07 - Scarab (Garrison Trick Still Works)

S2005

So, I read the guides on here, and got gold, par, and legendary on every level except 07 - Scarab! The trick wasn't working, and I thought it could be because of the update. I refuse to clear my cache so I just kept trying other methods.

I then remembered reading something about New Blood, so I built a Barracks, learned New Blood and garrisoned some ODST/Marines in that tower just above the walls near your base. I sent a Scorpion with them to protect the marines from the garrisoned covie's already there, and the Locust across from it.

Then most guides say to go down the Nodes, but if you want the 5G then just be smart and be careful about skipping them as the Scarab will move really fast. If you do down them, I used a group of 6-8 Scorpions to move around and down the nodes.

Worked like a charm, the Scarab attacked the tower for a long time, until a preset time it goes after your walls, so keep a warthog near by so you can get the Scarab to re-target the tower when its down pounding on your walls.

Just thought i'd post this to help any other n00bs out there that made such a simple mistake! This makes 07 - Scarab CAKE even on Legendary.

You should get Par, Legendary, and Gold

• 1 month later...