

4 Swap Force: $60

So if you were going to buy it all it would buy it all it would be a total of: $330

On day one, and that is not including variants.

I got the game and the packs paid off. I think I will only be getting Super Gulp Pop Fizz for myself and Lightcore Flashwing for my wife on day one.

True, it is pricey..but at least you get something tangible that could also be doubled as an action figure. What is worse is the all digital cashgrab that came first. DLC for maps, avatar decorations, themes, etc. You could argue you don't need that for the "full" game experience but try getting on Halo or COD without all the map packs and see how fun that is.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but to get the "full" experience you just need a 1 from each element and use series 1/2 guys (which can be found on sale or 2nd hand for much cheaper) to unlock all the areas...

You literally need to spend ~$260 before any deals to get the full game experience. Very disappointed people are even supporting this kind of pay model.

So if you were going to go the bare minimum (which nobody who posts on these forums understands the concept of a minimum) you would need to spent:

$135 after the game.

That is to buy 1 giant and 8 Swap Force all at $15 each. Granted you can't get all 8 leg styles yet, but just wait until they are all out and there you go.

Still more expensive then say Injustice, where I spent about $130 for the game and all the DLC.

I'm not sure what my point is now that I typed all that, but I will assume I proved it >.>

So if you were going to go the bare minimum (which nobody who posts on these forums understands the concept of a minimum) you would need to spent:

$135 after the game.

105 actually, as you only need to get 6 swap force.

Basically, you would need to get

Magna Charge

Free Ranger

Rubble Rouser

Stink Bomb

Rattle Shake

Hoot Loop

and a Giant of your choosing.

and that would cover all elements and swap abilities.

Hi guys im new to this.

Understand the concept of it all, and appreciate how you are mentioning a MINIMUM option... but minimum for what??

To gain access to all areas?

To gain access to all upgrade?

or to just get all achievements?????

Tbh im only interested in getting all the achievements as fast as possible,

then selling on for a profit.

And MAYBE keeping a few of the kewl looking characters.

I have got the

Skylanders SwapForce DARK edition (5 characters)

Skylanders SwapForce LightCore Grim Creeper (FRIGGIN AWESOME)

Skylanders Giants LightCore Hex (free with preorder)

Skylanders Giants Crusher (Granite)

Anything i need?

If i only used the above, what would i miss out on?

Thanks

Edited by FroZeNSouL

We are talking about a minimum to unlock all the secret areas in the game.

If you want to get all the achievements all you need is the starter pack.

I haven't gotten all the achievements in Swap Force yet, but I imagine you could do all the achievements with just one character.

I haven't gotten all the achievements in Swap Force yet, but I imagine you could do all the achievements with just one character.

You'd need 2 because of team survival, but otherwise everything else could conceivably be done with one character. It'd be difficult as hell, but possible.

Anything i need?

If i only used the above, what would i miss out on?

You would be unable to open any air elemental gates and could not access most of the swap force challenges. This will not affect achievements, but may make the score attack achievements a little harder.

Despite all the different figures out there, all the games were designed so you could get all achievements with what came in the box. The slight exception was the portal owners version of giants which only came with one of the 3 necessary types for the elemental enthusiast achievement, but that was designed for people who already had a large skylander collection, so the lack of an included air or undead type would be little problem for them.

Thanks guys.

So looking at what I have above, if I wanted to blitz the all games, im still going to need:

Water (as Washbuckler isnt backwards compatible)

Tech

Air

Life (does it need to be Treerex/Giant?)

Also worth doing the other games first to level Stealth elf and spyro from the Dark ed,

rather than doing the after? Guessing that would be counter intuitive.

For all achievements in all games, in addition to what you currently have, you would need to get at minimum, 3 Spyro's Adventure skylanders (Green Base) with one of them being Gill Grunt and another being air.

The reason for this is there is one achievement that is Gill Grunt specific in Spyro's Adventure, and one achievement that needs 3 challenges completed. To unlock challenges, you need to place the corresponding skylander on the base, and they must be the appropriate series.

For example, Series 1 Stealth Elf will unlock her challenge in Spyro's Adventure, but not in Giants. Series 2 Stealth Elf will unlock her challenge in Giants, but not Adventure. Series 3 Stealth Elf will not unlock her challenge in either.

The air character is to open all the gates in the first level of giants (You already have Life and Undead covered by Stealth Elf and Hex respectively). If you had to pick only one, Lightning Rod and Whirlwind are your best choices.

Thanks, exactly the info was after.

Picked up gil grunt, and whirlwind. Do I need a tech? Better alternative to Trigger happy?

Would it be gd idea to get original S1 Spyro? To take through all 3 games?

Or will the challenges for 1st game not really matter, and having S3 dark spyro be more beneficial?

Would you highly recommend going through the games in order, building up characters as I go?

Or is there no real benefits, and should go straight to swapforce, then go back??

Sorry for so many questions just want to know quickest/best/easiest way to get through all 3 games.

Thanks, exactly the info was after.

Picked up gil grunt, and whirlwind. Do I need a tech? Better alternative to Trigger happy?

Tech would then allow you to open every gate. When I'm asked about what to get by parents and kids where I work, I tell them that getting 1 figure of each element is the first thing they should do.

As for which one to get, I'd say Drobot is the best choice. His lasers have one of the better dps in the game and allow you to blast through most of the games. He does falter a bit on hard and nightmare though because of the rather large HP pool enemies have.

Trigger Happy is good if you like bullet spam, but he is rather fragile.

Boomer's also a bit of fun with all of his bombs, but he's pretty hard to get cheaply nowadays, and he's a bit outclassed by the Giants character, Sprocket, because as any Goldeneye veteran will tell you "Proxies>Timed mines".

Would it be gd idea to get original S1 Spyro? To take through all 3 games?

Nah, unless you can get him for cheap, as a S3 spyro will play identical to a S1 version in the older games.

Really, there are only a few reasons to have more than 1 of a character:

1) You want to collect them all

2) You want one for each skill tree

3) You love the new look or pow-wow power

Me, I never got a S2/3 version of a character I already had unless it was a variant or was dirt cheap.

Or will the challenges for 1st game not really matter, and having S3 dark spyro be more beneficial?

Challenges won't make a huge difference unless you do a lot of them, as only then you'll see a noticeable difference in performance.

Would you highly recommend going through the games in order, building up characters as I go?

Or is there no real benefits, and should go straight to swapforce, then go back??

They can be done in any order, but with the way the series has evolved, you may find it hard to get into the older titles if you start with the latest and greatest. It'd be like trying to go back to Pokemon Red and Blue after playing X and Y.

Basically, the first out of the three will be the hardest at first as you'll have all rookies, but you'll have a veteran army going into the other two.

So appreciated!

Lastly (couldnt see any guides) just wondering process for each/what im looking out for.

Just thinking if like lego games, might not be collectables u need, but help out.

Sky1: no difficulty. Look out for gates, challenges, soul stars, hats.

SkyGiants: Switch ownership. Collectable guide available. anything else ??

SkySwapForce: Switch ownership. Start easy, lvl characters. Nightmare play. Same stuff to find as above?

Just been looking at all post on each forum to get idea.

Ill put together info and start today :)

Frozen,

for Skylanders to Giants the task of transferring ownership was really a pain. Myself i went backwards Giants then Spyros adventure as that was the order i got the games for my kids.

with Swap Force if you have played characters on previous games on your profile I found Swap Force would just take them. No need to switch ownership. I think i had only had a few new ones to switch because my kids used the swap characters on their profile first.

swap force characters when you change ownership you have to do this for both the top and the bottom.

anyway your quick run down looks good.

First game - no difficulty, must level up to level 10 with one character

second game - beat the game on easy and level up to level 15 with one character. Start a new save game on Nightmare. Remember there is a money save cheat after completing the game. This helps to boost the 65k money chievo

Third game - yeah just power through it on easy, then go back on Nightmare (same save file, level select), for Time trials - fast character and set on easy, Score attack recommend hard level and good characters,

Edited by DigiTekh

Thanks guys. Thats what needed.

So far been grabbing everything on way in Skylanders 1. Prettt enjoyable actually!

Need to focus on plowing through. ..but soon as I see something shiney.. :p

Obviously im making sure grabbing Soul gems n stuff that theres accumilative achievements for soul, scrolls, tressures.

Got my 10 hats but are there any that I should grab that will make a huge difference in oyher games??

IF they even transfer!?

Also picked up a couple of characters n changed ownership.

Still was able to gain achievement for all skills purchased.

Luckily Gill Grunt was lvl 7 with 1 skill left to buy!!

But obviously didnt get achievement for characters at lvl 10 even with ownership. But I did get chalenges.

Also unlike EmporerDragon said, my Spyro and StealthElf from Swapforce,

Have both come up with the challenges in Spyros Adventure.

Got my 10 hats but are there any that I should grab that will make a huge difference in oyher games??

IF they even transfer!?

Hats themselves don't transfer, but your Skylander will still be wearing the hat if it existed in both games. For example, if you earned the Wizard's hat in adventure then put it on a character, then brought the figure over to giants, the figure will still be wearing the hat in Giants. However, this does not unlock the hat in Giants, so if you change hats in Giants and then want the wizard's hat back, you would either need to either unlock it in Giants, or bring back the figure to Adventure.

As for what hats are the best, it's pretty much any of the late game stuff as they add up to 25 to a stat. Me, I tended not to bother with the hats too much, as despite the bonuses, they're just too damned ugly on the characters (And this is coming from someone who collects hats in Team Fortress 2).

Luckily Gill Grunt was lvl 7 with 1 skill left to buy!!

Did you go the hose path over the harpoon? Makes the Firefighter achievement so much easier.

Also unlike EmporerDragon said, my Spyro and StealthElf from Swapforce,

Have both come up with the challenges in Spyros Adventure.

Good to know. I guess it's just Giants that's persnickety about challenges.

Unfortunately was already picked. Belive its the harpoon tree.

Same with terrafin, was able to pick Razorfin in the tree its already down.

Worth resetting for the other games??

So the ones I will be able to choose are:

Spyro(guessing fireballs)

Stealth Elf

Hex

Whirlwind (I picked clouds, because of ur post on TA, large AoE)

Also have

Gil Grunt

Ghost Roaster

Sonic boom

Terrafin

Crusher Granite

WashBuckler

BlastZone

SlobberTooth

Grim Creeper

Which im guessing is going to be fine for all games now??

Just dont have a Tech, nor a Fire till Swapforce.

Off topic but...whats the point of SloberTooth in Dark ed...shouldn't this just be Bash!?

I finally got my $10 off a skylander coupon from Gamestop so I decided to head in and pick up Hoot Loop (because he was the last of the wave 1 swap characters I needed). To my surprise the Gamestop had wave 2 figures.

Swap:

Fire Kraken

Night Shift

Boom Jet

Grilla Drilla

Core:

Scorp

Riptide

I did not see any series 3s or new lightcores. I snatched up Night Shift, and Grilla Drilla as well as Riptide.