Seeking Personal Opinions

LickableLemons7

I'm either buying Black Ops or Fallout New Vegas for myself this Christmas. I enjoyed Fallout 3 but I didn't play it often. I'm starting Fallout 3 back up again, though. I think it would take me a while to explore Fallout 3, as I've been having compulsive desires to explore the Capital Wasteland. But I think that if I get New Vegas, I'll play that more and I won't get a good chance to get back into Fallout 3. As for Black Ops, I liked all the other CoD games except CoD 3. I don't get a gold subscription often, only for the Holiday season and summer. Would getting Black Ops be worth it?And DO NOT say that I should get both New Vegas and Black Ops used. I bought Halo 3 used from Gamestop when I first got my 360 and it was terribly scratched up and didn't work. I also got WaW used from eBay and it didn't work either. So, which would be better for me, Black Ops or New Vegas?

I'm either buying Black Ops or Fallout New Vegas for myself this Christmas. I enjoyed Fallout 3 but I didn't play it often. I'm starting Fallout 3 back up again, though. I think it would take me a while to explore Fallout 3, as I've been having compulsive desires to explore the Capital Wasteland. But I think that if I get New Vegas, I'll play that more and I won't get a good chance to get back into Fallout 3. As for Black Ops, I liked all the other CoD games except CoD 3. I don't get a gold subscription often, only for the Holiday season and summer. Would getting Black Ops be worth it?And DO NOT say that I should get both New Vegas and Black Ops used. I bought Halo 3 used from Gamestop when I first got my 360 and it was terribly scratched up and didn't work. I also got WaW used from eBay and it didn't work either. So, which would be better for me, Black Ops or New Vegas?
i'd get new vegas if i was you, ive not played black ops yet but if WaW is anything to go by it'll probably suck major ass, which is my opinion before i get flamed for calling call of duty.

i'd get new vegas if i was you, ive not played black ops yet but if WaW is anything to go by it'll probably suck major ass, which is my opinion before i get flamed for calling call of duty.

Ha, I've actually heard a lot of very good reviews(not reviews from die-hard fans of CoD)praising the game and whatnot. A little surprising, to say the least.:)

Ha, I've actually heard a lot of very good reviews(not reviews from die-hard fans of CoD)praising the game and whatnot. A little surprising, to say the least.:)
its just my personal opinion i just couldnt get into the ww2 scene for some reason, but i will say the nazi zombies was moderately entertaining but even that got old quick.

its just my personal opinion i just couldnt get into the ww2 scene for some reason, but i will say the nazi zombies was moderately entertaining but even that got old quick.

Ya, I got bored of WaW nazi zombies after a while too. But I heard there are a couple of different modes of zombies you can play in Black Ops.

If you're planning this far in advance which game you're gonna get for xmas, value for money is obviously a concern.

On that scale alone, Fallout beats Black Ops hands down - from a single player perspective at least.

If you don't have a live subscription all that often either, than the multiplayer component of COD becomes totally useless.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a multiplayer for the holiday period, then obviously you'll want to get in on Black Ops as soon as possible. Fallout will still be there when the online community has died down a little.

My opinion is unless you are a big fallout fan, get Black Ops. Multiplayer games usually see a downturn in online players as time goes by where as Games like fallout are solo and you can do everything alone, secondly, Games like fallout in general tend to have a few bugs and glitches when they are first released that get fixed in time. So if you are bothered by bugs in a game, are still playing Fallout 3 and enjoy multiplayer games, go with Black Ops, when you start to get bored and multiplayer has cooled off you will still have plently to do in New Vegas by then possibly even the first DLC.

My opinion is unless you are a big fallout fan, get Black Ops. Multiplayer games usually see a downturn in online players as time goes by where as Games like fallout are solo and you can do everything alone, secondly, Games like fallout in general tend to have a few bugs and glitches when they are first released that get fixed in time. So if you are bothered by bugs in a game, are still playing Fallout 3 and enjoy multiplayer games, go with Black Ops, when you start to get bored and multiplayer has cooled off you will still have plently to do in New Vegas by then possibly even the first DLC.

Alright, looks like I'll get Black Ops then.

I'll be sure to get New Vegas soon after that.

I loved Fallout 3, but I'm just not forming the same bond with New Vegas. In fact, it's been sitting unfinished for a few weeks, and I've really had no desire to put it in. If your already doing Fallout 3, then stick with that and get Black Ops. I couldn't imagine playing one Fallout after another, or in conjunction with the other....talk about overkill.