How much data a month?

eskEMO

I'm just wondering how much data a typical gamer uses on a Windows phone? I'm considering getting one as my enV3 is about to die & I'm looking at upgrading to a Windows phone with a data plan.

Aside from playing W7 Games, the only real thing I'd use the phone for is Facebook & maybe TrueAchievements/CoD: Elite/other 360-related sites. Just curious what you guys have as data plans & how much data everyone uses a month.

I have unlimited data, and therefore I use TONS. I'm gunna make use of that :p

I use my zune pass to stream music at the gym (an hour or two a day, excluding weekends)

If I drop that out, I probably use less than 1GB or 2GB a month. Including all that streaming, I use 4 or 6.

To be honest though, I never really check (just cause it's unlimited...)

My bandwidth tool reports quite healthy download speeds in some places, but when 'updating' Xbox Live it does seem to take quite a while. I recommend Wifi whenever possible. 750Mb is ample unless you really do have to surf and browse for a few hours a day, even then, web-browsing should be fine - YouTube etc. might do you over.

I am with Orange and they have a tile that updates around 3am telling me my data and minutes usage... that does help so you can always use that as a gauge if your provider has such tool?

I have unlimited data so it is not much of an issue for me. That being said, I did look one month when I had a free subscription to netflix and used over 6 GB of data. I did a LOT of streaming episodes of tv shows, but that may give you a little help should you decide to use a netflix account on your phone.

i have 500Mb plan and i've never gone over myself...

my general use is

checking this site, TA, PS3T, a little facebook, CAG & WPcentral

oh, & BBC sport website on matchdays

along with a few game downloads, most of them have to be done over wi-fi anyway

and an occasional "who's that?" stint on IMDB when you can't remember said persons name, also goes for the "what've i seen them in?" search

Edited by GR4V1G0R3