100%, game & all Abstergo Challenges!

Clocked almost 60 hours, I finally 100%-ed the sychronization as well as the Abstergo Challenges (100/100) last night.

As a completionist I also:

1. Hacked all Abstergo Entertainment computers (33/33)

2. Got all Abstergo Entertainment sticky notes (20/20)

3. Filled up all my Kenway Fleet slots (14/14, all are Lv. 38 frigates & Lv. 60 man-o-wars)

4. Bought all buyable swords, pistols, artworks, Kenway upgrades, and Jackdaw appearance upgrades.

My backup save file saved me one time from a Challenge-breaking glitch, so my advice is constantly make backup save files, after making sure the progress grid tracker and the Challenge section are showing the right numbers.

EDIT: sorry to anyone if I sound bragging. I'm just very relieved that I avoided all glitches that could have wasted all my hours.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

Is this thread only for your advice or to brag about 100% completion?

If it sounds like bragging to you, I apologize. I'm just hoping to express how happy I was, because one glitch can ruin the entire efforts.

If you like to ask anything about completing the challenges, though, I'm willing to provide help.

If it sounds like bragging to you, I apologize. I'm just hoping to express how happy I was, because one glitch can ruin the entire efforts.

If you like to ask anything about completing the challenges, though, I'm willing to provide help.

OK, fair enough, tell me how to do the smoke bomb 5 persons and kill them in 10 seconds.. I just can't seem to get them..

OK, fair enough, tell me how to do the smoke bomb 5 persons and kill them in 10 seconds.. I just can't seem to get them..

This is what I did:

In Kingston, sometimes in the street you can see enemies, 4 in a group on one side, and 2 in another group on the other side. Walk towards the 2-enemy group, and soon they will follow you and "push" you away. Lure them towards the 4-enemy groups. When close enough, dump a smoke bomb and quickly use hidden blades to kill 1 or 2 of them. After that, quickly switch to pistol and quick shoot the rest of them.

I think there should be another way. When you see a big explosive barrel, get into open conflict and lure five enemies towards it, then throw a smoke bomb and quickly use the pistol to shoot the explosvie barrel to kill all five of them. You can try this in Havana, in the restricted area in the southern part of the map

In Seq. 12 Memory 2 in Principe, a main mission side objective is to kill 8 enemies with explosive barrels. I managed to get all 8 enemies by shooting a big explosive barrel, after luring a lot of them towards it, so with a smoke bomb that should complete the challenge

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

You're right, never thought of the gun.. How stupid :p

Also make sure you aren't in combat, cause doing a double assassination to start makes it do-able. I got mine without trying this way.

Keep in mind that the gun is only a one-hit kill on the lowest level enemies.

Also make sure you aren't in combat, cause doing a double assassination to start makes it do-able. I got mine without trying this way.

Keep in mind that the gun is only a one-hit kill on the lowest level enemies.

With the pistols you get for completing every Naval Contract, I have been able to one-shot Brutes and higher level enemies as well.

Edit: PS, congratulations. I could never spend so much time on this game. Less than half the time spent that you have, and will end in the 800s for achievement points; good enough for me. I don't see how you stuck with it for so long!

Edited by Floyd.

Unless you have the golden pistols they seem to 1 shot everything ive hit them with up to now :uzi:

I unlocked them, but is there something I have to do to equip them? I didn't notice my character carrying gold ones. Do I have to buy them now that they're unlocked or what?

I unlocked them, but is there something I have to do to equip them? I didn't notice my character carrying gold ones. Do I have to buy them now that they're unlocked or what?

If I remember correctly:

Once you've unlocked them you have to select them, either at one of the stores or in the Jackdaw. No need to buy them.

They are more white-ish than completely gold-colored though... :)

how did you get the challenge for getting a kill with all 9 weapons?

i seem to be stuck at 8 and i know i have gotten a kill with ever weapon

It is a known glitch I have that issue too, I believe it has something to do with getting a "wristblade" type kill before actually getting them as part of the story, the game says you already did it, but you "technically" didn't have the weapon so it doesn't register, but when you finally can, it says that you already did it. I don't get the full 100% challenges rewards, got 100% on the sync though, and all achievements (at least for single player so far) so not really a game breaker for Gamerscore.

The musket, I used it both in melee & long-range stealth shot; the brute axe, I both used it in open conflict, as well as stealth kill (I just kept pressing X when I approached the back of an unalerted guard). I think I remember that the challenge recorded it this way.

The rope dart, I used it once in close conflict by pressing Y after countering (B), and the challenge unlocked right after Edward stomped onto the poor guard.

Still, you can get 7 out of 9 weapons in Sequence 2 in Havana. The only two remaining are the blow pipe and rope dart

I got 100% synchronisation including doing everything in the modern times in 40 hours. The only thing I don't have is the challenge for the 9 weapon types which seems to be stuck on 7. I hope they fix it.

Edit: Oh and also my database is stuck at 99% and I don't know what I'm missing. Did you get 100% on that?

Edited by Daemon300

Did you come across the smuggler's cove glitch. I'm stuck at 4/5 and have 99% complete. Also about those annoying social convoy's, any suggestion for it to show up or am I up mud creek and just have to sail till I find them?

Yes, I came across the smuggler's cove glitch. That cove was the one having a buried treasure. I was fortunate enough to have a back up save, so I avoided it. I'm afraid I don't have an actual solution to it.

As for social chests, they all come up randomly I guess. I mostly encountered them in uncharted islands and smuggler's dens.

Oh and also my database is stuck at 99% and I don't know what I'm missing. Did you get 100% on that?

I never checked that. ~_~ Still, I don't think I 100%-ed the Animus database. I think some come from Kenway's fleet (after certain missions they bring back goods items), but since I loaded up a back up save to avoid the smuggler's den glitch for 100% Abstergo Challenge, I guess I permanently "disarded" some goods which contribute to 100% Animus database.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

Finish all Naval Contracts I believe..

Correct, although I don't know why people keep calling them golden pistols, they're clearly ivory with what could perhaps be called golden trim.

They are awesome. Glad I went for naval contracts first, because combat sure as hell got real easy with these pistols.

Clocked almost 60 hours, I finally 100%-ed the sychronization as well as the Abstergo Challenges (100/100) last night.

As a completionist I also:

1. Hacked all Abstergo Entertainment computers (33/33)

2. Got all Abstergo Entertainment sticky notes (20/20)

3. Filled up all my Kenway Fleet slots (14/14, all are Lv. 38 frigates & Lv. 60 man-o-wars)

4. Bought all buyable swords, pistols, artworks, Kenway upgrades, and Jackdaw appearance upgrades.

My backup save file saved me one time from a Challenge-breaking glitch, so my advice is constantly make backup save files, after making sure the progress grid tracker and the Challenge section are showing the right numbers.

EDIT: sorry to anyone if I sound bragging. I'm just very relieved that I avoided all glitches that could have wasted all my hours.

Well done man, don't wanna spoil your party but I 1000G'd the game 2 weeks ago. I never bragged about it though. :)