Bonfire Asthetic

Creazil

Where do I get these? Not sure if I have any but does anyone sell them? Also, some places have more than one bonfire, does it matter which bonfire I use the asthetic on or does it still make the entire area NG+. I also heard the enemies don't despawn?

I just wanna know all this before I go burning them at bonfires :) Thanks.

I am also wondering what exactly these do, bump for interest.

I am looking to attempt the Duke's Dear Freja using the Ascetic to earn the Old Paledrake Soul, without having to actually do NG+ yet.

Does it matter which bonfire I burn one in?

Will I still be able to summon NPC's or even other Players to help?

You'll get a ridiculous amount of them throughout the game, many merchants do sell them although I can't remember which right now.

Pretty sure using them on a bonfire within an area makes the entire area NG+ difficulty, but not 100% sure. Also not, it carrier over each playthrough, for example: If you're on NG and use 2 on one bonfire to get them to NG++, then when you reach your second playthrough (NG+) that area will then be NG+++, so use them with caution, you don't want to make an area boss too difficult and then not be able to proceed without massive farming and/or help.

Later in the game Pilgrim of the Dark covenant leader, Grandahl sells 10 of them, also some of the enemies in that dungeon drops bonfire ascetics.

These are good if you want to grind for some rare items or getting boss item drops before doing ng+ run at the moment.

Stone trader Chloanne sells one in Majula, but yeah being in the pilgrims of the dark you will get loads of drops, I have 27 in my inventory after all three dungeons. I'm pretty sure there are 3 near Cromwell (Brightstone Cove)in the church too where there are items lying on th ground or he sells them.

They do make the area NG + difficulty and upwards depending on how many you use in that bonfire, they also reset the boss and most items, but not metal chests as far as I can tell.

Edit - Navlaan in Aldia's Keep also sells 10

Edited by Brengun

Although it can be tedious, the Giant's Memories always offer 2 ascetics. That means burning one in that fire (Place Unbeknownst) will always give you a extra ascetic to go pick up and takes 5-10 minutes if you don't get killed.

Be warned, my friend is currently at 20 intensity there, those giants don't play nice anymore D:

Just a heads up for Re-doing bosses using Ascetics,

You HAVE to burn it at the last bonfire before the boss in order for that boss to respawn and the fog gate to reappear, not just burn it in any bonfire in the area.

Tested it the other night, to clear it up for myself, and to give anyone a heads up on it :)

Just a heads up for Re-doing bosses using Ascetics,

You HAVE to burn it at the last bonfire before the boss in order for that boss to respawn and the fog gate to reappear, not just burn it in any bonfire in the area.

Tested it the other night, to clear it up for myself, and to give anyone a heads up on it :)

Not too sure about that actually, I've burned Ascetics at the first Iron Keep Bonfire and everything's worked out regularly.

Might I ask where you burned yours to "clear it up for yourself?" (Might be a smaller/different area, since Iron Keep is erm, special… shall we say. Heh :p)

I feel cheap, but if it's there, I'm gonna use it. Currently sitting on 92 effigys lol.

I don't, it's a new part of the game. I have 99 effigies in my item box and another 20 on hand. The only use I have for them is to burn them right before a pvp heavy area such as Heides tower or bellfries

I feel cheap, but if it's there, I'm gonna use it. Currently sitting on 92 effigys lol.

I never used the ring much until I started trying to get my sunlight medals. I am getting invaded constantly. Having to pop an effigy after each invasion just to drop my sign again is wasteful.

I wish the SunBro covenant was immune to invasions. Just pure jolly cooperation. Or at minimum, maybe you couldn't summon help but you could still help others with no fear of invasions. (I love helping others with bosses) Or at least give me immunity while my summon sign is at the damn fog gate.

I never used the ring much until I started trying to get my sunlight medals. I am getting invaded constantly. Having to pop an effigy after each invasion just to drop my sign again is wasteful.

I wish the SunBro covenant was immune to invasions. Just pure jolly cooperation. Or at minimum, maybe you couldn't summon help but you could still help others with no fear of invasions. (I love helping others with bosses) Or at least give me immunity while my summon sign is at the damn fog gate.

I tried to bypass some invasions by joining the covenants, like the Blue Sentinels so I don't keep being invaded for killing a damn NPC, but nope.

Now I just party out, but apparently online play is restricted if you do this too much.

Not too sure about that actually, I've burned Ascetics at the first Iron Keep Bonfire and everything's worked out regularly.

Might I ask where you burned yours to "clear it up for yourself?" (Might be a smaller/different area, since Iron Keep is erm, special… shall we say. Heh :p)

Brightstone Cove Tseldora.

I burned one at the second bonfire, after the Prowling Magus boss, then ran down to Freja, but the fog-gate hadn't reappeared, so I burned one at the third bonfire, close to Ornifex, and that made the fog-gate come back.

If anyone far into the game is looking for a quicker way to get ascetics, I am currently farming the Dark Chasm of Old. All dark phantoms, including the invisible mages, are dropping them pretty consistently. I have max item discovery on an I can get 2-4 per run.

The leader of this covenant also sells 10 of them at 7500 souls each.

I don't think you can reset those areas with an ascetic, could someone confirm?