Official Bitching thread!

CovertDog

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to make a new thread, but does anybody know if the devs of this game have a twitter page? I know the game itself has a twitter page, but the updates arent that great. Is there a Vahn/JD/402, like there is for COD games. I figured it would help to cut down the bitching if we got updates from the devs or community managers. Thanks

Worst Fault of the Game !!

I was bored with the single player, it took me less than 4 hours , and it didnt make want more.

But the MP is quitte good , i dont mind the outdated graphic engine or the framerate or the animation of the soldieres , but as i noticed in the single player, bullet penetration is abssent , you cant kill 2 enemies with one bullet, neither you can shoot enemies behind thin sheet of metal or wood....

I hate that really so much.

Hope they solve it with a patch but i doubt it.

I didn't want to make a new thread, but does anybody know if the devs of this game have a twitter page? I know the game itself has a twitter page, but the updates arent that great. Is there a Vahn/JD/402, like there is for COD games. I figured it would help to cut down the bitching if we got updates from the devs or community managers. Thanks

http://twitter.com/#!/DannyBilson

Edit: A couple more:

http://twitter.com/#!/KAOS_CHEFS

http://twitter.com/#!/HomefrontGame

Edited by i NatrlKilla i

Good shit... noob question though, I have no freaking clue how twitter works, in so far as, is everything there that is posted will always be by him, or how does one distinguish? Sorry...I've just never understood twitter and find it confusing, unless you can make out via context clues that they are posting updates.

I'm not the greatest at FPS, so Guerilla is a little challenging for me. Black Ops seemed easier to me (other than the corridor of doom). Maybe easier isn't the right word, but I feel like Homefront is the industry's new leader in "who the hell just killed me" on campaign.

Grenades seem to just show up right next to you. I seldom see them land. Oh and my biggest gripe so far: The "Follow" icon looks exactly the same as the grenade icon. I was stuck in the warehouse on level 3 forever because I was supposed to follow Boone and wouldn't see the grenade icon until it was too late.

Good shit... noob question though, I have no freaking clue how twitter works, in so far as, is everything there that is posted will always be by him, or how does one distinguish? Sorry...I've just never understood twitter and find it confusing, unless you can make out via context clues that they are posting updates.

Sort of. Most things there will be what he has said, but if it has a http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/twitter-retweet-icon-20091113-144324.jpg it means that someone else tweeted it, and he retweeted it.

Example, the Homefront twitter account tweeted, and he retweeted, so on his page it looks like this:

HomefrontGame Homefronthttp://www.theinternetpatrol.com/twitter-retweet-icon-20091113-144324.jpgby DannyBilson

GamePro Review: 4 of 5 Stars - "Homefront may prove a potent franchise in no time at all." http://bit.ly/ifnLw1

If he replies to someone, or is just tweeting at someone in particular, then it will look like this:

DannyBilson Danny Bilson

@Theechosen1 @thq please try again today. We are adding servers as fast as we can. Demand has been overwhelming.

To see what he was replying to, hover over any part of the tweet, and in the top right corner of it will be an arrow pointing to the right. Cliick that, and it should show what he was replying to. In the above case, he was replying to:

Theechosen1 Kevin A.

@thq @dannybilson more servers or not lag in homefront mp is a joke. Giving up on y'all and trading game to gamestop to recoup some of my $$

I hope that helps. I probably should have got screen prints, but I thought it quicker to lay it out like that, and I hope it still helps you understand it :)

Also, to stay on topic, I only have one thing to bitch about, and that's the fact that we in the UK don't get the game until Friday.

EDIT: I updated my reply to MC B0B with a couple more people to follow.

Edited by i NatrlKilla i

Sort of. Most things there will be what he has said, but if it has a http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/twitter-retweet-icon-20091113-144324.jpg it means that someone else tweeted it, and he retweeted it.

Example, the Homefront twitter account tweeted, and he retweeted, so on his page it looks like this:

HomefrontGame Homefronthttp://www.theinternetpatrol.com/twitter-retweet-icon-20091113-144324.jpgby DannyBilson

GamePro Review: 4 of 5 Stars - "Homefront may prove a potent franchise in no time at all." http://bit.ly/ifnLw1

If he replies to someone, or is just tweeting at someone in particular, then it will look like this:

DannyBilson Danny Bilson

@Theechosen1 @thq please try again today. We are adding servers as fast as we can. Demand has been overwhelming.

To see what he was replying to, hover over any part of the tweet, and in the top right corner of it will be an arrow pointing to the right. Cliick that, and it should show what he was replying to. In the above case, he was replying to:

Theechosen1 Kevin A.

@thq @dannybilson more servers or not lag in homefront mp is a joke. Giving up on y'all and trading game to gamestop to recoup some of my $$

I hope that helps. I probably should have got screen prints, but I thought it quicker to lay it out like that, and I hope it still helps you understand it :)

Also, to stay on topic, I only have one thing to bitch about, and that's the fact that we in the UK don't get the game until Friday.

i like how they put gamepro which cant rate shit, ign,gamepot,g4tv gave it 7.0,7.5,3/5

- campaign is a grenade spam like world at war (not 3-4 at a time, but an endless amount).

- guns are really underpowered

- headshots with a shotgun don't always work

- invisible walls everywhere

- game says, 'Follow' your A.I. counterparts but it really means, you lead and draw their fire.

- people called medal of honor a shooting gallery... well this is too.

just been playing for an hour so that's all I've found. haven't tried online yet.

my bitch is all the bitching going on in here....the game just came out...give it a month.

I totally agree. I'll bitch about people bitching about nothing. Give it some time the bugs will be worked out. Blops still hasn't been fixed and its been out a long time. And there is least a monthly update so yeah. Quit ya Bitchin!

the more i play the more i hate it

Then why do you keep playing?

Edited by CovertDog

my bitch is all the bitching going on in here....the game just came out...give it a month.

Give it a month? Fuck that... games should be good to go when they launch, not "hey..heres shitty buggy game where half the features don't work but you can pass the time playing our 3 hour campaign until we fix it"

Game actually gets worse the more you play it..start noticing even more problems.

-To few weapons in MP

-3 hour campaign

-Poor graphics

-Server issues/forced to play player hosted rooms

-Slow,sluggish controls

-2 gametypes..

just to name a few things..

Edited by Gackt

I would compare this game to Rogue Warrior, in that respect, this game kicks ass! My complaint, besides always having glue on my shoes... why do I always get shot behind cover? I first through maybe my head is sticking out. So I ducked. That did no good, so I went prone. This seems to work sometimes. I am always finding myself getting shot when someone is on the other side of a building or a wall. This drives me nuts.

I would compare this game to Rogue Warrior, in that respect, this game kicks ass! My complaint, besides always having glue on my shoes... why do I always get shot behind cover? I first through maybe my head is sticking out. So I ducked. That did no good, so I went prone. This seems to work sometimes. I am always finding myself getting shot when someone is on the other side of a building or a wall. This drives me nuts.

having glue on my shoes this is probably the best way to describe the movement, its ridiculously slow