Cant Touch This

pined5551

When is the achivement meant to pop up? At the ranking screen? I've beaten him so many times and I just am never getting it. I swear Ive had no damage taken on several occassions! I've beaten him in 3.18! How is that possible if you're loosing time to damage!

Also how do you know if you've taken damage, what sign is there specifically?

:'( Guess I'll just have to keep at it.

mine popped at the ranking screen.

I thought i had hit some debris but continued anyway to try and learn where the rings are and at the ranking screen "pop"

if you take damage, nothing really happens other than you stop boosing and jump a little.

the enforcer achievement hasn't unlocked for me so i hope there isn't any more cheev glitchs

I did just get this, at last. Would have to be a couple of trys after I made this thread, lol. I did it as I usually did before and this time it worked. Can't believe this took me longer than 'Mile High Club' haha. Just under 3 hours i've been trying at this. LOL!

Good luck everyone else, all I can say is keep at it.

This achievement is complete BS, I've been doing this for about 2 hours now and for some reason no matter how long I boost I can't seem to get anywhere close to him and the times I do it won't let me lock onto the core and send me flying back even after avoiding his slam attack. Sega messed up on this boss fight, this is the only thing I don't like about Generations

UPDATE:

Finally got it done today, still ran into a couple of glitches along the way but it over full 1000G, now waiting on dlc

Edited by Angrym0nkey
update

The fight is pretty dumb. But.

Thing is I think it's less about you speeding up to catch Robotnik, and more about just not getting hit. The more frequently you are hit, the more you're pushed back which delays your approach(allowing you to score a hit).

The next thing is once you get into melee range of the Time Eater, his wrists will glow with a green aura briefly which signals that it's about to use a melee attack, if you don't fly up and avoid it you'll be pushed back and have to go back to dodging the debris and missiles and arms and stuff.

So the thing is you can't really go faster to catch up, you just can prevent yourself from going slower and falling behind.

I finally figured out how to reliably hit him, and it all comes down to patience and placement.

First of all, it's best to stay with Modern Sonic at all times with one exception late in the fight. Constantly throw Classic Sonic to clear out debris in your line of travel. Dodge the Time Eater's arm attacks and homing missiles. When you start closing in, fly right in his face to avoid the hand-clap attack, then move down and you should be able to get his core.

In the second phase, he'll leave the time-space tunnel more often--just be patient here and search for rings. Don't be tempted going to Classic Sonic for this because it's too slow and, if debris starts building up in front of you, you never know what debris is right in front of you and about to smack you and which are actually outside of your line of travel. When he reenters the tunnel, just keep closing in on him as before, getting right in his face and go down to his core right when it feels safe.

The third phase is where things get tricky. He'll include two new maneuvers: slowing time down ala Chaos Control (to the tune of one second of game-time lasting 10-15 real-time seconds) and a massive laser. Chaos Control is really not a concern--in reality, it gives you a breather. The laser, however, is something you should piss yourself over. Once you get the notion that the laser's coming, switch to Classic Sonic. Within the next two seconds, the laser should have fired (not even close to you), at which point you should go right back to Modern Sonic. Beyond that, keep up the ring collecting and do everything else as normal.

The final phase is the easiest one, so I won't even give you any advice.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all, it's best to stay with Modern Sonic at all times with one exception late in the fight.

I found slipping to Classic Sonic more often helped keep my ring count healthier, I know I was more open to the Homing attack there but it was the risk I was willing to take.

I only did this while the Time Eater was also in the 2D plane so I wasn't wasting valuable time catching up to him in the 3D plane.

Another valuable time for ring collecting is after the 1st and 2nd time you've hit the core because the Time Eater will only slip into the 2D plane anyway after a short period of time.

This was just my way of doing it. This achievement is frustrating but it's one of those that you get better at each time I think.

• 1 year later...

This achievement really pissed me off to where I felt like punching a baby in the face. The final boss battle I swear had to be the worst Sonic gaming experience I've endured since the disastrous Gameboy Advance remake of the 1991 original game.

Never has a boss been nearly impossible to beat, even after getting every other achievement. The controls in this regard were absolutely horrendous as when I tried to do one thing, it did a whole other thing. The rings were nearly impossible to see, and I kept getting stuck on the 'sides' of the dimension tunnel. I kept running out of rings due to the combination of avoiding attacks, and going through ringless voids. And trying to hit the mofo was seaming out of sheer luck.

Even when I've avoided the boulders, debris and arm attacks, I found myself running out of rings and then finally encountering those 'mini-suns' all of which kept me from beating him many times.

Out of dozens of attempts at beating this boss, I managed to beat it four times...OUT OF DOZENS OF TRIES! None of them did "Can't Touch This" ever pop. None!

I've never dealt with a video game boss that was wrapped in a combination of degraded SOS-cleaning pad debris and maggot-strewn dog shit.:uzi::boom:rant::mad:

It's truly heartbreaking writing this because apart from this horrific boss, "Sonic Generations" has to be perhaps my favorite game from this franchise in 15 years, easily surpassing "Sonic 3D Blast" and ranking right up there with the original Sonic games from the original through "Spinball" and even "Sonic and Knuckles". :cool:

It just seemed to have been the much-needed shot in the arm for the franchise and "Sonic Generations" absolutely restored my faith in the franchise. :)

Yet I'm so angry that this otherwise fantastic game had to have it's memory stained by the final boss battle. Everything about the final boss was complete BS. :uzi::chair:rant: :AR15

It's truly a shame as it ruined an otherwise stunning and magnificent game that I otherwise highly recommend to longtime Sonic fans. Shame on you Sega for ruining this otherwise fantastic game.

As of this writing, I have gotten all of the other achievements and thus "Sonic Generations" joins "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare", "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2", "Medal of Honor (2010)" and even "Medal of Honor: Warfighter" in the '49er Club'. That is the list of games where that one last achievement is absolutely impossible to unlock no matter what you do. I have 48/49 with Sonic Generations, 36/37 with COD4, and 49/50 with MW2, and both MOHs. :mad::AR15

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I've finally, FINALLY gotten this achievement! WOW on a carousel! This was was a NIGHTMARE to get but after getting so flustered and angry at times over it, I finally got the patience to come back and give it another go.

Needless to say, I've finally gotten this achievement and now I can FINALLY let this awesome game rest in peace with all of it's achievements unlocked. It is now my second game that I've successfully platinum-ed. :D

Granted, I do stand by certain aspects of my previous post with the final boss being near-absolute bullshit that dogs an otherwise great game. The controls are a pain, you have to be lucky to get the rings to avoid dying from rings running out, and the third part where he fires a barrage of rockets at you is what got me so many times, the fourth well.....you decide. However, with "Can't Touch This", I can now boast of 1000-ing this game and now the points I said I docked from this game's rating are restored and I overall give SG a 94 out of 100. :)

It's a huge pain to get. It took me numerous tries but apart from this crapfest of a boss fight, "Sonic Generations" is my favorite Sonic game since the Sega Genesis days. :) Good luck guys.

• 1 year later...

This achievement is an utter bitch of one to get. Just to be clear, you can get hit by the debris and the side of the tunnel, just not his attacks. They're fairly slow to dodge. Just be careful of the laser because you need to switch characters to avoid it, also when you're in close avoid is hand clap thing by just floating up a bit and you can usually just go in for the kill then. Achievement Hunter do a great guide for it.