Pre-order Bonuses Coming

iBuzz7S

Starting today, fans who pre-order “Gears of War: Judgment” at participating retailers will receive an exclusive in-game multiplayer weapon at launch, the Classic Hammerburst, along with potential retailer-specific content.

The Classic Hammerburst was the standard-issue assault rifle of the Locust Army during their E-Day onslaught. Highly accurate with a six-round burst, the Classic Hammerburst helped give the Locust a decisive advantage.

Additional incentives will be available from participating retailers in the coming weeks, including exclusive multiplayer character skins Young Marcus, Young Dom, Anya and Alex Brand. Please visit Xbox.com and your favorite game retailer’s site for more information, and stay tuned in the coming months for more news on “Gears of War: Judgment.”

Eh, I would pre-order regardless of the bonuses, but hoping for something decent and not just crappy in-game items which can be unlocked after a certain amount of time.

Source: Major Nelson

• 4 weeks later...

I'm tired of this having to order at different stores to get different things bullshit. What I want to know is (1) will there be an Epic Edition or an LE console involved? and (2) Can we expect the preorder bonuses to be attainable in some other way later? Obviously, it's idiotic to expect people to preorder 4 copies of the game to get all 4 characters. Although, we've seen worse from Epic.

(1) will there be an Epic Edition or an LE console involved? and (2) Can we expect the preorder bonuses to be attainable in some other way later?

Doubt there'll be a "console edition", it's too late in the 360's life cycle. (Especially since the last OXM will have a first look at the new Microsoft console.) However, Limited Edition is almost a definite; so far all three Gears games have had something more than just a "regular" edition.

Can't say for sure on the pre order bonuses. :/ (Who honestly expected the "LE" crap they pulled off on the last two pieces of DLC for Gears 3?) Personally I hope that the exclusives stay completely exclusive this time around... make Alex Brand the biggest incentive! :D

Doubt there'll be a "console edition", it's too late in the 360's life cycle. (Especially since the last OXM will have a first look at the new Microsoft console.) However, Limited Edition is almost a definite; so far all three Gears games have had something more than just a "regular" edition.

Can't say for sure on the pre order bonuses. :/ (Who honestly expected the "LE" crap they pulled off on the last two pieces of DLC for Gears 3?) Personally I hope that the exclusives stay completely exclusive this time around... make Alex Brand the biggest incentive! :D

Well, there's a Halo 4 console and that's only like 4 months difference. Also, store specific pre-order exclusives are bullshit. You shouldn't have to pick and choose witch content you get. You should have the option of getting it all no matter where you choose to shop.

Well, there's a Halo 4 console and that's only like 4 months difference. Also, store specific pre-order exclusives are bullshit. You shouldn't have to pick and choose witch content you get. You should have the option of getting it all no matter where you choose to shop.

I agree. It is really annoying when I have to decide what pre-order incentive I want most. You shouldn't have to make that decision.

I agree. It is really annoying when I have to decide what pre-order incentive I want most. You shouldn't have to make that decision.

More than that. These companies piss and moan about used game sales hurting them then turn around and give places like Gamestop exclusive content.

You get the exclusive content for buying new.

And how do you think people are paying for their pre-orders at Gamestop? By trading in games that other people are going to buy instead of the new. The point is, if the publishers hate used games sales, they should be providing the exclusive content to other stores to keep people away from places like Gamestop. When was the last time Walmart or NewEgg had an exclusive?

• 2 weeks later...

If you can do like Wallmart did for GOW3, pay 10$ per pre-order and get the code, then resell them and never pick the game... than its fine, but places like Gamestop/ebgames give you the code afterward... thats the damn problem. And why they still give pre-order to amazon... a damn online website... i don't want to make an account just for a pre-order... arg. Well at least its just Dom... i mostly want Anya and Alex...

• 2 weeks later...
And how do you think people are paying for their pre-orders at Gamestop? By trading in games that other people are going to buy instead of the new. The point is, if the publishers hate used games sales, they should be providing the exclusive content to other stores to keep people away from places like Gamestop. When was the last time Walmart or NewEgg had an exclusive?

Walmart gets tons of exclusives (mainly for AAA titles, if that's what you're asking), most recently Halo 4 and Black Ops II. Newegg's pre-order bonus is considered the $47.99 deal they often have for pre-ordering at a specific time.

But I guess I do agree with your point about GameStop and publishers not wanting as many pre-owned sales.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy!

Pre-order from Microsoft Store:

Pre-order Gears of War: Judgment and receive a key code to download a special weapon, the Classic Hammerburst, and an exclusive playable character, Alex Brand.

The Classic Hammerburst was the standard-issue assault rifle of the Locust Army. Originally designed to deliver a six-shot burst, giving the Locust a decisive edge during Emergence Day, this highly feared and effective weapon is now exclusively yours when you pre-order Gears of War: Judgment.

Popular Gears of War comic book heroine Alex Brand—playable here for the first time ever—is a tough-as-nails COG Sergeant who fought many battles against the Locust as a member of Foxtrot. Despite Alex’s fierce demeanor, she's extremely loyal to her fellow COG and will do anything to protect them. This Microsoft Store exclusive Alex Brand Multiplayer Skin will let you play as Alex in competitive multiplayer matches in Gears of War: Judgment.

Pre-order from Shopto:

ShopTo Exclusive Alex Brand Character & Classic Hammerburst DLC

Classic Hammerburst Weapon

The Classic Hammerburst was the standard-issue assault rifle of the Locust Army. Originally, it was designed to deliver a six-shot burst, which helped give the Locust a decisive edge during Emergence Day. Now this highly feared and effective weapon is exclusively yours when you pre-order Gears of War: Judgment.

Alex Brand

Popular Gears of War comic book heroine Alex Brand--playable here for the first time ever--is a tough-as-nails COG Sergeant who fought many battles against the Locust as a member of Foxtrot. Despite Alex’s fierce demeanor, she is extremely loyal to her fellow COG and will do anything to protect them. This exclusive Alex Brand Multiplayer Skin will let you play as Alex in competitive multiplayer matches in Gears of War: Judgment.

For Canada, Australia and your source - TrueAchievements

:)

Ok... but i heard it was Alex at Best Buy and Anya at Wall mart, are they just like spinning the wheel or something... ? Cause its getting ridiculous now... I want Alex, but buying the game online? Cmon no...

You obviously heard wrong compadre. :D

They hadn't announced who'd carry Alex Brand in North America as their pre-order bonus until about three weeks ago- same would probably be going in Canada.

And what's wrong with buying a game online? :p If anything it's more efficient to open your mailbox than having to physically go to GameStop or whatever to pick your copy up! :p (Ever since I found out about online pre-orders, I've hardly gone to a store for the same reason.)

EDIT:

I came to post this in the first place-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Trunkswd/VGChartz/GoWJudgementvsGoW3-5.png

*snicker*

Edited by Hagane

You obviously heard wrong compadre. :D

And what's wrong with buying a game online? :p If anything it's more efficient to open your mailbox than having to physically go to GameStop or whatever to pick your copy up! :p (Ever since I found out about online pre-orders, I've hardly gone to a store for the same reason.)

For starters, you don't know what time you'll get the game even if you overnight it. I'm always last on the UPS route, so I don't get stuff until 6-7pm sometimes (3 if I'm lucky).

For starters, you don't know what time you'll get the game even if you overnight it. I'm always last on the UPS route, so I don't get stuff until 6-7pm sometimes (3 if I'm lucky).

I get home from work or my internship at around 4 pm on most days, usually my mail is in by then. (Usually= 85% of the time.) The Microsoft Store has recently become my favorite to pre-order from too, since their Standard Shipping is usually free with all their pre-orders... and it gets to me on release. ;) (Not to mention the free 1600 MSP offers they had for Resi 6, and BlOps II.)

Again- it's extremely convenient.

Edited by Hagane
sp

Firstly if you buy online, especially in Canada, what chances are that you gonna get the game on Day 1? Secondly... I can return the games i pre-ordered at stores... I mean... you have what... 30 days to return an unopenned game? You think Wall Mart will ask to get the pre-order card back? No way... But with an online store, maybe its doable but a lot of shit... so well...

Now im gonna have to wait for a copy of this microsoft store... only to get it 2-3 days after release, so if i wanna play on Day 1, ill have to open one of my other copies too... This sucks monkey balls really...

EDIT : Hey i was checking this link at trueachievements... seem like pre-ordering at ebgames get you both Alex and Young Marcus.. but for canada they don't even mention Anya... is she avalaible at wallmart or not?

Edited by Destro