Ultimate Battler Achievement

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found an Ultimate Guide for the achievement on TA so I thought I'd post it here to help.

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/5b49ab49/s/73009.pngUltimate Battler 50:gsicon:

Complete Battle Mode

This unlocks upon successfully clearing all 20 Battle Mode challenges in "Battles" Mode. Battle Mode can be accessed from the main menu by going to Single Player > Battles. In Battles Mode there are 20 different kind of battle mode challenges with different conditions, some of which must be unlocked first. Most challenges require you to defeat a randomized lineup of 10 opponents and you must defeat all 10 of them with specific conditions for each fight such as: being poisoned the entire fight, playing as a random character, fight with only 25% health, mystery buffs, and more. Except for Classic Battle, every Battle Mode has its own set difficulty, and usually the difficulty level is connected to each opponent you face varying from Very Easy to Hard. Usually the first few opponents are very easy to defeat but as you move on the opponents will become more resilient and difficult to beat as you make your way to the final opponent.

*Updated 5/20* Injustice Patch v1.03 Release Notes

[spoiler=3]The following methods still work despite the 5/20 patch update, however you can delete the "Injustice Title Update" from your Storage by going to Settings > System > Storage if you continue to struggle. Some of the cast have received some nerfs and buffs that may make Battle Mode tougher to beat. The patch notes can be found in the link below. The update is 7MB in size.

https://www.injustice.com/en/news/updated-520-injustice-patch-v103-release-notes

Battle Mode Breakdown

When first starting the game only 5 Battle Modes will be available, the other 15 must be unlocked. To unlock them you need to use acquired Access Cards and unlock them in the Archives located in under Bonus Features. You'll naturally get them when going for the "Hoarder" achievement. Access Cards are acquired whenever you level up and you should have enough cards to unlock the other 15 Battle Modes by the time you reach Level 20. At any rate, you should have plenty of cards while going for "The Hero We Deserve" achievement.

Clearing all 20 of these Battle Modes should not be too difficult at first. For 16 of the 20 Battles you can continue and select "Retry" if you are ever defeated. This allows you to have a rematch against the opponent who beat you so that you can continue where you last left off. You get as many tries as you need to complete the challenge. The only Modes you will have to clear without being defeated are Survivor, Speed Run, The Max, and Impossible.

You can see if you have already completed a Battle by highlighting the selection and pressing the Y-button to see the Leaderboards on that battle. Your GT will be displayed at the bottom of the leaderboard. If there is a 0 next to your name that means you have not cleared it yet. If you have some sort of score value next to your name that means you have cleared it already. Listed below are all 20 Battle Mode challenges and the conditions for each one:

1. Classic – Defeat a series of randomly chosen heroes and villains set at your desired difficulty level.

2 Heroes Only – Can you stand against the might of the world’s most powerful heroes?

3. Villains Only – Test your skills against the most dangerous villains the universe has ever know!

4. Poisoned – Poison courses through your veins, constantly draining your health!

5. Survivor – Your Heath Meter carries over from match to match! Perform feats of exceptional skill to obtain bonus health.

6. Mirror Match – Fight as your opponent in a series of mirror matches!

7. Mystery – Each match grants a mystery buff or debuff to your fighter!

8. Fully Charged – Both you and your opponent have unlimited Super Meter but Super Moves are disabled!

9. Combo Heaven – You must perform a combo of the required number of hits and win the match! Transitions and Super Moves are Disabled.

10. Help From Above – Your opponents health will be restored to full every 30 seconds!

11. Injured – Begin each match with only one quarter of your maximum health!

12. Give And Take – You and your opponent gain health on each landed attack! You must defeat your opponent before time runs out!

13. Sidekick – Two opponents per match on a single arena will push your abilities to the max!

14. Speed Run – Can you defeat all of your opponents in under 2 minutes total?

15. Random Fighter – Fight each opponent with a randomly chosen hero or villain!

16. Countdown – You must defeat each of your opponents in under 30 seconds!

17. Unstoppable – Defeat all of your opponents without losing a single match!

18. The Max – You have one chance to defeat all of your opponents at maximum difficulty!

19. Full House – Try to defeat the entire cast of Injustice!

20. Impossible! – Attempt to defeat the entire cast of Injustice with a single Health Meter!

Battle Mode Strategy

Using the character you're most comfortable with and hitting the CPU with your longest, most damaging BnB combos is a possible way to clear these Battles. For the #9 Combo Heaven mission, be sure to use Aquaman and use his Trident Rush move and the meter Burn version to clear it easily, it's done by pressing Down, Toward + X then RT. When doing this move press Toward your opponent to stay in range, you can move away or toward while performing Trident Rush to get more hits. Testyourmight.com has a number of listed combos you could follow if needed. However, if you struggle with completing any of these modes then a highly effective character to use for this would be Doomsday. Simply jump at your opponent and press Down + A for a Body Splash to cross them up, then combo into this chain as you land: X, Y, A, Down, Toward + A then Meter Burn(RT) once the Venom Tackle connects for extra damage if you have it. This is literally the only move and combo you need in order to clear 18 of the 20 Battles and it can also be used for Survivor, Unstoppable, and Impossible! Feel free to make use of Doomsdays other weapons such as his unblockable Supernova, Iron Skin ability(B-button) and his Super Move if needed. Below in the video is the combo being executed as well as a successful run through Survivor Mode. Credit goes to Obie83 and dalleval for the combo upload and RA1NKING for the Survivor run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeolhDR3D5U]Doomsdaycombo - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G52RvGRA6g]Injustice Battle Mode Survivor - YouTube[/ame]

"The Max"

In this Battle challenge you have to defeat all 10 opponents who are set to Very Hard difficulty without using a Retry. Many people find this to be the hardest Battle Mode challenge of the 20 to complete. The CPU has lightning fast reflexes and can literally read any move you throw at them and exploit an opening to combo you into oblivion. At times it feels like the CPU is perfect and knows exactly how to counter you and when. Most opponents such as Aquaman and Green Lantern can defeat you in just a few 20 hit combos. Luckily, there is a character you can use to make this more bearable.

By selecting Hawkgirl you can simply spam her Mace Charge by pressing Away, Toward + Y to chip away at the CPU's health until they open themselves up for a Mace Charge for good damage. The move comes out quickly, inflicts good chip damage, and gets your Super meter up fast. Just be sure to properly zone some opponents by jumping back first before doing it and use your Super Move whenever you see the CPU is about to attack to gain the upper hand. Your Super Move is a definite X-Factor to your success. Play smart and stay out of corners because the CPU will pummel you dead. RA1NKING has posted a video of this method done so pay special attention to how he deals with certain opponents. Credit for the video upload and methods goes to RA1NKING, Dark Rocky X, PRSNightfire and themuffinboyy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2KzlRlzNA]Injustice Battle Mode The Max Complete - YouTube[/ame]

Using this move, you will still want to avoid certain opponents whenever attempting The Max. Because the 10 opponents you receive are always random, you can simply start up The Max, and if you get specific characters who give Hawk Girl problems, just press start scroll over to Battles, then exit. Repeatedly start up The Max until you get an easier lineup of opponents. Do your best to make sure you don't have to face any of these 7 characters:

1. Aquaman

2. Green Lantern

3. Lex Luthor

4. Raven

5. Deathstroke

6. Wonder Woman

7. Batman

These characters can easily punish the Mace Charge on start-up with their special moves. They don't fall for the Mace Charge that easily and are too aggressive for this method to work. Although, they're not unbeatable, it will make your Hawk Girl runs go much smoother without having to face any of them. However, projectile users such as Ares, Green Arrow, Killer Frost, Sinestro, and Cyborg, you'll want to perform the Mace Charge up close. Once it connects, quickly dash toward them up close as they wake up then input Mace Charge again. Repeat, and the CPU should fall for it every time. An ideal line-up of characters you'll want to face in The Max using this method are

1. Superman

2. Nightwing

3. Shazam

4. The Joker

5. Bane

6. Solomon Grundy

7. Black Adam

8. Catwoman

9. Green Arrow

10. The Flash

It's really all about match-ups and hitting enough Mace Charges and Super Moves for each fight-slightly luck based if the CPU doesn't behave properly. Be patient with this method, it does in fact work, but it will take some practice albeit maybe even a few losses to get it just right.

Edited by TheMajinLegend

"Impossible!"

For this you must defeat all 24 characters from the game in succession, with your health bar and Super meter carrying over. If you lose you will be taken back to the main menu, no retries allowed. The difficulty setting for the opponents vary from Very Easy to Hard in this mode. You do in fact get 25% or more of your health replenished after each fight depending on how well you fought. An extra 10% of health will be awarded to you for each bonus objective you complete. After each match you win, the game will tell you your bonuses during your win pose. Try to complete some of the following objectives to get as much Health bonuses as you can:

Win the match: 25%

Perform a 30% Combo: 10%

Use an Interactive object: 10%

Win a Clash: 10%

Complete a Transition: 10%

This Battle challenge isn't too difficult actually, but you'll have to play smart and careful with your health meter. Use the above mentioned Doomsday method for this, since Hawk Girl has too many bad match ups and will take too long to win fights spamming Mace Charge. The first 10 opponents or so are usually very easy to defeat, but somewhere toward the middle you'll face an opponent who won't fall for your combo so easily. Try crouch blocking against them if they are aggressive and use the pause button until they open them self up then punish. Personally, I found the crouching heavy attack(Down +A) to work well up close.

You want to be smart with your Health and Super Meter because both of these carry over to the next match. Never blow your Super meter on a Super Move, your combo is good enough. Only use meter for Meter Burn with your Venom Tackle or to win clashes, that's it. More than likely while on their 2nd Health Bar(red health), the CPU will try to Clash you when you land a combo on them, so more meter increases your chances of winning or tying those clashes to prevent health loss. Remember, that using single hit heavy attacks(A-button) help prevent the CPU from clashing against you, but then you'll have to worry about them trying to hit you with their super move. Also use interact-able objects whenever you can, and keep sticking to the combo. Only start pausing against the more resilient CPU and scout for openings. Focus on keeping your health as high as you can and you'll get through all 24 foes. Just make sure you have at least a little over a red health bar going into fights. For me, I had just a sliver of white health going into most fights and I was still able to finish strong. Buckles Supreme has a video of this being done below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEinlsSZnn8]Injustice Impossible! Tips and Tricks - YouTube[/ame]

Hopefully these methods prove effective for you. Please comment if anything needs to be added or changed.

Clearing all 20 of these Battle Modes should not be too difficult at first. For 17 of the Battles you can continue and select "Retry" if you are ever defeated. This allows you to have a rematch against the opponent who beat you so that you can continue where you last left off. You get as many tries as you need to complete the challenge. The only Modes you will have to clear without being defeated are Survivor, The Max, and Impossible.

Just wanted to point out to anyone reading that Speed Run makes you restart upon defeat as well.

Well other than that, I really appreciate you posting this. I hope it helps alotta people. I've been using all those methods for a while now and still can't get the Battles done, but I guess I just have to keep getting frustrated with the game and trying time after time again.

Oh, and this is just my suggestion so you don't need to do it, but I'd say repost all that good information in a new thread and call it, "The Ultimate Battler Guide" , that way people can reference it quicker than scrolling through this thread.

Edited by BiggD

I finally got done with recording the commentary on my complete Impossible! run so I will be uploading that sometime today so you can add it to the guide. I just wanted to upload it soon because as far as I know no one has a complete run of Impossible! ladder on Youtube right now and I wanted you guys to use it on the guide because it will have character specific strategies in it as well as how I managed to beat it.

I finally got done with recording the commentary on my complete Impossible! run so I will be uploading that sometime today so you can add it to the guide. I just wanted to upload it soon because as far as I know no one has a complete run of Impossible! ladder on Youtube right now and I wanted you guys to use it on the guide because it will have character specific strategies in it as well as how I managed to beat it.

Hurry up and post it!

I need to see this done to believe it is possible. I'm following the written guides and I can always only make it to fighter 10. Hoping this will give me something to copy.

Nice, I'll check back here to see when it'd added so I can add it to the Guide!

Alright my Ultimate Battler Impossible! Complete run is up and online. It took about 6 hours to upload because I am a total HD nut and had to upload it in 1080p. The video has commentary going through the run hope you guys find it useful. I talk about specific matchups with certain characters and what I did to conserve the most health and push my way through this hard ladder run.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

EDIT: Upon watching the video fully uploaded, some of the audio seems to be a little wonky so hopefully you can understand me all right.

I actually can't believe I got impossible done in one try and I can tell u doomsday is the way to go. The ONLY fight I had trouble w/ is Green Latern as the ninth match. He brought me down to 40% health on my second bar, but I did so well w/ my other matches that by time I faced my last opponent, which was Cybrog, I had still 80% of my first bar. I would just say make sure Green Latern is one of your first 5-8 opponents because he is the biggest douche of them all with grabbing u and combo u to death then. Hence why we all bane him when trying to do it on max. Now working on that, but it is going VERY slowly......

I just managed to do the max with hawk girl after trying for 2 weeks. Cant believe i did it because I had wonder woman,batman and aqua man on the bill. They didn't even act as hard as they usually do aqua man didn't seem to follow up with damaging combos. I guess it is down to a lot of luck.

Alright I just did it as Doomsday and first of all I did what TheMajinLegend mentioned and deleted the download of the update since Doomsday got nerfed. I prefered the combo (down a, x, x, down foward y) rather than (down a, a, a). The second one left too many openings for me and I can start the combo immediately the other way. If they block however u want to do down a on the ground to trip them up, then start the combo again. Most of the time u will. There are however some enemies that u are better off doing the infinate combo over and over. I'll mentioned some key opponents as to which method is better. Without further adu, here is the list and the keys I will be using is:

Combo Trip= (down a, x, x, down foward y then down a)

Combo 2 = (down a, a, a)

Combo Death = (down a, x, x,x down foward y constant)

Avoid = (Matchup really bad)

Aquaman: Combo Trip

Batman: Avoid, this is one of the ones I didn't fight, but would rather not since he has answers for everything

Black Atom: Either Combo Death or Trip. Best matchup

Catwoman: Combo Death

Deathstroke: Combo 2, this was the only matchup I did that. Worked better.

Flash: Avoid, 2nd worst matchup

Green Arrow: Combo Death, get close too, big spammer of arrows.

Green Lantern: Avoid, worst matchup needs to be banned from max.

Harley: Combo Trip

Hawkgirl: Combo Death

Joker: Combo Trip

Killer Frost: Either Combo Death or Trip

Lex: Avoid/Either. I beat him, but was extremely risky. rather avoid.

Nighthawk: Combo Death

Shazam: Combo Trip

Sinestro: Combo Death

Solomon Grundy: Combo Death

Superman: Combo Trip, ppl says avoid, I say don't. was very easy for me.

That is all I have character-wise for now. BTW the only time I used the meter was to use supernovas to finish a bar/kill, Clashes (I liked this a lot) to prevent combos at near death, and only use supermoves when stuck in a corner. Doomsday does enough damage, would rather use it for clashes and finish off my opponents. Sorry I only had 3/4 of the characters, but I don't feel like figuring out everyone for now. If I feel like it, then I let u know asap. GL

VinnyMac6,

I know exactly how you feel. I now try to do Impossible at least twice a day with the doomsday method. It's turning into an obsession. I want to stop, but I just keep coming back.

I've gotten to 19 twice, and 17 three times.

I usually do well, and then get crushed by someone. Lately it's been Bane and Hawkgirl.

Maybe if we talk about what we do, we can give ourselves tips to complete this horrible battle:

Here's what I'm doing:

1) The regular Jump D3 method, usually going into either 33 or 123 DF3.

or

2) Crouch block and wait for them to dash at me, then try the 123 DF3 combo and repeat.

I couldn't do the crouch block method with Bane, as he kept grabbing me, or charging. Hawkgirl kept chipping away at me, so I had to jump attack her.

I've learned that it doesn't seem like a good idea to attack them right away after you knock them down, as they will wake up and kill you. So let them get up, and then jump at them with D3.

My biggest problems are against: Bane, Hawkgirl, Doomsday, Superman, Sinestro, Aquaman, and Green Arrow.

Also...there seems to be some Batman method to doing this. But I can't find it anywhere.

Got to 15 today...going to try one more time...

I just want to get past this horrible battle already!

Edited by TommyDogan

• 2 weeks later...

That's very lucky of you. It seems like with every patch they put out the characters are harder to beat. I just tried my usual method on the max with Hawkgirl (mace charge...repeat) and the computer jumped over it every time! But I do seen to do pretty well with her in Impossible! Got to 21 then Sinestro kicked my ass!

For those still struggling with The Max against the bad match-up characters such as:

-Raven

-Wonder Woman

-Lex Luthor

-Aquaman

AndreFlash83 has come up with a new method using Hawk Girl to deal with these guys specifically. Simply jump up and hit B-button to take flight. Then lure the enemy towards corners or interactibles(toss them at the enemy) and use Mace Charge in the AIR to get to the other side and repeat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djVIduefQTs]Injustice God Among Us - The Max Battle - YouTube[/ame]

• 2 months later...

I finally got The Max.

First thing I did was delete all of my bonus content. I got rid of all my characters, all my costume pieces, all my STARS labs missions until it was just my saved game. Playing Vanilla Injustice.

I used Doomsday and I reset the roster until I didn't have Green Lantern, Batman or Lex Luthor, everyone else I was able to beat (though Wonder Woman is kinda tough).

Then each fight all I did was jump in Down + Heavy in the air, then Light, Light, Medium (JD+3, 112). Like everyone else says the last medium in the string does massive chip damage on block, which is what the computer does most of the time.

You want to fight zoners like Sinestro and Deathstroke. Yeah they can still destroy you, but more often then not you will be able to beat them.

The best tip is to learn what they do. The computer is an idiot, more so on very hard then anything else. They will more often then not do the same thing to punish what you do over and over again. Once you know your opponent you will be able to predict what they will do. What this means is that you will spend hours losing, because you need to try different things to see how the computer reacts. Its ok to lose a lot, because you only need to win once ;)

Now for zoners (sinestro, deathstroke, raven, harley, cyborg) what you do is stay very close to them. When you knock them down with a combo you dash forward to be right on top of them. When you jump and do the down heavy you will cross them up (where your feet hit them in the head) and you can do your combo again.

For everyone else you need to trick them. Most characters will fall for the air down heavy a lot of the time, people like Ares, Flash, and Wonder Woman are tricky, but what I found out is if you do nothing, the computer doesn't know how to react.

Example. My last fight was against Nightwing. Now Nightwing is a jerk and will do a 18 hit combo on you every change he gets. What i ended up doing was after a knock down I would dash up and do nothing. As he stood up the computer was already reacting to me doing nothing with an attack so I would then jump and down heavy. Most of the time it would work. I even got him in the corner and would just neutral jump (jump straight up in the air and not push a button) which would freak them out even more because they don't understand how to react to nothing, and then hit down heavy. It would work on Aquaman as well.

It takes time to learn how fast a character gets up to know when to jump, but once you do learn the timing it turns out to be really easy. Not Zangief's spinning lariat easy, but just let me say The Max made me so mad I punched myself in the face, and when I beat it the matches went like butter and not a single fight was a problem.

I just finished Impossible.

To make it easy for myself I made sure I had Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, and Batman in the first 10. If all 3 weren't there I would just reload because if they were after the first 10 they would wreck me.

Using the same AI mind games that I posted earlier I was able to destroy Impossible once I had my 3 nemesiss out of the way. I had some trouble with Bane and Doomsday because they could lay on the damage quick, but even with that I was able to keep my health in the silver going into each match.

At the beginning of the match make sure you jump in with down + heavy, then heavy, heavy (JD+3, 33). That will net you a 23% combo and get you the "over 20% combo" health bonus. Then after you knock them down if you are on a stage with an interactible in the beginning jump up and throw it right way to earn "use an interactible" health bonus (if you are in the wayne manor stage work you way to the far right and throw the gargoyle).

If you find yourself near a stage transition, after you knock the opponent down do a meter burned back + heavy (B+3, MB). The AI will wake up with an attack and you will knock them for a loop.

I ONLY used my meter for meter burned back heavies, meter burned supernovas, and to win a clash. The rest of the time I just sat on full meter and continued to use jump down heavy, light light medium.

The computer is no where NEAR as block heavy as on The Max. Sure they will combo you up if you give them the chance, but they will almost constantly fall for the jump heavy technique.

Now I got the super easy Full House to do. I say easy only because I can use continues. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Insanity of the Very Hard AI is beyond any understanding, they block 99,9% of your combos and instantly do theirs even tho you haven't finished yet. while you block their attacks and try to do combo of your own since you blocked, AI punishes you anways. It's not even remotely funny. I'll 100% it one day, but this is the last game I bought from NetherRealm, I'm done with this bullshit.

• 1 month later...

HELL YEAH !!! HELL YEAH !!! HELL YEAH !!! HELL YEAH !!! HELL YEAH !!! HELL YEAH !!!

Sorry for spam, but just gotta brag :D just finished Injustice, 100% achievements, after countless hours of trying The Max with Doomsday I managed to do it a week ago. Worked on S.T.A.R. Labs and after that decided to go to Impossible. That battle, compared to The Max is a walk in a park, really. Took few tries today morning, didn't go well, 10-12th fight max. Now did it, all 24, being on 2nd health bar for around half of the matches. a well deserved easy mode after previous battle, which took countless hours, weeks of practice.