Anyone struggling with tax evasion read this...

I had completed the game and done everything apart from this achievement and after much trying I think I have worked out the problem..

I believe the Templar taxmen only spawn in Templar run areas and because I had taken over the dens that's why they wasn't spawning.. So today after much trying I thought I would go to the only place on the map still a restricted area which is in the top right of the bottom half of the map.. I think it is the sultans palace or something along them lines.. There is a bank towards the lower part of the large wall surrounding it and i just waited around that area until money went into my bank and within ten seconds one spawned.. You want to make sure you can see the red area on your mini map and the bank aswell.. I sat 3 times whilst money went into my bank and he spawned all 3 times..

Hopefully this helps people get this done..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just caught one and I own every area and have all my assassins up to master. Its just very hard to find them, this is my 3th.

The first one ran straight by me and the 2nd one I noticed at the map when I was looking where to go to but he escaped.

You just need a bit of luck spotting them ;)

I had completed the game and done everything apart from this achievement and after much trying I think I have worked out the problem..

I believe the Templar taxmen only spawn in Templar run areas and because I had taken over the dens that's why they wasn't spawning.. So today after much trying I thought I would go to the only place on the map still a restricted area which is in the top right of the bottom half of the map.. I think it is the sultans palace or something along them lines.. There is a bank towards the lower part of the large wall surrounding it and i just waited around that area until money went into my bank and within ten seconds one spawned.. You want to make sure you can see the red area on your mini map and the bank aswell.. I sat 3 times whilst money went into my bank and he spawned all 3 times..

thx ill try this later

Ive just caught one and I own every area and have all my assassins up to master. Its just very hard to find them, this is my 3th.

The first one ran straight by me and the 2nd one I noticed at the map when I was looking where to go to but he escaped.

You just need a bit of luck spotting them ;)

Yeah, I got mine in an area I control no where near the only "restricted area" (Topkapa Palace).

As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with areas of control and is only pure luck/chance.

I finally got it, I have 96% sync and haven't seen one single Tax Collector, but then I went to the southern docks, below the bank where the guy is cutting wood with a saw. I just stood there waiting for maybe an hour, and then I ran back towards the bank and there he was!

Edited by ColtoN899

First off, thanks to everyone who has been posting on this achievement,as it took a long time to find the tax man for the 2nd time (first time he was shot by a rooftop guard:mad:)

I just saw him for the second time today. I realized he spawned in what seemed like the area I first saw him in. This took place right after a bank deposit. He spawned near enough to a bank in the westerm part of the map (just northeast of the Romani HQ) during sequence 3 (this bank was locked by the templars yet).

So I think that it may be different for everyone which bank he spawns near, but if you've seen him once and remember where he showed up, trying waiting around that area again and see if he comes up on the radar shortly after a bank deposit takes place.

Thanks a lot for this I tried going to a bunch of other spots people said to go to and he didn't show up, I went to the spot you said to go to and right as I got there he popped up! You saved me so much time thank you.

I don't even remember what triggered my tax collector to show up. I was just running on rooftops to get to the next mission start somewhere around Sequence 4 and I randomly saw one on the ground (thought it was an official to kill for reducing notoriety.) So I shot him and got the achievement for it. And then one of my dens were attacked. Boo.

I couldn't get the tex collector to spawn at all. So I went to the palace by climbing the church on the right to where the location the thread starter describes. I got him to spawn two times in a row.

The first time he spawned, he got shot by the guards on the roof while I chased him, so I went back to the chruch again, climbed it, jumped down. He spawned, I grabbed him and got the achievement.

Played 20+ hours and couldn´t find one. Tried this and it worked. Thank you very much :bow:

i posted about how this worked for me multiple times with one method in another thread but just to update i have just completed the game and started free roaming the city and after a deposit was made in the bank while i was by the ferry port in the very north of the map he appeared behind me.

did he appear before or after the withdraw?

About to try this, haven't seen a single one my entire game. I've tried other methods, but a stalker appeared instead every single time.

There goes the bank deposit.....nope another stalker. Maybe something is off in my current game?

Alright I've found 3 of them so far, I keep trying to get them to appear just so I can help people. The first time I got one to appear I was near the palace while replaying Sequence 4 memory 1 without actually activating the missions. I had full Templar awareness and a bank deposit was made. before I withdrew the money I ran into the palace entrance with the bank symbol still visible. As soon as I stepped foot in the restricted zone he spawned right near the tunnel entrance.

The second time I was after the story, no Templar awareness at all. A bank deposit was made (I was standing near the arsenal waiting for money, the area with the burnt stuff). I withdrew my money ran into the arsenal and he spawned near the tailor.

Third time same area and situation but I didn't withdraw my money and ran into the arsenal when he appeared.

I hope this helps someone because this frustrated me as well.

i did this. i had a deposit in the bank like 10 mins before going to this area. and did what the video did and he popped at the same place. i also did it during the day. also my templar awareness was only like a 5%. and i have all areas controlled. and this is also after the main game. hope all this info helps.