Oghma Infinium and 1.4

oooo yeah

It still works if anybody was wondering. It still works on current characters but I couldn't find confirmation anywhere if it worked on a NEW character so I started a brand new character and just tested it out. Joy!

Not sure what they meant by "fixed infinite bookshelf loop" in the list of things they patched but it obviously didn't mean this glitch.

I never got it to work MANY days ago. I don't know if I would have wanted it to though...

The way I see it... all skills can be grinded/powerleveled, this glitch just takes away the time consumption of grinding those skills. So I didn't feel bad in the slightest bit for taking advantage of this exploit.

Also, the infinite book loop glitch must be the fact that all books reset and go back into place after entering your home.

I did this when the game came out, but soon realized it took ALL the fun out of it, and messed up my game in the progress.

Since I was level 81, all skills 100, I wasn't getting any dragon souls for some reason and couldn't advance the main quest, so I trashed the save.

Right now I am going strong on a level 51 character, completely legit skill boosting by grinding them out. Using the God Armor method (which is much more fun and enjoyable) to max my stuff.

I have done the Oghma Infinium quest on this playthrough and I have the book stored safely in my Daedric artifact and unique weapons cabinet.

I don't plan on using the book on this save at all. I'm keeping it, just one copy.

This.

Block and armor skills cannot be raised naturally without grinding/training (especially if you avoid damage and kill enemies quickly).

I got my 1-2 hand skills, light-heavy armor and block skills up just from using them. It's the enchanting and other magic stuff that I was having trouble getting up to 100.