Tooled Up glitched??? Look here

Chaos MAN

This should make a lot of people happy, I got the answer

Guys, I know how to get this achievement on level 39

save your tokens and than unlock a weapon, don't equip it, just unlock, than push B several times until you go back to the main menu, now go back and you will see you have that token back, but the weapon is still lock, but the game will register you unlocking it, now do the same to all the locked weapons, if you don't get it right away, keep unlocking them all over again and you will eventually get it, me and my buddy got it at 39, I got it on the first try he got it on his second

Hit level 39 today, used this method and Tooled Up unlocked! Thanks for the suggestion.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

save your tokens and than unlock a weapon, don't equip it, just unlock, than push B several times until you go back to the main menu, now go back and you will see you have that token back, but the weapon is still lock, but the game will register you unlocking it, now do the same to all the locked weapons, if you don't get it right away, keep unlocking them all over again and you will eventually get it, me and my buddy got it at 39, I got it on the first try he got it on his second

Doesn't work for me. Maybe because it has been patched, or maybe because I play the DL version and not the disc version. Hopefully it'll unlock at level 45. Thanks anyway.

does this still work after the Jan 1st patch? wouldn't be questioning this but for some of the more recent comments above. anyone able to confirm?

also, assuming it does still work, could i just clarify a few things for the benefit of myself and other MP noobs...

start multiplayer, do whatever in terms of game types, maps, assessments, classes and just rank up. do NOT buy or unlock anything - so no creating custom classes (even one). then when level 39 is reached follow the instructions above.

is that correct? sorry to go over it again, but it seems like we get one chance to do this right or else risk the pain many others have described above. thanks.

I got to rank 39 without using any weapon unlock tokens, used the method as above and it unlocked right away. I did have custom classes made up. I also have the dlc with the additional weapons, not sure whether or not that's a factor? But the method worked for sure, for me.

Tooled Up did glitch on me but I did have 20/22 unlocks by level 45 but no achievo.... So I leveled up to Max level 50 and rebooted my suit and the achievo unlocked at level 5:bow:

I did spend atleast 20 hours of hardocore double XP boosting last weekend. I went from level 32 to level 46 :grab

overall took me 2 days and 17 hrs to level to max level 50 and NG level 5 THANK GOD I'm done with the multiplayer though its fun its too glitchy

• 2 weeks later...

It's not working for me. I am at level 43 and I have 1 weapon unlock, I've tried this method at level 39, now at 43 and nothing..

I hope it unlock as I reach level 45 and get my last unlock..

It worked for my friend though.

It's not working for me. I am at level 43 and I have 1 weapon unlock, I've tried this method at level 39, now at 43 and nothing..

I hope it unlock as I reach level 45 and get my last unlock..

It worked for my friend though.

Same here, I tried at 39, 40, 43 & 45 and no luck with the extra token + quick backout method. I'm gonna have to hope it magically unlocks early in my reboot.

Fuck, this shit is STILL glitched?!

What about "Dedication", I couldn't unlock that, either...

-___-

I think Dedication may now fall under the "good glitch" category; mine unlocked on March 17, 2012; I earned my first Crysis 2 achievement (and I think played my first MP match) on October 24, 2011, so the total time was a week shy of 5 months.

I believe the rollover from one year to the next helps people it glitched on before.

Mine just unlocked, hooray!

It glitched on me the first time through, but after rebooting a playing a couple games, it popped at the end of a Team Instant Action game, during which I leveled up from 3 to 4 (not even 5, as some people have experienced). Thankful this is over, crossing my fingers for those of you yet to get it.

A fun game, but hopefully they've got this shit ironed out for Crysis 3.

Just got this. It still works. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Mine just unlocked, hooray!

It glitched on me the first time through, but after rebooting a playing a couple games, it popped at the end of a Team Instant Action game, during which I leveled up from 3 to 4 (not even 5, as some people have experienced). Thankful this is over, crossing my fingers for those of you yet to get it.

A fun game, but hopefully they've got this shit ironed out for Crysis 3.

Same here but unlocked at level 5 not 4 :) now I just have to wait 5 more months to get dedication achievement..

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got Tooled Up. It was yet another kick in the balls that reaching level 50 wasn't enough, you have to max out level 50, which means another 85k until you can reboot. Anyway, after rebooting, I played until I hit level 5, and the achievement unlocked. Now I just need to wait until August for Dedication, and hope that doesn't cause any trouble as well.

Mine unlocked no problem, 20/20 weapons - last thing I unlocked was the x-43 Mike. Feel sorry for those of you who've been messed about by this glitch! I was S**ting myself when I unlocked it and it took the achievement like 30 seconds to pop so I thought I was going to have to reboot haha! Level 50 here I come

I finally got Tooled Up. It was yet another kick in the balls that reaching level 50 wasn't enough, you have to max out level 50, which means another 85k until you can reboot. Anyway, after rebooting, I played until I hit level 5, and the achievement unlocked. Now I just need to wait until August for Dedication, and hope that doesn't cause any trouble as well.

This method worked for me too.

• 7 months later...

do you have the 'Limited Edition' version?

if so then you need to redeem and activate the freebies that come with it. one or two of them count as 'weapon unlocks' and so, even if you successfully navigate the other issues with this achievement, it won't pop without them.

just redeem the 25-character code in the box and then the next time you go to multiplayer it will pop up a screen offering :xbut: / :bbut: to activate or cancel this content. once activated you will see the new item(s) on the weapon unlocks screen.

then either unlock the rest as normal if you have enough tokens or , even if you do, take the cautious route by doing the level 39 glitch for each of the remaining unlocks. should get you the achievement. hope it does.

i don't have the limited edition, im rank 49 for the 3rd time...bout to reboot again for the 3rd time..don't know what else to do. I got the game used from gamestop but i have been told if it was limited edition it would say so on the disc..however if I got a code would it work on the original disc?

Okay after rebooting 2 times and leveling up to 50 3 times and not getting the achievement I tried everything. I finally got it and I'll tell you how.

First I tried the level 39 trick to unlock the weapons on each of my 3 playthroughts. Obviously it did not unlock by playing a few matches after rebooting either. I also tried to recover it on a friends console to no avail and I also deleted my save data and cache to no avail.

If you are like me and you tried everything then this might be the answer you are looking for!!

I did NOT have the limited edition game. However a friend of mine did. I got a hold of a limited edition code off ebay and we used it on HIS console. He recovered my gamertag on his console after redeeming the limited edition DLC and he had the limited edition disc and I was level 50 with all weapons unlocked when he recovered it. At the main menu of my friends console the achievement unlocked. We tried recovering my tag before redeeming the DLC and that did not work. However recovering it with the DLC redeemed unlocked the achievement at the main menu

I hope this is useful for anyone who has tried everything like I did.