PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Ghosts
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #331
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
snip
You're gonna love part of the new patch...
  • Patched 3rd person throw animations for explosives when using the Riotshield. This change moves the shield to the side exposing the thrower to attack.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #332
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor 95 View Post
You're gonna love part of the new patch...
  • Patched 3rd person throw animations for explosives when using the Riotshield. This change moves the shield to the side exposing the thrower to attack.
I was initially referring to this "nerf," yes.

But yeah, I still don't understand why so many complain about it. Anyone ever play Infected Riot? It's hilariously short-term because the game type itself focuses on a weapon that's a bit more useless than the Combat Knife. (That and the fact that the Infected SPAWN with Semtex, another easy way to dispatch any Riot Shield.)

A Youtuber recently made a "strategy video" for the Riot Shield, but he wouldn't recommend the C4/Danger Close combo because he felt it was "morally wrong" to do so. I chuckled, thought about morality in multiplayer gaming- and unsubscribed to him over that small little comment.
Needless to say that I still find opinion very, very humorous:
GUYS, ITS MORALLY WRONG TO USE SUCH-AND-SUCH WEAPON IN SUCH-AND-SUCH WAY.

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.

Last edited by Hagane; 02-20-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #333
th3m4dh4tt3r

Mr JimLahey TPB's Gamercard
I have to say i just cant stand this fucking game, i really cant, ive tried to get into it and give it a chance but there is just too many campers, dont get me wrong im not sayin theres anything wrong with being careful whilst playing the game but every corner i turn there is someone just lying in the grass or camped in some corner which i can guarantee they have peobably being doing just aiming their gun at that corner for the last 30 seconds, how can people enjoy playing like this?.. The maps are far too big and just encourage people to camp as there is so many places to hide, in kill confirmed people dont even bother picking up tags as they want to preserve their killstreak which i dont understand why they dont just play team deathmatch, i loved cod4 and mw2, but now the game just seems to be too easy to get rewards, all im hearing every 5 seconds is "enemy sat com" or "enemy chopper" "enemy air strike enemy this enemy that".. So fucking annoying,and of course if you dont have sat com jammer (or whatever its called in this) then you might as well just put ur controller down and take it up the ass by an enemy or chopper or whatever is in, just wish the maps were designed better, theres a reason why likes of dome,nuketown etc were so popular, small maps with plenty of action and hard for people to camp! Maybe the next cod will be different but i highly doubt it! Anyone else feel the same way about the game?
th3m4dh4tt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #334
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m4dh4tt3r View Post
I have to say i just cant stand this fucking game, i really cant, ive tried to get into it and give it a chance but there is just too many campers, dont get me wrong im not sayin theres anything wrong with being careful whilst playing the game but every corner i turn there is someone just lying in the grass or camped in some corner which i can guarantee they have peobably being doing just aiming their gun at that corner for the last 30 seconds, how can people enjoy playing like this?.. The maps are far too big and just encourage people to camp as there is so many places to hide, in kill confirmed people dont even bother picking up tags as they want to preserve their killstreak which i dont understand why they dont just play team deathmatch, i loved cod4 and mw2, but now the game just seems to be too easy to get rewards, all im hearing every 5 seconds is "enemy sat com" or "enemy chopper" "enemy air strike enemy this enemy that".. So fucking annoying,and of course if you dont have sat com jammer (or whatever its called in this) then you might as well just put ur controller down and take it up the ass by an enemy or chopper or whatever is in, just wish the maps were designed better, theres a reason why likes of dome,nuketown etc were so popular, small maps with plenty of action and hard for people to camp! Maybe the next cod will be different but i highly doubt it! Anyone else feel the same way about the game?

That's so true. I finally returned this game to GF, because of these problems and other problems after a month. Sadly, I didn't finish the campaign though.

* I've seen people not picking up dog tags as a trap. They leave them on the ground and wait for someone on the other team to try and pick it up for an easy kill.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #335
UnarmedReaper07

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
There is the free dlc trial this weekend. This sucks, since I already brought back the game to "GF" weeks ago. I really wanted to try out "Fog" and being "Jason".
Old 03-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #336
EricHawrylyshyn

EricHawrylyshyn's Gamercard
Yes there's lots of campers, but IMO it's worth keeping just for Extinction mode >
Old 03-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #337
tcross1991
Banned User

love the first set of dlc and the ripper but not sure how i feel about a dome remake...
tcross1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #338
EricHawrylyshyn

EricHawrylyshyn's Gamercard
Ya Strikezone is pretty much a remake of dome already :/ Don't want the same map again.. but the new Extinction looks promising, can't wait to fight the Kraken
Old 03-25-2014, 04:58 AM   #339
UnarmedReaper07

Bought Ghosts, since the price went down and some other factors. I read that the free trial dlc lasts until Monday, but on Monday they took it off the marketplace.

I begin playing again and see some problems. Some guy glitching into a rock on that winter map on Infected and got a 80 killstreak. Played three games straight of Domination and we were getting owned. Camping like crazy and knew where I was almost all the time. The third game I figured out they must of been in a party. We we're actually winning the third game and then somehow they win. These guys are pretty much almost all max/close to max prestige and playing a party. I tell them that they have no skill and this one guy tells me to get laid. Their max/almost prestige and had to party against randoms just to win. We all think who should get laid and I told them that and they left the lobby after that.

* I tried the free fall map and it was nice. Reminded me of that one zombie map dlc from a previous game.

* Tried the "Ripper" SMG mode that I picked off the ground and it's pretty sweet.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #340
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
IW - patch the fucking rock glitch on Whiteout.

Props to Raj for the avatar and sig
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:02 AM   #341
Darkrenegade25

xMvPxVeNGeAnCe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
There is the free dlc trial this weekend. This sucks, since I already brought back the game to "GF" weeks ago. I really wanted to try out "Fog" and being "Jason".
Its "Michael Myers" and why dont they just buff the friggin health.you cant turn on anybody and a quarter of my deaths are from getting shot from behind.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:07 AM   #342
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

I played the demo of this game and loved it. Then I bought the game about 2 weeks ago and it is filled with campers... so fucking annoying. Made me go back to Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #343
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymt View Post
I played the demo of this game and loved it. Then I bought the game about 2 weeks ago and it is filled with campers... so fucking annoying. Made me go back to Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2.
Same. I still play CoD 4 all the time because the newer CoD's are just terrible.
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:14 AM   #344
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbreakfast99 View Post
Same. I still play CoD 4 all the time because the newer CoD's are just terrible.
It was the base simplicity of the older CoD games that made them so much better. By the way, you should add me dude if you want to play CoD 4 or MW2 sometime?

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:14 AM   #345
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Went to go after the new Extinction achievements today, and there was another "Multiplayer map EE" jig. So I go online to go get them and guess what.

Just like launch day, I'm dead before I can turn around, 3 times in a row I spawned and died not a literal second later, and at multiple times the instance I survive for more than 3 seconds, half of the enemy team is on me cutting me down.

I got them, but the MP for this game feels like it was built by a 7 year old on crack.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #346
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymt View Post
It was the base simplicity of the older CoD games that made them so much better. By the way, you should add me dude if you want to play CoD 4 or MW2 sometime?
Ur spot on there dude!

Imo MW2 is STILL the best COD MP out there & i still play hardcore S&D regular.ultra smooth engine,simple killstreaks & perks,definately one for the purists.WaW was another personal favourite of mine allbeit more difficult but the modders have killed it.the main reason i picked ghosts up was i fear MW2 will end up a modded mess eventually, so at some point ill need another MP shooter.only had it a day so not made my mind up yet but i have noticed the spawn thing the guy above mentions about being spawn killed within a couple of seconds.not sure if its an issue/problem? But its happened a few times in domination games!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #347
5ektor

No matter what gun I use when I shoot the hidden egg sacs in online versus I am unable to get a hit marker. It simply does not register as hitting them and does not count toward the bonus xp or achievement. The ones in onslaught worked fine, but nothing for devastation! Furthermore the same can be said for both dlcs on my X-Box One. I have tried deleting my system cache, unplugging my consoles and deleting and redownloading the maps and nothing worked. Anyone else experience this?
5ektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #348
GTAmissions1

GTAmissions1's Gamercard
Just went and played some Ghosts and I forgot why I even hate it.

The maps have not improved again. Seems they have lost their way of making good multiplayer maps without too many problems/concerns.

Spawn system is still bad just like the last few Call of Duty games.

Not going back for a while.
GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:03 AM   #349
UnarmedReaper07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAmissions1 View Post
Just went and played some Ghosts and I forgot why I even hate it.

The maps have not improved again. Seems they have lost their way of making good multiplayer maps without too many problems/concerns.

Spawn system is still bad just like the last few Call of Duty games.

Not going back for a while.

They don't care about improving the game. They just want your money for the "micro-transactions".
Old 04-26-2014, 07:05 AM   #350
Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man 316's Gamercard
I'm gonna break the combo by saying I'm okay with the multiplayer. It's not good but it's fun enough, and grinding for a patch or attachment I want isn't nerve racking for what I'm after.

What DOES drive me nuts is when I'm running Extinction and someone's burning through their clip constantly and all you hear is "I could use some ammo!" less than a minute after you drop some. Rapid fire goes on your LSAT or Chain Saw, not a small clip weapon like the Honey Badger. Learn to throttle your shots, damn it.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #351
Smoochy

This game drove me to sell my 360...

Old 04-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #352
UnarmedReaper07

Usually during "clan wars" I go negative a lot. This is due to people hiding in corners like rats, sound-who...., camping,, etc. I even had a team on "WhiteOut" wearing the winter sniper camo except one person on their team. The results....we lost. All they did was camp in the snow and camped "Domination".

With clan wars done with you would think all these try-hards would stop pulling their garbage. Wrong...they keep using the most cowardly moves. I think I keep getting wussy teams, since I play with my clan. I actually do pretty well when not facing full teams. I never see stuff like this on Titanfall and Halo.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #353
Jeff Toons

Sith Lord Hidan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post
This game drove me to sell my 360...
Modern Warfare 3 didn't? I would've sold mine after MW3 TBH, bro.

On another note, if Ghosts came after Modern Warfare 3, it would have felt like a natural progression. But instead, we jump 14 years into the future (presumably) and then we get BO2. Ghosts in all honestly feels like the various CODs I've played, just with a re-paint and new weapon mechanics (you buy weapons with squad points. F2000 and upgraded AEK are in the new Ghost Recon Online game, but not Ghosts).

Ofc, I'll still play it for the achievements
Jeff Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:41 AM   #354
Smoochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Toons View Post
Modern Warfare 3 didn't? I would've sold mine after MW3 TBH, bro.

On another note, if Ghosts came after Modern Warfare 3, it would have felt like a natural progression. But instead, we jump 14 years into the future (presumably) and then we get BO2. Ghosts in all honestly feels like the various CODs I've played, just with a re-paint and new weapon mechanics (you buy weapons with squad points. F2000 and upgraded AEK are in the new Ghost Recon Online game, but not Ghosts).

Ofc, I'll still play it for the achievements
Never bought MW3. I rented it and didn't even waste my time after that.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:14 AM   #355
fastNcurious

They just had an update, among the patch notes:

Spawn system has an improved ability to select better spawns when valid spawn locations are limited.

BULL. SHIT.

I played all weekend during double XP and the spawns were alright. After the update today, in FIVE separate games, I spawned, took two steps, and got shot in the back by an enemy who was already there.

Worst. CoD. Ever.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #356
UnarmedReaper07

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
They just had an update, among the patch notes:

Spawn system has an improved ability to select better spawns when valid spawn locations are limited.

BULL. SHIT.

I played all weekend during double XP and the spawns were alright. After the update today, in FIVE separate games, I spawned, took two steps, and got shot in the back by an enemy who was already there.

Worst. CoD. Ever.

The spawn system still does suck, even on a medium map I still got spawn killed and I spawn killed other players as well. I think they said they got rid of panic knifing and quick scoping as well, but I still see it.

* Somehow in "Search and Destroy" the other team got: a guard dog, a battle hind, a maniac, and an assault juggernaut. I didn't even see one care package drop...... This is what happens when you play Ghosts early in the morning with all the try-hards on.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #357
Badge Man

Badge Man's Gamercard
I'm glad the final achievements are being released for Ghosts so I can put this game to rest.
Badge Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:11 AM   #358
Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man 316's Gamercard
In Exodus, they say a lot of bullshit.
-"Start the generator before we get overrun!" - You only get attacked after opening a door or starting a generator, never beforehand.
-"Protect the cortex!" - The cortex is fine on its own.
-"We've lost power to the west gate generator!" - Traps don't work. That's all. I just played a game where we were in the north gate area, this gets said, and all three of my teammates go RUNNING IN to the hellhole of all those cryptids and three ancestors just to start it back up. Of course, all three go down, and there's no way in hell I can get to them with my slow movement speed.

Thanks to that last one, two hours wasted and one tooh to show for it.