What was the hardest part on Insane?

p4in redefined

the hardest part or the part me and my friend struggled with the most was the second time you split up on act 4 above ground where you choose the street or the above building and grab the Hammers to take out the seeder. we retired 23 times and finally did it.

what was the hardest part for you?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the hardest part was right before General RAAM, where you have to man the turret on the roof. I would have to switch which turret I was on and kept dying as I switched. That took me longer than killing RAAM did. I read somewhere that Insane was really designed for co-op, and that mission made me a believer. I found that misison to be EXTREMELY difficult for a single player (although not impossible, since I did eventually beat the darn thing).

Driving the car isn't that bad. I def. struggled on Hardcore with a friend playing that part and I recently went through that like nothing on Insane by myself. Weird.

As for me, I still can't defeat RAMM on Insane and all my friends suck so we can't beat the guy at all. I haven't unlocked none of the Insane achievements either for Act 3-5. I'm working on 3 right now and hopefully can go through that easily. Just need to do three more stages.

the hardest part or the part me and my friend struggled with the most was the second time you split up on act 4 above ground where you choose the street or the above building and grab the Hammers to take out the seeder. we retired 23 times and finally did it.

what was the hardest part for you?

Same thing for me.

General Raam hands down. I had to go on co-op with a random person online to beat him!

i didnt have a problem with him we beat him 2nd go and i cant remember the hardest part of gow it was so long ago but i think it was the spliting up part

i played insane by myself and other than ramm id say the hardest part had to be right at the end of act 4 i believe...u get into the room that they made into mansion for multiplayer...anyway start upstairs and shoot outside then they break in...i struggled through that

for me; the part where u split up in the carts and have to fight off wretches...damn thinking about that part still makes me angry

agreed 100%.

this is only bad with 2 people on co op.

i found it was easier to abandon my friend for this stage and get past it myself, then continuing with the rest of the story.

thing was, i went back to it on the casual mode as dom cuz that was the time i was tryin to get the dom achievement.

tip for anyone at this stage: use the damn molotov pistol against those wretches. they work wonders! and stay ducked down for the rest of the time, until you get up to the guy right next to you with the gun, quickly down him with a shot to the knees with the shotgun ( easy because his knees are eye level with you ) and quickly turn and use the pistol against the last wretch runnin down the hall at you, then stay ducked for the remainder of the ride, you should make it :woop:

I've soloed Insane up to RAAM, and apart from him, the hardest part for me has been defending the front of the mansion at the end of act4. This section did give me problems in hardcore as well though. I was so relieved when I finally got through it.

The pumping station also gave me problems in hardcore, but strangely it only took a couple of attempts to get past on Insane.

Dunno what mission but the part where the locusts are invading Marcus' house(where the front door is on fire). A close second was escaping to the car was pretty hard too. Keep in mind I did the whole game alone on insane. To beat RAMM I used that getting stuck glitch.