1000G: Has it gotten...easier?

Vault Lad

So, like a lot of people, I've more or less kept this game at arms length. My gamerscore OCD just won't allow me near it :p

One of my main reasons for this was seeing a figure around 900+ hours on the roadmap, for whatever reason, this now appears to be around 250+

Has something changed? Was there a glitch found? A more effective means of grinding? Something? Anything that makes this game easier than it was 3 years ago?

EDIT: Damnit, sorry guys I don't know where I got the 900 figure from...I must be thinking of FFXI or something, anyway my original question still stands as 250 hours actually seems quite reasonable as I spent 100+ each on Lost Odyssey and FFXIII

Edited by Vault Lad

Lost Odyssey and FFXIII are really easy to 1000 compared to this game. The game isn't hard at all, actually it's pretty easy if you know what you are doing, the only problem is battle trophy. 255 rare drop for all but 1 character is seriously abusive. That's just the best exemple, the abusive list could be long about battle trophies.

(ok I havent 100% ffxiii, got tired of killing turtles for money lol)

It was 250+ hrs 3 years Ago when i started this Game.

to be Realistic it's more like 350+ hrs .. it took me 500 Hrs, because back then when i started this Game i wasn't a Completionist and didn't care much about Missing an Achievement... a few Months later and after 100 hrs Playtime I had to Start over from Scratch when i started to care about Completion ;-).

This Site now has an excellent Efficiency Guide so you should be able to Finish this Game in less than 400hrs :).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hundreds of hours to complete a game is a big enough challenge if the game is long and hard but I guess in this case most of it is spent grinding stats?

If so I am really impressed by the gamers that stuck with it. I love RPGs and have wasted hundreds of hours in different games but this one feels a bit to hardcore even for me. :)

Still I have it on the shelf and sometimes I do feel tempted to try it out. :p

• 3 months later...

^^^

It depends on what you are missing and what achievements you are going for.

I would get as many battle trophies as you can on galaxy if you have already invested a lot of time. If you just blazed through and didn't spend much time grinding for the WD may be better to do everything on Earth mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at about 275 hours and I'm calling it quits at 960G. Only ones I'm missing are 70, 80, 90, and 100% battle trophies, but after 3 playthroughs, I just don't have any more in me :(

Loved every second of the game, but the grinding for 60% just did me in. I still feel quite accomplished with 960 though! ^_^

Anyway, if you're going for the full 1k, I'd say expect to put in at least 350 hours. I can't imagine myself getting the last 40% of the trophies in any less than that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...