Weird things happening online?

half

I've a few weird things have happend to me online:

• Started a motor mash event facing backwards with my 'face' to the wall, had to reverse back in to start
  • Come in 2nd or 3rd only to be placed a lot lower (hardcore racing and motor mash)
  • No sound or distaughted audio whilst in motor mash. Tested out the surround sound I have set up and it's fine so must be the game.
  • Shunt power ups hitting without warning (fired from far away not when right up the back of me) or flying past me and not touching me and yet I still go into the wrecking scene. I swear it never touched me and was at least a few inches to a foot away.

What is up with the online? Anyone else having problems?

:confused:

I've a few weird things have happend to me online:

• Started a motor mash event facing backwards with my 'face' to the wall, had to reverse back in to start
  • Come in 2nd or 3rd only to be placed a lot lower (hardcore racing and motor mash)
  • No sound or distaughted audio whilst in motor mash. Tested out the surround sound I have set up and it's fine so must be the game.
  • Shunt power ups hitting without warning (fired from far away not when right up the back of me) or flying past me and not touching me and yet I still go into the wrecking scene. I swear it never touched me and was at least a few inches to a foot away.

What is up with the online? Anyone else having problems?

:confused:

I've had a couple of those happen to me. 2 or 3 times I've started a motor mash event facing the wall and once I came 2nd in a hardcore race only to be told that for some reason I was 3rd. I also don't get any music on the menu screens occasionally (that goes for single player too.) I don't find too many problems with it generally though.

I regularly get the "come in one to several places lower than shown" thing. Occasionally it even will show it counting down once the race is over, for example, from 3rd to 4th to 5th place. I never had the problem in hardcore or motor mash but I've only played maybe a dozen matches between the two types. In over 200 powered up races I've had it happen dozens of times. One time I had the music and the sound of the car die in the middle of a race; the power up sound effects becoming distorted and extremely loud. I had to turn the xbox off to fix it.

The shunts might not have been aimed at you, but may have hit you as you were in their way.

The others sound like glitches. I've had a few weird ones myself:

• Used a nitro at the same time I got hit with a shunt, and I stopped still, and another time I shot backwards.
  • Started motor mash sitting on top of another car!
  • Started motor mash facing the front of another car.
  • Finished 2nd, but it said I finished first (I saw a guy beat me to the finish line, so it was definitely a glitch -- although this has been the only glitch to actually be good to me!)

The only thing that really annoys me, is that quite regularly, it will say you've finished a certain position but then say you've finished lower than that when the scoreboard comes up. It's really annoying if that knocks you out of the top 3 or something.

• 2 weeks later...
One time I had the music and the sound of the car die in the middle of a race; the power up sound effects becoming distorted and extremely loud. I had to turn the xbox off to fix it.

I've literally just had this happen to me. The sound effects were ridiculously loud. I had to turn the sound down. I've just turned the console off and on again and it's back to normal.