co-op lag

Yep its terrible and basically unplayable sometimes. The more enemies and explosions the worse it gets. Take the library for example, as soon as the level starts i cant even walk straight even tho the level prior was not great but atleast playable. Very disappointing considering how excited me and my friend have been to beat this coop on every difficutly. So far its been me following and when i do shoot i kill him because i have so little control :(

Oh and how many freakin times do i get respawned facing a wall or the wrong way! Other than that a brilliantly remastered campaign.

Halo games always lag. Any other game I host with my friends is fine but in Halo it takes one person 3 seconds to complete the action they just entered. Reach was the worst and caused many screams at the television.

It does not surprise me that there's still lag. People complained about it in Reach and nothing got fixed. If they actually patch it, I'll ride a bear around the world.

The lag is not that bad. Make sure nobody is on your connection. the game needs to stream 2 different engines at the same time in addition to the fact that it's transmitting an ancient code which was not meant for online. I'm not surprised there is lag, it is to be expected. There is not really a way to fix it.

Yeah this lag is nothing new to co-op and the halo series. As dotCody just mentioned, it has been present since the start of online co-op in halo and it seems to be worst if you play with people outside your region. Any time I try play with an American (I'm from the UK), player 2 gets god awful lag. And I've noticed that halo anniversary has the worst co-op lag yet - it was actually getting progressively worse the longer we played, up to the point where it was completely unplayable. How do these games get through the QA process? Why do other co-op games like Gears get it right? And does the netcode for Halo just suck???? If the lag is related to the game running 2 engines at the same time, who's thick idea was that? Sure it's a neat feature switching back to see how shit it looked before, but it's even more neat if the game just works.

At least their are no drops. And I think we are experiencing framerate drops - not "lag" with H:CEA. The more flood on the screen, the more it dips. That being said, thank GOD it doesn't disconnected two people in co-op.

I still have nightmares of making it to the last few waves of the last round for the "Endure" achievement or to have someone drop. 2+ hours wasted away...

As has already been said, this is the case on all Halo co-op. It's no going to get patched or fixed and is quite honestly unavoidable within the engine. The closer your co-op partner is, the better it will be. So play local, kids.

I've only seen three BAD cases of this - and it lasted about 15 seconds, nothing gamebreaking, at all...

As has already been said, this is the case on all Halo co-op. It's no going to get patched or fixed and is quite honestly unavoidable within the engine. The closer your co-op partner is, the better it will be. So play local, kids.

Or if its unplayable they should remove the word coop from the case! I don't give a shit WHY we get lag/frame rate drop. If they cant make it work then it shouldn't be included in the game. My connection doesnt lag with ANY other game just halo. I have played thru the campaign coop 1.5 times now and have suffered terrible unplayable lag non-stop and have been disconnected numerous times. Extremely disappointing since the coop feature in this game has been what I've been looking forward to most out of any game this year.

Playing solo this game is remastered beautifully though :)