Professor Portal - Explained.

Agent Aero

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

managed to find someone randomly starting co-op games with no high-five achievement, added him as friend then quit to the hub. then started calibration test + finished it = no achievement. did the same thing again someone with no high-five achievement added them before the video had even come on + finished = no achievement again! what am i doing wrong with this lame assed achievement

managed to find someone randomly starting co-op games with no high-five achievement, added him as friend then quit to the hub. then started calibration test + finished it = no achievement. did the same thing again someone with no high-five achievement added them before the video had even come on + finished = no achievement again! what am i doing wrong with this lame assed achievement

guess that means I'm wrong, probably has to start you out in the calibration course, not the HUB, for it to work.

You have to quit out after adding him/her. He/she must be your friend prior to the session starting for the achievement to count.

Could you both complete the co op in split screen, then help each other through the calibration test? Has anyone tried that yet? So that both of you could get the achievement? Or am I just grabbing at straws?

Could you both complete the co op in split screen, then help each other through the calibration test? Has anyone tried that yet? So that both of you could get the achievement? Or am I just grabbing at straws?

No. It can only be done online, and if you do the co-op (online or offline) at all then you can't help someone else get the achievement. Your best bet is to find someone that needs the achievement, help them get it when you start, and then have them open a dummy account later, if they have a code or something. Or just hope someone will help you out later.

So I'm guessing anyone without the High Five achievement can help get the Professor Portal achievement for someone else?

God all I need is a 48 trial you can't buy them anywhere ffs. I would have made a gold account for £1.00 but then they slap on that monthly recurrence shit. Out of 10 of my RL friends I am the only one to buy this game...bloody MK :-P.

Edited by jamie1000013

So I'm guessing anyone without the High Five achievement can help get the Professor Portal achievement for someone else?

God all I need is a 48 trial you can't buy them anywhere ffs. I would have made a gold account for £1.00 but then they slap on that monthly recurrence shit. Out of 10 of my RL friends I am the only one to buy this game...bloody MK :-P.

Hey, I just got the game and I havent played any coop yet, so I would be willing to go ahead and help you out if u can set up a trial account and help me out later? Gamertag is gmurda33 just send me a message on Xbox live

One of the stupidest cheeves ever.

"If you cannot find a friend who has not played before then ask them to create a new account/upgrade their silver account to a gold membership account, then proceed as normal."

What? So for 75gs, someone needs to create a new account, and pay for a month of gold? Stupid.

Aside from being a stupid achievement, it's WAY too much GS. 10-15, but 75? ... stupid.

Just to let this guy know, and if you want to put it in the guide, you don't have to pay for ANY new gold account, as long as you do it on a new e-mail address (one that is not linked to any gold account.) When you create the new gamertag and it asks you if you want to upgrade to gold, just say "upgrade later" or whatever it says and then it will reveal your FREE 1 MONTH TRIAL. I have done this twice already on my only XBOX.

Just to let this guy know, and if you want to put it in the guide, you don't have to pay for ANY new gold account, as long as you do it on a new e-mail address (one that is not linked to any gold account.) When you create the new gamertag and it asks you if you want to upgrade to gold, just say "upgrade later" or whatever it says and then it will reveal your FREE 1 MONTH TRIAL. I have done this twice already on my only XBOX.

Pretty sure there is a limit to how many times you can do that on one console. Otherwise, people would be able to make a new account every time their first month expired.

I understand that this achievement is pretty annoying, but don't you guys have at least one friend in real life that has portal 2? If so, have that friend lend it to another friend with a Gold account and there you go.

I feel like this would solve at LEAST 50% of the people who are struggling to get this achievement.

When you create a new Xbox Live account...the first month of Gold is free, so basically you could just have a friend create a new account with a random e-mail address, and they get a month free of XBL, not really much of a hassle.

I tried this but it gave me a silver account both times i tried making a new account it would not give me the free month

How to explain it one way?

Ok i complete the coop campaign, i got a friend who has never played coop in my friendlist.

Now what?

I start coop over the main menue, invite my friend and then? Start a new game or start the beginning or what? Nobody say anything about it.

I don´t want to waste my buddy and don´t get the achivement.

How to explain it one way?

Ok i complete the coop campaign, i got a friend who has never played coop in my friendlist.

Now what?

I start coop over the main menue, invite my friend and then? Start a new game or start the beginning or what? Nobody say anything about it.

I don´t want to waste my buddy and don´t get the achivement.

From the main menu choose multiplayer, then XBL/Online multiplayer, then you can press a button(:xbut: i think) to bring up a list of your friends who are playing Portal 2. Press :abut: to invite them and when they join you will be thrown into a cutscene and then forced into the calibration.