Black Label Announced!

The Stray

It seems CAVE have announced a retail version of DDP Res./Dai. Black Label (as well as DLC for ver. 1.5), and it kinda mixes in DDP with Ketsui (as seen in the vid.), release is set on 2/3/11 with the DLC priced at 1200MSP/$15USD, while the retail port will cost around about $50-60USD.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPUEmCGR8fw]YouTube - Xbox 360「怒首領蜂大復活ブラックレーベルã€PV[/ame]

• 11 months later...

Actually the DLC is on the dashboard now for 800 MSP.

Only thing being is it offers the "Black Label" version but no achievements for it.

And... nothing you achieve in the "Black Label" version will count. You need to be playing the regular game for your achievements.

Az

It says 60 achievements so are they all exactly same as the JP version with the dlc giving an extra 250? I thought there was a secret achievement in the JP version for letting a hyper item fall off the screen, but it didn't unlock when I tried that in this version.

It says 60 achievements so are they all exactly same as the JP version with the dlc giving an extra 250? I thought there was a secret achievement in the JP version for letting a hyper item fall off the screen, but it didn't unlock when I tried that in this version.
Dunno, ain't got a clue what the japanese ones say lol.

Well the game arrived today and I've downloaded the Black Label DLC and the 1.51 DLC.

I gave Black Label a go and unlocked 2 achievements in that mode.

I know one of them was "Red Guage Max" but I'm unsure if the other one was "Activate Hyper" or "Bee Completion".

There appear to be 60 achievemenst for a total of 1250, so I believe the Black Label DLC adds 250 achievements.

I'd certainly like to know which ones you get from which modes.

Really fun game. I'm only just starting to twig on to how the 'Bullet Cancel' technique works.

I used to describe "Deathsmiles" as "R-Type on Crack" but after playing this I'd have to describe "Dodonpachi" as "Deathsmiles on Crack".

Az

Well the game arrived today and I've downloaded the Black Label DLC and the 1.51 DLC.

I gave Black Label a go and unlocked 2 achievements in that mode.

I know one of them was "Red Guage Max" but I'm unsure if the other one was "Activate Hyper" or "Bee Completion".

There appear to be 60 achievemenst for a total of 1250, so I believe the Black Label DLC adds 250 achievements.

I'd certainly like to know which ones you get from which modes.

Really fun game. I'm only just starting to twig on to how the 'Bullet Cancel' technique works.

I used to describe "Deathsmiles" as "R-Type on Crack" but after playing this I'd have to describe "Dodonpachi" as "Deathsmiles on Crack".

Az

Check the guide I posted above for info on what unlocks in what mode and for the secret achievements.

The DLC adds 10 achievements for 250, so the last 10 in DDPR's achievement list are for Black Label. Not sure if there is a guide for these ones though.

• 2 months later...
Is this worth getting for 800 MSP? Any easy achievements?

Since I have both versions (EU & JP), can I use the DLC on both versions or do I have to buy them separately for each region?

6 very easy attainable achievements that are worth 50G

2 rather hard achievements worth 50G

2 almost impossible achievements worth 150G

I highly doubt that the DLC will work with both versions...

...and is it worth 800MSP? Well you get one new game-mode which in my opinion is more fun to play than the regular modes but the difficulty is just overdone ô_o

6 very easy attainable achievements that are worth 50G

2 rather hard achievements worth 50G

2 almost impossible achievements worth 150G

I highly doubt that the DLC will work with both versions...

...and is it worth 800MSP? Well you get one new game-mode which in my opinion is more fun to play than the regular modes but the difficulty is just overdone ô_o

I bought it just for the 6 easy achievements and to support the genre lol...

I'll try it on the JP version when I start it.

Edit: I can confirm the EU DLC doesn't work with the JP DLC lol...

Edit again: Kind of bullshit that the JP one costs 1200 MSP and the EU cost only 800... Oh well.

Edited by yamayamayaamaa