Next Gen consoles

No.

It says on the poster "Available for Next Gen" and underneath, although close, it says October release. Unrelated. Its mearly stating that the game will be available for next gen and the release date is october.

Nice to think next gen will be out then.

EDIT; the trailer shows what I mean.

Edited by Matt36

• 2 weeks later...
No.

It says on the poster "Available for Next Gen" and underneath, although close, it says October release. Unrelated. Its mearly stating that the game will be available for next gen and the release date is october.

Nice to think next gen will be out then.

EDIT; the trailer shows what I mean.

But there's a threshold date at some point. AC IV will be available for next-gen and that's out in October. Saints Row IV apparently will not be available for next-gen and that's out in August. So somewhere in between those two dates must be a point where developers/publishers have to actively start planning for availability for next-gen consoles.

But there's a threshold date at some point. AC IV will be available for next-gen and that's out in October. Saints Row IV apparently will not be available for next-gen and that's out in August. So somewhere in between those two dates must be a point where developers/publishers have to actively start planning for availability for next-gen consoles.

Not really, next gen dev kits have been around for ages now, that just means that Volition didn't bother developing SRIV for next gen and Ubi did. Ubisoft did the exact same thing with ACIII and the Wii U. Launched it for PS3/360 in October and then Wii U in November. I think that makes ACIV a likely launch title though.

I would say the new consoles will likely launch in November. They won't want them coming out too close to xmas or too far out from xmas imo.

Edited by Metabolic XBA

Not really, next gen dev kits have been around for ages now, that just means that Volition didn't bother developing SRIV for next gen and Ubi did. Ubisoft did the exact same thing with ACIII and the Wii U. Launched it for PS3/360 in October and then Wii U in November. I think that makes ACIV a likely launch title though.

I would say the new consoles will likely launch in November. They won't want them coming out too close to xmas or too far out from xmas imo.

Exactly. Nothing says that the games need to be released on all consoles, at the same time. This says next to nothing about the next gen release dates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

More than likely I'll be buying a Xbox One, AC4 and Dead Rising 3 day one. I'm kinda bummed I'll have to wait to play one of the most anticipated titles of 2013 while others enjoy it on there 360's in Oct.

Doe's anyone know if the next-gen version will be getting the same Collector's editions?

More than likely I'll be buying a Xbox One, AC4 and Dead Rising 3 day one. I'm kinda bummed I'll have to wait to play one of the most anticipated titles of 2013 while others enjoy it on there 360's in Oct.

Doe's anyone know if the next-gen version will be getting the same Collector's editions?

Yupp, same edition for both consoles.

• 2 weeks later...