Anyone else think My Player ratings suck!

SOG Crusader

Seriously, Im midway through my third season and am a 94 overall with 99 in Mid and 3 shooting, 99 in consistency, and 99 in offensive clutch. All that being the case, I still shoot under 40% sometimes. I get a perfect release every time and still clank shots, just unreal that 2k has these categories, and even goes into describing them, but no matter how high you make the rating it still sucks.

Here I was thinking it was because some of my ratings are low. But anyway, from what I've read on other forums, increasing your abilities is supposed to help out a lot. I use the fadeaway a lot, so I play on increasing that one when I get the chance.

Just wait till you get a little further in though, it seems to cater to how you play. I am in my third year, all shots maxed out (yes close and inside too) and I have a great rating on pull ups since I just walk up to the 3pt line sometimes and pop it. I turned on feedback for one game and shot all A-A+ rating shots and shot 39% from the field, they definitely make sure you don't go off. Realistic, eh maybe, but if it's maxed out, I should at LEAST be able to shoot the best percentage in the league...

The game has a hidden difficulty that you can't turn off in My Player called "clutch factor", which is meant to keep the game competitive by making you suck regardless of skill to help the other team come back and beat you.

Hilariously, it rarely helps you as your teammates will still take terrible shots and often freeze you off the ball.

I am a long time fan of the NBA 2K series. But I can't see where people are coming up with good scores in reviews? This is the worst entry EVER. the game is completely unbalanced.

I admit I miss alot of shots but most are dumb or hard to make. But that only makes the game fun. Being god (like in 2k11) was easy and not challenging at all. I remember going 21-21 in 2k11, this was on superstar btw.

That is true, I have played 3 seasons already in this years. Last year I got bored after one. I have tried to hit a few shots to heat up now before firing up threes.

That is true, I have played 3 seasons already in this years. Last year I got bored after one. I have tried to hit a few shots to heat up now before firing up threes.

+1. I maxxed out after barely starting my second season last year. I kept playing until the All-Star game and got pissed when I had the most votes and still came off the bench.

• 4 weeks later...

I am (or should I say "was" till my saved file got deleted via glitch) a 98 player with mid range and 3 point maxed out, one thing that I've noticed on offense AND defense is that a HUGE factor in determining shot success, especially from say 16 feet on out, is how open you are. If u have someone guarding you (especially up close), the chances of making the shot go down dramatically. Same as on defense, if the opposing player is open, his chance of making the shot goes up dramatically. I've found the best way (being a PG) to get open for 3 pointers is to shoot fast break 3 pointers. 8 times out of 10, I'm wide open and make the shot.

Not saying I agree with this gameplay feature, but it is what it is.

FYI if you're looking for a jump shot that is easy to shoot with, try Gilbert Arenas' jump shot.