TOO hard?

xymon81

Frustratingly cheap and hard. I've played all Ridge Racers before, some of RR 7, but I was never this frustrated. The enemy AI is so cheap, you'd think they're all against you. Cars will ram/hit you when you're taking a corner with them. If it was another AI car, they will courteously change lines or draft behind the leading car. AI cars keep on using nitro when you get close to them, but they won't use any and won't mind if it's another AI car.

And may I rant? lol. I don't understand why the car designs in the game are so hyped up. You literally get awarded with the same car (same performance, handling and everything), over and over again, only with different color schemes.

And JFC the achievements are terrible and ridiculous. 60 GS "no crash victory" for using ALL cars on ALL courses (which means all combinations). What a colossal waste of time.

I happen to know a friend who loves RR 6, but if it's just me, this game is pure crap. On the other hand, my sincerest salutations to anybody who got as far as, say, 500 GS (50%) on this game. I would never be able to have that much patience. Just my opinion, but if you want a racing game, go for PGR4 or Forza Motorsport 2.

• 2 months later...

Wow. I'm at the complete opposite end of the spectrum then you guys. I love the game and find it to be really easy. The achievements are ridiculous, I'll agree there but I do love the game. I never liked the other RRs 'cept for R4 and R:Racing.

As a friend told me once he saw me playing it's a game you either love or hate.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I find it completely unrealistic and irritating as you HAVE TO WIN EVERY race in order to even move. The standard cars your receive at the start can't do the job to get into any races and with more secret achievements than M:UA I think that the game would never hold up to the original RR on PS1 that I have still in my posession somehow. I also can't stand the racing AI or the anouncer voice. I got to race 13 and only have the 360 achievemnt. Thinking of just lighting the game on fire really.