No achievements unlocking

Ayepeck

I just manged to get that in a game, at first I was happy but then I had a mini heart attack and wondered if it would unlock at all, thankfully it did but I still have 5 achievements from the latest DLC still locked despite having 100%

Well, I can't say I'm surprised today when I went to check my friend's TA profile and he has now 3 achievements stuck at 100%. Killed them all, 12 kills on War Games and a Win on Swampland.

You had one job Microsoft, make achievements work! One simple job!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think these achievements that were supposed to be unlocked when MS started having issues with the app are just permafucked. It seems like all the progress you made during that time doesn't count, and the Cloud may never recognize you did them ever again.

I'm starting to think these achievements that were supposed to be unlocked when MS started having issues with the app are just permafucked. It seems like all the progress you made during that time doesn't count, and the Cloud may never recognize you did them ever again.

I'm thinking the same unless someone can tell me they have unlocked an achievement that was bugged in the last couple days....

I'm thinking the same unless someone can tell me they have unlocked an achievement that was bugged in the last couple days....

I'm going to be so royally pissed if that's the case. Shame on me for buying DLC for achievements, but I also expect the things I pay for to work. I have six of these stuck at 100%, and one in Guacamelee too. I deliberately waited until after all the problems had been fixed according to those service alerts, and still this happened. Why even link these to the cloud?

A lot of complaining, but I mostly wanted to mention that if I see any of these pop I'll be sure to let you guys know.

I'm going to be so royally pissed if that's the case. Shame on me for buying DLC for achievements, but I also expect the things I pay for to work. I have six of these stuck at 100%, and one in Guacamelee too. I deliberately waited until after all the problems had been fixed according to those service alerts, and still this happened. Why even link these to the cloud?

A lot of complaining, but I mostly wanted to mention that if I see any of these pop I'll be sure to let you guys know.

I totally agree. I guess I don't totally understand the tech or coding but you'd think that they could put something in the next update that the first time you sign into live after the fix, the system would check you're achievements and if locked achievements have the criteria or progress listed as 100% they would automatically unlock. Like I said, no expert here but it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in the scope if things.

I totally agree. I guess I don't totally understand the tech or coding but you'd think that they could put something in the next update that the first time you sign into live after the fix, the system would check you're achievements and if locked achievements have the criteria or progress listed as 100% they would automatically unlock. Like I said, no expert here but it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in the scope if things.
They have that right now you unlock the achievements when you sign in but its not working.

They have that right now you unlock the achievements when you sign in but its not working.

Right, so that's why I don't understand why these would be permafucked as someone said above. Once a fix is implemented since supposedly they are working on one. They should unlock. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.

i would recommend you empty your storage queue i've not gotten achievements i have clearly achieved but after i tried clearing it, it worked. hope this helps

Huh? Please explain better.

I think rubyrose is saying to check your download queue in Games and Apps. I did and there was an update waiting to download for Wolfenstein. I downloaded that and even cleared the cache/local saved games but still no achievements have popped.

They have to fix this. I have a PS4 collecting dust right next to my One. It's a pretty good system, the system menu might be ugly, but at least it works and it's fast. I'm tired of waiting 10 seconds just for my friends list to open, I'm tired of every single app crashing, I'm tired of the bugs that make me have to unplug my One from the wall socket every now and then to reset it. And now, I'm super pissed about having achievements issue, the only reason a lot of us ever bought this freaking DLC in the first place.

If DLCs were really something the community wants, they wouldn't have added achievements to the first one 1 month after release. They did that because they saw that without achievements, it just won't sell.

Look at my profile. I have 40 games completed on the one. Forty freaking games that I spent money on and that I played the crap out of them until every achievement was unlocked. Do you think all of those games were good? Or that all of those achievements were enjoyable? some of them were a freaking grind, like the gen 10 and I'm seeing people here with this one glitched. I can't imagine the pain of playing 100 hours for something and getting nothing in the end.

Now I'm risking losing my 100% completion on the One because of this crap. We are the so called "hardcore gamers", we are the people who purchased this console day one, we are the people that buy crappy games just for achievements, that buy every DLC just for the achievements. We are the people Microsoft needs the most and they are screwing things so bad, that they are risking losing us.

This is not an empty rant, they better fix that, or my money is shifting to that other console that is collecting dust. And they better do it fast, because I'm playing Titanfall and the last DLC for Call of Duty Ghosts, but if this shit is still going on by the 19th, without at least an official statement, I think my PS4 is the one getting Diablo 3...

I plan on buying at least 15 retail games during October and November alone. I bet Sony will welcome me with open arms on the PS4 if Microsoft doesn't care about us.

Woah... I hopped on to give my status update (neither of my 2 100% complete, but still locked achievements popped after playing a handful of games and completing today's daily challenges) and saw that rant.

I've got to say Siegfried, that is one hell of a hobby you have. While I try my best to complete all the games I buy (seriously, wtf call of duty... you make me hate you so much) I only buy games I am interested in. Playing games is not my job, and I while I am certainly guilty of grinding out hard achievements and wasting days doing it, I will never just buy "My little pony's magic rainbow video game" just for the achievements. (Ok, yah, I did get avatar used for like $5 and got my free 1k in 30 seconds, but still) Believe it or not, the "hardcore" gamer set is not the biggest demographic. Casual gamers are. Casual gamers far outnumber the hardcore gamer set by a long shot.

Want to know why game companies shifted over to the season pass model? Because, they can sell that to you on day 1 while you're still hyped for a game and not have to wait 3,6,9 months to try and convince you that you should shell out money for DLC on a game you've forgotten about. That works on EVERYONE, not just hardcore gamers. They've already figured out how to get people's money without having them hooked on achievement crack. (and be honest, if you really spent all that money on a bunch of crap games just for an e-peen number, then you're not going to just abandon the system as a whole)

I understand your frustration as I like to be a completionist as well, but I think you need to tone down the coffee a bit. It is in their best interests to fix the issues. Not everything is easily resolvable. Right now, there is enough "other stuff" to focus on without losing your mind over a handful of DLC achievements, especially if you intend to buy 15 retail games (seriously, that's $900 not counting tax or any special additions) in two months for an arbitrary number next to your name.

I unlocked my 50 attrition wins which had been at 100% for over a week last night, but the ones for wins on the maps, dirt nap, and the trap achievement have not unlocked although they show 100%. I also unlocked a few others like "Gravesite","Hidden Export" and "Overkill" so I suspect it will be soon that it could be fixed.

As for Siegfried's post, I do not even know where to start. I understand the frustration with the achievements (I do expect them to work when I shell out my money for content) but I do understand not everything works all the time. Your game completion rate is rather impressive and I am sure the achievements will be fixed. Never mind the monetary bit to buy games, I cannot imagine the time commitment to finish all those games. I have no idea your life situation, but have you maybe thought about going outside to see the world?

They have to fix this. I have a PS4 collecting dust right next to my One. It's a pretty good system, the system menu might be ugly, but at least it works and it's fast. I'm tired of waiting 10 seconds just for my friends list to open, I'm tired of every single app crashing, I'm tired of the bugs that make me have to unplug my One from the wall socket every now and then to reset it. And now, I'm super pissed about having achievements issue, the only reason a lot of us ever bought this freaking DLC in the first place.

If DLCs were really something the community wants, they wouldn't have added achievements to the first one 1 month after release. They did that because they saw that without achievements, it just won't sell.

Look at my profile. I have 40 games completed on the one. Forty freaking games that I spent money on and that I played the crap out of them until every achievement was unlocked. Do you think all of those games were good? Or that all of those achievements were enjoyable? some of them were a freaking grind, like the gen 10 and I'm seeing people here with this one glitched. I can't imagine the pain of playing 100 hours for something and getting nothing in the end.

Now I'm risking losing my 100% completion on the One because of this crap. We are the so called "hardcore gamers", we are the people who purchased this console day one, we are the people that buy crappy games just for achievements, that buy every DLC just for the achievements. We are the people Microsoft needs the most and they are screwing things so bad, that they are risking losing us.

This is not an empty rant, they better fix that, or my money is shifting to that other console that is collecting dust. And they better do it fast, because I'm playing Titanfall and the last DLC for Call of Duty Ghosts, but if this shit is still going on by the 19th, without at least an official statement, I think my PS4 is the one getting Diablo 3...

I plan on buying at least 15 retail games during October and November alone. I bet Sony will welcome me with open arms on the PS4 if Microsoft doesn't care about us.

Damn dude 40 games?!?! Nice! I understand your rant completely and bet believe MS is shitting themselves trying to push this fix out to us fast! They will loose a ton of money with this whole ordeal.

It's not about the number. I don't even know my gamerscore and I don't care about it. My hobby, as you just said, is to play games, so my free time is devoted to that (I have an easy job that takes me just a few hours everyday and my girlfriend is in college right now and a dancer that has rehearsals all the time, that's why I get so much time to game). I get good games that I want to play first, and if I run out of good games, I start getting whatever is available. I love playing, I love completing all the challenges in the game, it's not about the gamerscore, it's just the way I like to play. Believe me, it would be the same to me starting again on PS4. The sole reason I play on the 360 and One is because I really, really, really like the controller a lot over the dualshock.

I used to like the 360 as whole, everything worked there, X-Box Live was solid, updates where few and far between, game updates were small, we had group chat and invites that worked flawlessly. Everything PS3 lacked at the time. And now the situation is the complete opposite! They screwed everything that made the 360 such a great console to game with. Updates for games where a few megs back there, now we get 10 gig updates that change almost nothing. Invites are better than the complete mess it was after release, but still lacking compared to the 360.

I'm disappointed with what they did as whole on the One, this new issue is just the last drop you know? I understand what you said about they having lots of things to fix, like the X-Box Live outages we are getting almost every week, something that almost never happened back there on the 360. I just don't understand whythey have so much to fix, you know?

Anyway, enough about that, I'm disappoint but that has nothing to do with the thread... I'll shut up now. :p

I cannot imagine the time commitment to finish all those games. I have no idea your life situation, but have you maybe thought about going outside to see the world?

As I said above, it all comes to one thing: Girlfriend really busy for the moment and for the next couple years and I already have my life sorted out, so I have free time but the person I would like to hang with doesn't. The solution? Games...

Edited by Siegfried

I just wish that MS would at least acknowledge the locked at 100% achievement problem. I'm starting to wonder if it is even possible for them to fix it. For games like Wolfenstein I know I can delete my local and cloud save and try to get the achievements that are locked. But what about online games like Titanfall? I've had "I've Seen It All" locked at 100% for two weeks now - maybe it will be like that forever.

I just wish that MS would at least acknowledge the locked at 100% achievement problem. I'm starting to wonder if it is even possible for them to fix it. For games like Wolfenstein I know I can delete my local and cloud save and try to get the achievements that are locked. But what about online games like Titanfall? I've had "I've Seen It All" locked at 100% for two weeks now - maybe it will be like that forever.

Xboxsupport on twitter has acknowledge there is a problem and it's being worked on. They've been tweeting replies to people at least once an hour every hour about the achievement issues since the major outage last week.

Here is the lastest tweet from them to a user "I know it's taking a bit of time, but we are still working on getting all the achievements to pop. ^CQ"

link:

Well at least they're acknowledging it. I have over 100 points worth of achievements I'm missing out on in Titanfall and Crimson Dragon.

Siegfried I feel your pain, man. You out so many long hours into these games and you just want to see a nice completion percentage when you look at your app. I just try to keep in mind this is relatively new tech MS is using and there will be problems from time to time. It sucks when it happens but they're just growing pains, bro. Everything will get sorted out soon, they know there's a large percentage of gamers who love their GS/completion % and they won't abandon us.

As I said above, it all comes to one thing: Girlfriend really busy for the moment and for the next couple years and I already have my life sorted out, so I have free time but the person I would like to hang with doesn't. The solution? Games...

Well that makes more sense. Like I said I have no idea your situation.

I am sure this will be fixed soon enough and we will all be happy when we log on and our gamerscore goes up 100's of points with a batch of achievement unlocks. Currently the bug sucks for me because Titanfall is the only game I am playing because nothing else piques my interest at the current price points. I remember being interested in my gamerscore/completion%, but lately I am bored by the time my Xbox turns on which is no good...Need more RPG's, but that is another topic.