New Character Hakan trailer out....WTF???

Looks like he could be annoying as hell tlo fight against, but lets face it he is gonna fall into the one and done category for most people. Its just a fact most gamers are the type who once they see something awkward and can't find the cheap easy spam method they abandon it. Much like Rufus, he has great potential if you take time to get his timing down and his defensive strategies. Or how many of you ever REALLY played with Sodom in the Alpha Series? OR with Darun Mister or even C.Jack in the EX series? Its makes the character intriuing but I just don't think it is gonna go over well. Lets face it Capcom dropped the ball on Hakan, as hes too much of what we fear and not enough of what we love. I am not clamoring for more cookie-cutter clones, or less originality, I am just saying there are multiple characters from the series (Elena, Darun, Sodom, Solento, Charlie) I would have loved to see return with this fighting engine, and gameplay modes and combos that didn't make it so that this guy could get in. I mean I am trying to be openminded here but I am willing to bet Hakan ends up in the same boat as Q, Twelve, Hugo, Skullomania, Gill/Urien, Garuda, Dan.... unplayed with except by the true hardnosed gamers and dismissed as soon as you lose your first online match with them.....

• 4 weeks later...

Sodom was my favorite character in Alpha 3...I've actually never heard anyone else mention him before. I couldn't even do shoryukens on demand back then, but I liked his appearence and eventually got better with him (and SF in general). Probably my most played character in that game.

I was hoping they would include him in SSF, but most people don't even seem to remember who he is. I'm happy they even bothered to put Guy in at this point.

I hear you though; of SFIV's 25 characters, I only ever see 3-5 of them.

Regarding Hakan: I was looking forward to a middle-eastern fighter, but he's just too silly for me. I understand the importance of the mechanics under the hood, but I'm sick of these joke characters. Rufus is awesome, but he's a walking punchline. I don't just want to win, I want to win with someone I think is cool.

Edited by Gilganomics
Forgot to mention this...

Sodom was my favorite character in Alpha 3...I've actually never heard anyone else mention him before. I couldn't even do shoryukens on demand back then, but I liked his appearence and eventually got better with him (and SF in general). Probably my most played character in that game.

I was hoping they would include him in SSF, but most people don't even seem to remember who he is. I'm happy they even bothered to put Guy in at this point.

Regarding Hakan: I was looking forward to a middle-eastern fighter, but he's just too silly for me. I understand the importance of the mechanics under the hood, but I'm sick of these joke characters. Rufus is awesome, but he's a walking punchline. I don't just want to win, I want to win with someone I think is cool.

Yeah if you can't spam and get the easy win, or lay back throwing a million fireballs until the time limit runs out nobody seems to play with you. I personally have and always will be a big fan of Zangief and use him the most, but REALLY looking forward to using Dudley and Adon as those were my mains in their series (SFIII and Alpha--but would use Sodom regularly in Alpha 1 since there was no Zangief). BUT I still clamour for some EX love. ITs been forever since EX was introduced and still after MANY games I have yet to see any of those guys (I don't count Sakura as she originaled from Rival Schools--and don't get me started on how that game gets no respect). I know I miss em', but like I said Capcom knows that people wouldn't play with too many of em because they weren't wearing Gi's or hurling Haydokens.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed. im tired of everyone using the same shotokan characters. i personally love using zangief and am looking forward to replaying as makoto and dudley. i wish they wouldve thrown dudley into the game in the first place as opposed to balrog. true fighters throw roses not fireballs.

Yep, the whole serious concept of street fighter died with SFIV. It was really good when it was serious in SF3: Third Strike, now it's becoming more and more childish. Hakan just adds to my complaints on the game. Rufus should have never been added, he's just stupid. Period.

Yep, the whole serious concept of street fighter died with SFIV. It was really good when it was serious in SF3: Third Strike, now it's becoming more and more childish. Hakan just adds to my complaints on the game. Rufus should have never been added, he's just stupid. Period.

I will not say Rufus is stupid. His moves and combos are not that bad. And his speed is decent considering his size. I am willing to bet that if he was different looking. slimmer, or crew cut hair.... NOT in a skin tight bodysuit, etc. he would be played with more.

I will not say Rufus is stupid. His moves and combos are not that bad. And his speed is decent considering his size. I am willing to bet that if he was different looking. slimmer, or crew cut hair.... NOT in a skin tight bodysuit, etc. he would be played with more.

And that's exactly my point. I like his moves, but I can't stand looking at him. I don't mind strange, artistic stuff (like guilty gear, blazblue, folks from 3rd strike, you know, weird stuff), but he's such a loser...and so is El Fuerte (americanized latin food moves, really?).

Also, in reference to posts above....

I swear capcom's ashamed of their previous 3-D efforts. They never acknowledge any characters from that era, but include new characters nobody cares about.

Rival Schools did get an achievement named after them in SSF, much respect, but few remember that game.

Yeah if Rufus looked remotely normal, i would probably use him every now and then.. But i cant stand to look or listen to him. And to top it off he has one of the cheapest moves in the game :(

As for Hakan, at least he's abit more likeable than Rufus

And that's exactly my point. I like his moves, but I can't stand looking at him. I don't mind strange, artistic stuff (like guilty gear, blazblue, folks from 3rd strike, you know, weird stuff), but he's such a loser...and so is El Fuerte (americanized latin food moves, really?).

Also, in reference to posts above....

I swear capcom's ashamed of their previous 3-D efforts. They never acknowledge any characters from that era, but include new characters nobody cares about.

Rival Schools did get an achievement named after them in SSF, much respect, but few remember that game.

Thats all I ask, give me some 3-D love. Come on lets make a Rival Schools versus SF EX + Alpha cross over what do you think??