With the incoming Sep 8 update, we'll have 16 bounty slots..

Hishoa

so that's sixteen 5,000 EXP bounties (or also one 10,000 IB Iron Wrath bounty) on each character to help you level up your new Subclass, and equipment from faction packages.

Edit: Some more relevant information from this Reddit thread:

Your character level for TTK will be solely based on experience (instead of experience + light level on your gear), and most everything you do in Destiny will build that experience. But you can store up experience by doing these things:

Vanguard Bounties — certain bounties have 5,000 XP. Obtained and redeemable through the bounty bot at the Tower and Reef.

Public Events — 2,500 XP for the first public event you complete each day with a Gold rating, sent to you via the Postmaster.

Normally, after obtaining these completed items you cash them in immediately. But you don’t have to: you can just leave them with the Postmaster, or completed bounties on your character and redeem them after TTK is released!

What does that mean? Well, if you do a daily Public Event and obtain a package 20 days between now and September 15th, you’ll have stored up 20 packages (the Postmaster’s limit) which adds up to 50,000 XP that you can apply on TTK launch day. And, if you have 10 5,000 XP bounties completed and ready to turn in, that’s another 50,000 XP.

Now, when should you cash in all this XP? As soon as possible? NO. TTK will include a brand new subclass for your character: Hunters have a new Nightstalker subclass. Warlocks have a new Stormcaller subclass. Titans have a new Sunbreaker subclass. There will be a short quest you have to do to unlock each of these. Once you do, many of their skills will be locked, and require XP to open them. Well, if you have that big batch of XP stored away, wait until you have your new character subclass before applying it. I’m not sure how much of it you will complete as a result, but I bet most of the skills will be unlocked as a result.

You may even want to do some parts of the story and obtain some new blue armor and weapons and equip them before using your stored XP. Of course, you can also apply it at your own pace, but keep in mind that “Focused Light” consumable only lasts for 30 minutes after you break that seal.

Note that the Focused Light consumables are gained from the Redbull promotion and increase XP gain by 50%. So that's potentially 150,000 XP on TTK day one.

Edited by Hishoa

No link to the thread?

Also, when did anyone say an update would hit on the 8th and only add bounty slots?

I don't think anyone said that. I'm sure they mean more bounty slots in addition to what the Sept 8th update is.

But where did Bungie say that we'll get more bounty slots with the update?

This might be a stupid question but how many bounties will be actually available at a time? Is that increasing too so we can fill all slots everyday?

I don't know if they've said how many bounties total will be available. There will also be quests to complete in addition to bounties though. If the amount of bounties haven't changed then you can count on the standard vanguard, crucible, Eris, Petra ones. I know they have said that they've added more, as in more variety and new bounties to the rotation. There will also be fireteam bounties like getting 25 assists.

leveling system will change but you can only level to 34 before the 15th.

Bounties auto-abandon on the 15th also.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13453

Incomplete normal bounties will auto abandon. Completed ones in your inventory will remain. Confirmed by Bungie.

Plus exotic bounties will autocomplete. I'm happy because I've had an Invective and a Thorn bounty sitting here and I've been refusing to complete them. So now I'll get free exotic shards. :woop:

Incomplete normal bounties will auto abandon. Completed ones in your inventory will remain. Confirmed by Bungie.

Plus exotic bounties will autocomplete. I'm happy because I've had an Invective and a Thorn bounty sitting here and I've been refusing to complete them. So now I'll get free exotic shards. :woop:

ah ok. We can't level past 34 anywho. I think I'll wait till the 8th and stock up on 2.0 bounties.

Kind of glad we can't level past 34 for some odd reason. I'm taking my time around this expansion.

Also excited about those Exotic bounties auto-completing! I just got my first Elder Cipher last week so that should be a freebie. And the other Elder Cipher weapons will now drop from the PoE chests.

Instead if opening a new thread as everyone should be already aware.

Just saw this on Bungie help page Highlighted

Service Warning We will be pushing a patch live tomorrow (Tuesday). Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.

You talk like there was a lot to rush through.

This.

Don't mean to start out on a sour note, but I'm not sure there's all that much in this expansion either. Before anyone calls me a negative nancy, I am excited to see the new story and try out the new subclasses, and of course new weapons, armor, and RAID! But if you step outside of that excitement for a second and think logically, there's not all that much there:

• story missions -- we'll run through once on each character
  • subclass missions -- we'll run through once
  • Court of Oryx sounds like something I'd try once and then be done (like POE) unless there's something I'm grinding for
  • new crucible modes will be fun for a couple of weeks
  • bounty quests
  • raid (this could be the only meaty thing that keeps us coming back)

Honestly, the only thing that might keep me coming back is the raid (depending on what the drops are), bounty quests, and maybe some crucible from time to time. All the other stuff can be completed in the first week.

This.

Don't mean to start out on a sour note, but I'm not sure there's all that much in this expansion either. Before anyone calls me a negative nancy, I am excited to see the new story and try out the new subclasses, and of course new weapons, armor, and RAID! But if you step outside of that excitement for a second and think logically, there's not all that much there:

• story missions -- we'll run through once on each character
  • subclass missions -- we'll run through once
  • Court of Oryx sounds like something I'd try once and then be done (like POE) unless there's something I'm grinding for
  • new crucible modes will be fun for a couple of weeks
  • bounty quests
  • raid (this could be the only meaty thing that keeps us coming back)

Honestly, the only thing that might keep me coming back is the raid (depending on what the drops are), bounty quests, and maybe some crucible from time to time. All the other stuff can be completed in the first week.

You're forgetting an entirely new patrol mode, advertised as "hard" or not easy. Related to that, an entirely new patrol area, with at least twelve known "areas". Let's not forget that its secrets won't be revealed "in the first week" either, requiring players to be interactive and dedicated in fleshing it out. There's (four?) new strikes, supplemented with new and dynamic boss encounters. Bungie has gone on record and said that there are more pieces of equipment (weapons, armor, etc) shipping with TTK than with vanilla Destiny. There will be exotic questlines, allowing players to actually participate in the lore of exotic weapons. Let's not also dismiss the overhauling of the single player experience as well as the (hopefully) more inspired voice for the guardian ghost. I've personally ran through the story six times myself, and I can see myself doing it several more times in the future, either by myself or power-levelling friends or strangers I come across on LFG sites or Patrol. Considering the 1500+ hours I've already put into Destiny, I'd pay $40 for the dozens of Quality of Life improvements alone.

I think our opinion on the Court of Oryx will differ. I'm definitely looking forward to a truly social activity that involves more than 3 people on a fireteam. Considering the Court will be its own specialized area, it's very possible it'll be continually crowded with people eager to do Public Events together. It reminds me of promotional videos unveiling the Devil Walker event, and dare I say the Loot Cave.

From the way you presented your list, it seems that you're the "one and done" kind of guy. Destiny was in sore need of a CTF gametype (Rift), but you say it'll only be fun for two weeks? I don't know, maybe Destiny isn't for you. It seems like you want Destiny to throw new activities at you every other week because you're only willing to do them once and then become bored with them. Destiny is a social game. I send out invites to LVL <20 guardians and give them a hand. Much like WoW, replaying content wasn't a drawback of MMO's but rather a blessing. I could share what I knew with other players and make friends while doing it.

And then there's even the "Nightfall-tier" PvP missions for each week. I know I'll be doing those every week most likely. I know I'm going to sink more hours into this game with TTK just by what they've announced. Yeah some could think it's light on content, but like Hishoa said it could just be the type of person someone is that dictates that.

For 360:

It is called

Destiny Compatibility Pack 8 (the large 1.58GB file)

Taken king

170 MB Xbox 360 update (this changed the first screen to say Taken King :abut: )

14.46 MB Update (in game)

1.58 GB download from Xbox games store (in game)

2nd part (continues after above completes)

1.98 GB Destiny Compatibility Pack 7

3rd part (continues after above completes)

1.99 GB Destiny Compatibility Pack 6

4th and final one

1.99 Pack 5

Total 7.5 GB

• Unused update compatibly packs will be removed automatically on PS3 and 360 (to save HDD space)

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---09082015/en/News/News?aid=13474

Edited by ecto69