GTA IV UK Release Date set?

jorGe62990

found this over at gamespot.com, but below is from the original source, MCV, a UK trade magazine:

April 25th UK release for GTA IV

Tim Ingham December 19, 11:29am

Senior industry sources reveal massive title will miss Easter release period

MCV understands that Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto IV will NOT be released in March as expected – and will in fact be held back until the last week in April.

Sources close to the game’s publisher have told MCV that the title’s UK release will miss the Easter period entirely, and will instead go on sale in the final week of Rockstar parent Take 2’s second financial quarter.

That would be in keeping with the company's latest financial statement, which revealed the title would be released in its Q2 period – which runs from February to the end of April.

A Rockstar spokesperson told MCV that the publisher didn’t comment on ‘rumour and speculation’.

If true, the rest of the market will breathe a huge sigh of relief – as they can enjoy the lucrative Easter period without doing battle with one of the biggest releases in recent years.

The news has certainly come as a surprise to the trade. One prominent member of the channel told MCV:

“The last I heard about GTA IV’s release was a couple of months ago, when all the changes were taking place at Take 2’s UK offices. Since then, they’ve gone a bit quiet on what’s going on with GTA IV.

“The way Take 2 work on GTA has always been very secretive. I’d expect some more concrete news from them two or three weeks before release.”

SOURCES:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29185/April-25th-UK-release-for-GTA-IV

AND

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26110144&sid=6184169&tag=latestnews;title;4

I got a 'copy' for Christmas from my bro, as he'll be paying for my copy when its released. I cannot wait, and if it is the 25th, well that sucks cos my easter holidays and birthday will have passed the week before and I won't be able to disappear for a couple of days with the xbox and GTA:IV.

Sigh. Whatever happened to October 16th? April 25 is too far away!!