A Guide to the Best Weapons and Armor (Includes "God" Armor)

Method

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick FYI on Arcadia, and I'm guessing all other vendors, though I only personally saw this with Arcadia - many ingredients don't appear until your character level hits 20/25/30/35/40. I got my 100% alchemy done first and never saw half of the items needed for the super potions while doing nothing but restocking her nonstop. I finished alchemy around lvl 21, did my smithing and enchanting to 100% which put me at level 37. I went to check her again and she had all of the high level items as well as a healthy supply of lower level ones for making potions for cash. I found the stamina regen + carry weight + invis + resist magic to be excellent, costs around 90 gold for material and sells at 8945 gold.

Best of luck folks!

@ Method, I can't seem to get my Fortify Enchanting potions anywhere close to +73442, Fortify Enchanting goes to about +5000 when my Fortify Restoration potions are at around +2,000,000, then Fortify Enchanting jumps to over +1,000,000 which is game breaking.

How did you get yours to +73442? Do you have to wait for the effects of the Fortify Restoration potion to wear off before drinking another one? How many Fortify Restoration potions do you have to drink to get to +73442 or anywhere near?

Any Help will be greatly appreciated been stuck on this for a while! :(

I'm using the 29% crafting gear if it makes any difference.

@ Method, I can't seem to get my Fortify Enchanting potions anywhere close to +73442, Fortify Enchanting goes to about +5000 when my Fortify Restoration potions are at around +2,000,000, then Fortify Enchanting jumps to over +1,000,000 which is game breaking.

How did you get yours to +73442? Do you have to wait for the effects of the Fortify Restoration potion to wear off before drinking another one? How many Fortify Restoration potions do you have to drink to get to +73442 or anywhere near?

Any Help will be greatly appreciated been stuck on this for a while! :(

I'm using the 29% crafting gear if it makes any difference.

You don't need to get exactly the same figures as Method, just make the strongest ones you can without going too far and going into the negative scores. What worked for me was only using 3 pieces of crafting armor during the process. You can actually go much higher than the figures Method listed without breaking the game.

You don't need to get exactly the same figures as Method, just make the strongest ones you can without going too far and going into the negative scores. What worked for me was only using 3 pieces of crafting armor during the process. You can actually go much higher than the figures Method listed without breaking the game.

Just figured this out, but thanks dude :) Although i just loaded up my save and the enchantments on my armour have dropped from +500000 to +726, is there a way to keep them at +500000?

Just figured this out, but thanks dude :) Although i just loaded up my save and the enchantments on my armour have dropped from +500000 to +726, is there a way to keep them at +500000?

Um, did you make some super enchanting potions while your crafting armor stats were really high? You then enchant a new pair of gloves with +Alchemy/Smithing using the super enchantment potions you just made. Then you can make your new "God" armor using just these gloves. It's all explained in detail in step 5.

Thanks for this - yes I agree, a bit tedious but pretty amazing too - from starting with 150 Gold and chopping firewood to get that 1st 3000 Gold, I followed the guide and am now 100 Alchemy, 100 Enchanting, 100 Smithing, 80 Speech, own Breezehome and have about 150,000 Gold. This took about 3 days on and off (plus dealing with the occasional dragon) but I will now craft my set of invincible Daedric armour (yes, went up the correct side of Smithing...) and am in a great position to go questing! :p

Edited by Pete9999

Can anyone help me? I've been trying to do this for a while, I have 4 things with ~16% potion fortify. But the highest they'll go is to about 21% each, not quite the impossible percentages people are getting! Do I need perks in alchemy for this to work? If so which ones? :) thanks!

This is an amazing guide, but I'm slightly clueless about my results, specifically the ending:

Helm - +29% Alchemy

Gloves - +29% Alchemy/+29% Smithing

Armor - +29% Smithing

Ring - +29% Smithing/+29% Alchemy

Amulet - +29% Smithing/+29% Alchemy

^ So I made sure I had achieved these numbers, and my final smithing potion added +147% for 30 seconds.

So when I went and upgraded my Daedric armor, my stats read:

Armor - 291

Boots - 133

Gauntlets - 133

Helmet - 143

Bow - 199

Battleaxe - 157

Keep in mind that I'm a level 70 with 100 in enchanting, alchemy, smithing, and two-handed; I'm also a 91 in Archery. I have two perks for two-handed, all the recommended perks for enchanting/alchemy, and almost all the perks for archery. Shouldn't I be seeing higher numbers? I was terribly sadfaced.

EDIT: Forgot to mention 100 in Heavy armor with two perks invested. So yeah, wtfffffff?

EDIT: THE SEQUEL - You know what, it doesn't really matter with these numbers because I'm able to push them even further with enchanting. It's so beautiful, much like the OP!

Edited by PWN3R

First off - Excellent guide, Method!

I had problems with the Restoration Potion loop overpowering the +Enchantment Potion, going from WAY below (+2000%ish) Method's +73442% to an astounding +1,241,372%. When I went to enchant, I was either not maxing out bonuses or they would become negative. I found this workaround.

1. Create a HARD SAVE before doing +Restoration loop
  2. When you get close to his +73442% +Enchant figure, try only re-equipping SOME of your +Alchemy GEAR to make +Enchant potions.
  3. Go enchant using +Enchant Potion.
  4. If underpowered or negative, load HARD SAVE and try adjusting how many +Alchemy gear you equip when you create your +Enchant potions.

How I found this out - I made the Uber Crafting Gauntlets (which +Alchemy/+Smithing jumped from WAY under Method's +3,180,841% to +906,609,024%), and they worked beautifully to improve Daedric Armor/Weapons to Legendary (Heavy Armor level 29, no perks)

• Daedric Armor - 183,986,416
  • Daedric Boots - 91,993,200
  • Daedric Gauntlets - 91,993,200
  • Daedric Helmet - 91,993,208
  • Daedric Shield - 91,993,216
  • Total Armor - 551,959,232 - one happy customer :)

HOWEVER using the +Alchemy/+Smithing Gauntlets to make +Enchant potions made most "God Armor" enchantments (step 5) go negative. So, I had to re-make a +Alchemy set since I sold the first set to save weight after I made the Gauntlets:rant:

I'm almost scared to re-make Gauntlets to replace Gear Set now, but at least I have almost all Armor Enchanted nicely now.

Question - I can't find gear with Breathe Underwater and Regenerate Stamina to dis-enchant and finish my set - anyone know where can I find gear with those perks? I've re-stocked Drunken Huntsman, Warmaiden & Belethor's probably over 200x with no luck

:confused:

Edited by S1D3WYZ

Question - I can't find gear with Breathe Underwater and Regenerate Stamina to dis-enchant and finish my set - anyone know where can I find gear with those perks? I've re-stocked Drunken Huntsman, Warmaiden & Belethor's probably over 200x with no luck

:confused:

In my experience you'd have a better chance checking smithies and general stores for Waterbreathing equipment. You could try the same for stamina regen.

In my experience you'd have a better chance checking smithies and general stores for Waterbreathing equipment. You could try the same for stamina regen.

ummm.... thanks.... for the ambiguousity.... would have been easier to say "I have absolutely no clue" wink wink

seriously though, a confirmed specific town or store that you found them would be immensely more helpful

Edited by S1D3WYZ

All stores have random wares (within their specialty of course). I'm pretty sure Warmaiden's will stock every enchantment if you just keep waiting the 48 hours you will eventually get the ones you're after. Don't forget that the guy inside and the chick outside have different stock so make sure you check both.

Or if you're sick of waiting the 48 hrs. I think it's a little over 24 hrs to fast travel between Riften and Markarth. So you could go to the smithy of Riften and then fast travel to Markarth and see it's smithy then back to Riften and 48 hrs will have gone by. Keep doing that till you get sick of it.