Gunrunning mission

robhill311

How on earth do you do this mission? As soon as the cat of thugs turn up they shoot me to pieces even on easy? What should I do? Get out and fight them or try and lose them? And all this is just at the first weapon shop? If i do manage to fight them off won't more thugs turn up at the next two weapon shops?

These missions are SO frustrating!

Drive down the road to the very first gun shop, as mentioned above spin your car so the front is up against the gun shop and honk your horn. After this hop out and go into cover behind your car. The enemies should drive up but stop short so you can pop up and take them out.

The only appear at the first gun shop so it's smooth sailing from here on out. I would also suggest going south instead of west as the game suggests - this mission has a fairly tight time limit and the end of the mission is right near the middle of the map, so you should aim to get the gun shops near there.

Drive down the road to the very first gun shop, as mentioned above spin your car so the front is up against the gun shop and honk your horn. After this hop out and go into cover behind your car. The enemies should drive up but stop short so you can pop up and take them out.

I wouldn't recommend that to be honest. I did that on my second attempt of the mission yesterday and they blew up the the truck. Not entirely sure how, since I'm pretty sure the gas tank was on my side, but some how they managed too.

Myself, I found running around the main street side of the gunshop to the hollowed in corner a few meters from the corner was the best bet. I had a clear view of everything, and the gunners drove around the corner giving me a clear view of them. Take out the driver, and then the rest is cake, as they say.

I wouldn't recommend that to be honest. I did that on my second attempt of the mission yesterday and they blew up the the truck. Not entirely sure how, since I'm pretty sure the gas tank was on my side, but some how they managed too.

I did it that way 3 times on this mission cause I screwed up on other parts, and each time it worked fine. I used the 'spin the car, jump out behind it' method on TONS of the JA missions and it never failed me, it's simple but effective.

I did it that way 3 times on this mission cause I screwed up on other parts, and each time it worked fine. I used the 'spin the car, jump out behind it' method on TONS of the JA missions and it never failed me, it's simple but effective.

I used the method extensively in other missions as well, with no real issues, but it this missions is failed for me numerous times. Odd.

I did go the first shop. Sound the horn. get out of the car and run around the corner for a few meters. The is a little open space on the right.. stand there shoot te gangsters and run further to the right.There is a phonebooth used it. and drive with no problems to the outher two shops in little italy.. sooooo easy

I just took off as soon as it was done, and in that little bit of road before the main road there was some cars coming the other way, I drove in between them and the gangsters got stuck there and didn't bother me for the rest of the mission.

This method helped me pass the mission, as well as selecting different gun shops that led to the garage where you could park the truck within the alloted time.

Edited by indiapaleale

I just parked normally, car facing front, etc. at the first gun shop. Honked, and then quickly ran out, turned right and hid behind the wall on the right. The enemies will drive to near the wall, everytime. I threw a grenade to take all of them out. Random police should appear but it's easy to evade them as long as you don't get into the truck with one near you (which gives a wanted on your truck).

i skipped the closest shop, went to the nearby bodyshop, upgraded the truck to L3 and then drove down to the area around the target garage, doing 3 sales along the way

i was exceedingly unlucky when i tried to shootout near the first store - there was always a patrol car and i inadvertently shot at it, making the situation even worse

• 1 month later...

this mission took me ages. i just did what everyone else said, get out after the first gun shop and shoot the fuckers in the car. noone else bothered me after that except the pigs who 'accidently' caught a couple of my tommy gun bullets. as much as i love this game it does piss me off when you get chased by people with guns because you cant shoot back in anyway, its just one of the few flaws of this game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Gunrunning glitch seems like! So far, I've "parked" six times and it's restarted me each time. Park and fail. Up to this point, the missions are complete in order of appearance.

I feel like I'm stuck on "room service" again with that stupid glitch.

I've done multiple variations; don't sell/sell to the first store, don't upgrade/upgrade the truck, don't kill/kill the gang, complete other missions...Time to restart Joe.

EDIT: Starting over worked. Seems to be the usual fix for mafia ii.

Edited by Fester

• 4 months later...

Ok here’s an easy way to do this. DO NOT stop at the first gun shop (the one closest to the start). The thugs don’t show up until you make your first stop. Instead go to the gun shop closest to Joe’s apt. (it’s just east of Freddy’s Bar) DO NOT take the street, instead turn south down the sidewalk to get to it. Sell the guns and the thugs will show up ahead of you on the street and get caught up trying to get down the sidewalk to you. Now, back up some and there is an allyway on your right, go down that and head to the next closest shop, the thugs will get usually get tangled up with the cops and not be able to come after you.