All's Fare in Love and War Problem !

BlackcatS

Hi ,

Can anyone help me please about this achievement ? I bought the downtown cab when I finished the game , and now I finish all of the strangers and freaks , stress race ... ETC but still didn't receive any call from Downtown cab for Private Fare. I think that around 20 days pass in the game after I bought the downtown cab.

whats the problem ? Glitch ? Or I have to be in the taxi to receive the call ?

The easiest way would be to switch to Franklin, Save your game, and then load your game up again.

Drive around the city and in a couple minutes or so you should get a phone call/text for a mission. If the mission isn't a taxi cab mission, re-load your save and try again.

What mission you get seems to be based on where you are on the map, so try driving around just outside the Airport (one of the taxi cab missions involves picking someone up from there)

You don't have to be in a taxi cab to get the call, but you may need to be in a car of some kind (I was in Franklin's default car when I got most of my calls)

The easiest way would be to switch to Franklin, Save your game, and then load your game up again.

Drive around the city and in a couple minutes or so you should get a phone call/text for a mission. If the mission isn't a taxi cab mission, re-load your save and try again.

What mission you get seems to be based on where you are on the map, so try driving around just outside the Airport (one of the taxi cab missions involves picking someone up from there)

You don't have to be in a taxi cab to get the call, but you may need to be in a car of some kind (I was in Franklin's default car when I got most of my calls)

Done what you said and still nothing happen ! it's going to make me crazy !

I'm having the same issue at BlackcatS. I don't know about his situation, but I'm not even getting messages/calls for missions to help my businesses. And I have every business outside of the golf club, and the second- and third-most expensive movie theaters (the Two-Cent Theater, I think, and... forget the name of the $30 mil one).

Something tells me this is bugged out, as I haven't been getting calls for any of my characters since about the 30 hour mark... I'm up to just under 73 hours now, the last 10 to 15 of which have been nothing but sitting or driving about in Franklins' default car hoping to get this call from Raul. And I've tried what you mentioned earlier about being near certain places to try and influence specific phone calls, to no avail yet. I'll keep trying for another week or two in-game, but if it doesn't work, I may just have to play through the first 20 or so missions again on a new save.

I'm having the same issue at BlackcatS. I don't know about his situation, but I'm not even getting messages/calls for missions to help my businesses. And I have every business outside of the golf club, and the second- and third-most expensive movie theaters (the Two-Cent Theater, I think, and... forget the name of the $30 mil one).

Something tells me this is bugged out, as I haven't been getting calls for any of my characters since about the 30 hour mark... I'm up to just under 73 hours now, the last 10 to 15 of which have been nothing but sitting or driving about in Franklins' default car hoping to get this call from Raul. And I've tried what you mentioned earlier about being near certain places to try and influence specific phone calls, to no avail yet. I'll keep trying for another week or two in-game, but if it doesn't work, I may just have to play through the first 20 or so missions again on a new save.

If your playing as Franklin and driving around the city and not getting any calls at all then there is a problem. At the very least you should be getting a call/text from smoke on the water. I would make sure you have the latest patch (A lot of people started getting taxi calls after the 2nd patch) and then check your settings.

Bring up your phone, go to settings, then profile and make sure your in normal mode and not sleep mode.

If that doesn't help:

No idea if these have anything to do with it or not, but In start/settings/notifications

I have everything set to on, and message frequency set to 2 minutes.

it seems that I've to go through 2nd playtrough as there is no sign of any Calls from Raul !

Best bet as i have to do the same. I did get a call from them and dropped a guy off in my own car he had ago at a bike gang about where his daughter was and got wasted by them so i killed the gang and nothing i just drove off. :mad:

Best bet as i have to do the same. I did get a call from them and dropped a guy off in my own car he had ago at a bike gang about where his daughter was and got wasted by them so i killed the gang and nothing i just drove off. :mad:

Your supposed to get out and help the guy kill the bikers. If you both survive, you complete the mission.

Did U buy the property? And than I mean really buy it, not glitch buy it :). If so that's the problem, if you "glitch buy" it the missions won't activate.

I don't even know what a "glitch buy" is. Myself, I purchased the company legit after I had enough cash as Franklin, once Trevor makes his way into the city. Still no calls.

Anyone found a reliable method to get the private fare to pop yet?

I bought the property at least 30 hours ago, I've finished everything in the singleplayer now except for this and 8 more gold medals.

I don't think I've gotten even one call about a fare yet, not even gotten any for the other properties in this time.

Anyone found a reliable method to get the private fare to pop yet?

I bought the property at least 30 hours ago, I've finished everything in the singleplayer now except for this and 8 more gold medals.

I don't think I've gotten even one call about a fare yet, not even gotten any for the other properties in this time.

Still got the same problem , I manage to start 2nd playtrough after getting 70 Gold Medal !

Yep, this one is extremely frustraiting.

I still have online to do but after 4.5 days combined time on my characters [which is only time saved, who knows how much time I've really sunk into it,] 2 days and 9 hours of that on Franklin and I still don't have this done even with every other singleplayer achievement complete now.

The game isn't bad but it's just not that fun that I'd want to do a new playthrough just for this 1 thing, especially at the risk of it happening again.

We need a reliable way to get this done.

Thanks God Finally get it !

I got the save from "By the book mission" (22.5%) , I load it and then go to the downtown cab and Bought it , then go back to the franklin's home and save the game , after passing 4-5days with saving , I get out of the house and enter the cab that park in front of the home and as soon as I entered it got the call ! Now im 1000/1000 .

In my Original save game , I played around 30 Hours with franklin and not even get the call or text from downtown cab.

It seems once you do the final heist of the game it wrecks everything else. I completed it a few days ago leaving the assassination missions and now when i open my phone for the internet i lose my mini map etc and ability to character swap. Although i've found a work around so i can still use the stock market, it seems that is a common problem for a lot of people. That once they finish the last heist any left over missions don't work right.

Almost 40 hours since I bought the cab company and haven't been called once (besides the automatic one right after purchasing it). This is the last achievement I have left to do for the 1000. I don't have any saves before finishing the main story. Tried loading up other saves anyway to no avail. I'm not sure if I should just stick with this save file and pray I get called in the next few hours, or to take the plunge and start a new playthrough.

EDIT: Go figure a couple hours after posting here, I FINALLY get the call. After idling in Franklin's driveway for a long time, I switched over to Trevor just for the hell of it. I rode a taxi over to his place (the strip club) and slept on the couch to save. After I woke up, I switched back over to Franklin and got the call in about 10 seconds. I was nervous as hell about making sure I didn't fail the fare or crash or something, but I finished just fine. No clue if that specific order of events led to me getting called, but I figured I would share just in case.

Edited by Prime8

I was frustrated by this achievement too, as I'd left it until reasonably late (while having had opportunities to do it). If you find yourself constantly driving around for a while, try and do an activity.

After I'd gotten sick of diving around for around two hours, I randomly decided to do a parachute jump and upon completion of that I got the call.

This. I bought the property way northwest early on, and never completed the mission after getting the call. Since then, I haven't gotten a single property call except for the ones acknowledging the buy (I own all but two properties and can do all the regular property missions), and it has been a LOT of hours. Please, does anyone have a fix for this?

• 1 year later...

Okay, this solution has worked twice for me now, as I messed up my first passenger.

1) Purchase the Downtown Cab Co.

2) Receive initial phone call.

3) Kill yourself.

4) Almost as soon as you respawn at a hospital (and both times in my case, as soon as you get into a car), you'll receive another phone call about collecting a private fare.

Edited by BBIAJ
Typo