Achievement Guide and Road Map

The BEAst in I

The only thing I know for certain about summoning him, and this is probably obvious to everyone but it took me a few minutes to realize it, is that you have to how down RB. If you only press the button, you only say one word, and he won't show up unless you say the entire thing.

I used Kinect commands. Both from the Summon Shout in Dragon tongue to the Summon command and he didn't show up. I tried the default button as well and could not summon him.

Yes, I was aiming at the ground and yes, I had done it in multiple locations one of them a vast clearing. The above method was the only way I could summon him successfully.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/908/UPx5eEA=.jpg Legendary 40 :gsicon:

Defeat a Legendary Dragon

It is currently speculated that some where around level 75 is the absolute minimum that a legendary dragon will show up. Although nothing is 100% confirmed what the level requirement is. If anyone can confirmation either way what the requirement is please let me know and I will add it.

HAHA! I Did it!

Some research, both on the web and in game has finally given me the Legendary Achievement.

Apparently, Legendary Dragons can appear as early as level 70 (VERY RARELY) but only become a regular occurrence once you reach level 78. Almost immediately after reaching the level, I went to Shearpoint and one was waiting for me. YAY ME!

The achievement that you call "Legendary" is actually called "Legend".
Thanks for catching that. Such a silly mistake on my part :/

Is this DLC worth buying ?
I thought it was really good, I got almost 20 hours extra gameplay from going for the achievements and playing the DLC story Edited by KillerBEA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I killed him twice too. As far as I'm aware of he doesn't respawn; I had to restart the entire DLC again to get the Soul Tear shout.

Are you kidding me? I have the same problem, now I'm screwed? Wasn't that stupid dragon supposed to respawn every time you kill him? I thought Valericia said he could impossibly be killed? Goddamn it I hate it when this happens, he's a fucking dragon that tried tyo kill me a minute before wanting to talk to me, of course upon sight my first reaction is killing the damn beast? WTF? I want to have the Soul Tear shout on my main character, Ill need to do the werewolf perks with my other character anyway but this is BS I dont wanna do the entire stupid Soul Cairn quest again I hated that ridiculous crap... Stupid "undead" dragon. When's the last time a Dragon wanted to talk to you voluntarily after trying to kill you, huh? Thanks Bethesda

Are you kidding me? I have the same problem, now I'm screwed? Wasn't that stupid dragon supposed to respawn every time you kill him? I thought Valericia said he could impossibly be killed? Goddamn it I hate it when this happens, he's a fucking dragon that tried tyo kill me a minute before wanting to talk to me, of course upon sight my first reaction is killing the damn beast? WTF? I want to have the Soul Tear shout on my main character, Ill need to do the werewolf perks with my other character anyway but this is BS I dont wanna do the entire stupid Soul Cairn quest again I hated that ridiculous crap... Stupid "undead" dragon. When's the last time a Dragon wanted to talk to you voluntarily after trying to kill you, huh? Thanks Bethesda

you have more than one save in a bethesda game right? Been A good idea since Elder Scrolls 3. I have over 300 including from the first time I saved the game.

Edited by ShaggyB

As far as the undead dragon goes, you pretty much get the first part of the shout during the story line. I wasn't aware of you being able to skip it.

Secondly, just an fyi, he teaches you all 3 words but only 1 word is unlocked. You have to go into your shout menu and spend dragon souls to unlock the rest of it. He can only be summoned if you have all 3 words. I summoned him inside of the soul cairn and he was like "oh man, being out out in the fresh air is amazing, etc" so you can just unlock the shout and call him up.

Figured I could help out some, here is stuff I learned while doing Dawnguard.

• A New You - You can not get this Achievement if you are Vampire*

• Vampire Mastered - This is actually probably best taken first†

• Werewolf Mastered - Taken after Vampire perk

• Soul tear - Even Easier :p

* I have also had it give me a problem when I was a werewolf, this has happened to a few friends as well. Quickest fix... Reload a point where you are neither.

† I started out with having no power of any kind Werewolf or Vampire I decided to start with Vampire on my first save and tried to do Werewolf first on my second. I found that beginning with vampire allowed me to power through the werewolf achievement in just 40 minutes and a single transformation.

I found that by quick saving and the quick loading after each time summoning Durnehviir I could summon him fast rather than waiting the full time. I am not certain if this is a glitch because everyone else I knew already got the achievement and I haven't put the time into actually doing the Dawnguard DLC on my second save... hell I still haven't finished the Alduin stuff on that save.

For those having trouble getting Durnehviir to spawn, I just summoned him in the Soul Cairn, and he taught me the first word of Soul Tear. He then set about rampaging through any Bonemen he could see, lol. :boxer:

It definitely works, I waited for the shout to cooldown, summoned him again, and learnt the 2nd word, did the same again for the 3rd word, and "pop!" 20:gsicon: richer. ;)

As others have said, make sure you've spent 3 Dragon Souls on unlocking his shout, or he won't appear, regardless of where you are! I summoned him in 3 different locations (including right near the stairs out of the Soul Cairn, first time, every time - Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

Started up the Dawnguard DLC again, after deciding to take advantage of a little free time over the next week. Trying to get the Vampire Perks for the achievement, but can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong? Am I meant to press RT to 'attack' and then once they're dead I get a perk or....? And where did everyone find best to do it?

Also, I've acquired the bow and gone to speak to Imran, but I assume because I'm a Vamp I can't continue? Compliments me on my bow, calls me a monster etc when I press A on him and I can't continue -.-

• 1 month later...
Started up the Dawnguard DLC again, after deciding to take advantage of a little free time over the next week. Trying to get the Vampire Perks for the achievement, but can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong? Am I meant to press RT to 'attack' and then once they're dead I get a perk or....? And where did everyone find best to do it?

You have to kill the enemy, with the last hit being the :rtbut: magic button or with the melee grab attack where you grab them and drink their blood. The more perks you unlock, the more kills it takes to unlock the next one. Hope this makes sense.

Quick question, what is the quickest way to level up to whatever level you need for "Legendary Dragon" cheevo. I'm level 55 at the moment.