Difficulty Change

Nozza

So I played through and completed the game on Pro. I now want to go back and unlock all the missing achievements which don't require me to be on a set difficulty.

The only question is how do I do this? Seeing as I've done everything on Pro, this is going to make it a little harder for me and I can't see a difficulty change setting anywhere.

Whenever I select a mission I go straight into it, without the option to change and my guess is as it's a level save from the original game I've been playing, it's set on Pro.

Anyway I can lower it down but still keep the missions?

Guest Scotty
So I played through and completed the game on Pro. I now want to go back and unlock all the missing achievements which don't require me to be on a set difficulty.

The only question is how do I do this? Seeing as I've done everything on Pro, this is going to make it a little harder for me and I can't see a difficulty change setting anywhere.

Whenever I select a mission I go straight into it, without the option to change and my guess is as it's a level save from the original game I've been playing, it's set on Pro.

Anyway I can lower it down but still keep the missions?

No, you can't lower the difficulty, unfortunately. not that this is helpful, but the game is super easy on normal, especially after you have done it on pro, so although, long winded, it shouldn't be too much of a grind.

Guest Scotty
But it is a grind... I have to play through pretty most of the levels to get what is needed in some of the achievements.

Easy or not. It's such an annoying system.

it is an annoying system, i agree. its still there in contracts too, so i would suggest doing normal first to get everything, then pro as the last achievement.

i missed the melee achievement on contracts and im trying to do it now on my pro playthough, but i can't really go looking for everything, with the tiniest fuck up im dead/busted and have to start the levels again. it looks like ill have to do another normal run of this.

Well, I'm going to have to do it. Will probably do an easier playthrough on Contracts first and completed everything and then all I have to worry about is Pro.

I just had to play the last level 3 times on SA to get all the difficulty achievements to unlock! That was annoying enough!

Don't forget these games are pretty old. Yes, there is no way in both games to switch difficulties. Therefore you have to play Silent Assassin at least 3 times + some extra missions to collect missing weapons.

If you want to minimize the effort you should start Contracts on Pro.

Unlike Silent Assassin all difficulty related achievements in Contracts do stack and you'll need a silent assassin rating on ALL missions in Contracts anyway to unlock all the weapon achievements. So start on Pro, collect as much weapons as you can find (the guide is missing out all the bonus weapons you'll get for SA rating in Contracts), finish everything with a SA rating (with videos on yt it's quite easy) and you've done almost 90% in one playthrough. Then just go back collect the missing weapons, especially the melee weapons and you're done. :)

Edited by LeXXuz