Least Favorite Multiplayer Map?

TheBDanAbstract

What is your least favorite map to play in multiplayer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite map to play in multiplayer?

• Abandon
    • Adrift
    • Complex
    • Exile
    • Haven
    • Longbow
    • Meltdown
    • Ragnarok
    • Solace
    • Vortex

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's Unanimously agreed that Complex sucks and not only should be removed from the Roster, but somehow be removed from the entire game. Make that fucker completely invisible on the Custom Games map list or make it so attempting to load that map corrupts your Service Record and forces your rank and customization pieces to reset at SR-0. The only people that want to play that map are cheaters that use wall glitches, so their ranks aren't legit anyway.

While I agree with the near unanimous hate of Complex, I looked at the poll as most hated functional, non broken, non cheater friendly map. And thus I voted for Ragnarok. Couldn't stand it as Valhalla (or Blood Gulch or Coagulation which it was based on), sick to death of it now. No more box canyons with 2 pointless bases in them!

I'm more a BTB guy, so didn't follow the populist vote and go for complex. I've warmed to most the big maps now but I hate Vortex, its such a bland looking map with such a lack of team play due to spawning practically anyplace. Its got really poor vantage points with that butt ugly central gravity lift tower bang in the middle.

Glad to see the mighty Exile with 0 votes, I'm loving that map. Other than the Valhalla redo, it looked the most promising to me before playing.

Be interesting to see what we will get with the 9 dlc ones, and how they'll incorporate those into different playlists.

Complex

I've been mostly playing Flood and not a game goes by that somebody isn't jumping into that one spot to hide in the walls. I mean, I can get in there too and kill them. Sometimes they get up higher in the wall and can easily kill a player when they jump into that area, which can be annoying.

I kinda like Complex. Haven't experienced the wall glitching or anything like that, so I can't comment on it. I just like the design of it, not necessarily the mechanics. Spawns aren't Certain Affinity's fault, it's 343's. CA just designed the map. Also Adrift and Haven are good, too.

I like Ragnarok the least. Solace and Abandon are meh, but I like them better than Ragnarok.

I haven't played on Meltdown, Vortex, Longbow or Exile yet.

Why aren't the Forge maps (Ravine, Erosion and Impact) in the rotation? They were in Halo: Reach. That would give more variety in the playlists and alleviate having to play the same map four times in a row.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Making the middle structure a perfect elevation to avoid gunfire and spawn kill is therefore Certain Affinity's fault, like I said.

And I'm sure that you can say that about any multiplayer map in any game in existence. There are always points on a map that people take advantage of. Always.

Battle Creek comes to mind, but it was easier to get on the roof of the base than it is in this map. Valhalla has that nook near the base not on the water side that people can camp and hardly ever get killed. It's even in Ragnarok. Blood Gulch has a couple of areas like that as well. Hang em High, Ascension and probably four or five other Halo maps that people can take advantage of camping. And that's what it is, camping. Alter your strategy. Always works for me.

And as far as spawn killing, spawns are indeed 343's fault. No spawn point should be in view of an enemy, ever. But, this happens in every multiplayer game, not just Halo.

Cannot stand vortex, 8v8 fight for the little box in the middle... no thanks.

Thats about all you can do on the map (well that and the struggle for the wraith in btb). Before Halo 4's launch they released videos by the company in-charge of play testing the maps. They included heat guides to busy areas over the maps, most 4's maps are cool and have areas over the map for confrontations, but Vortext would be a red dot in the middle.

I played team snipers on it earlier and it proved my point about vantage points, for such a big map its got next to none. Team snipers really needs another timberland or hemorrhage.

TBH I think Vortex would get more votes here, but its so bland and so rarely rolled that people have probably forgot about it.