Favorite Scene? (Spoilers Alert)

Cataclysm49

There are many, e.g.:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa-LwdQCrqE]YouTube - Dead Space 2 - Chapter 5 - Meeting Daina Part 1[/ame]

Especially. "You people are unbelievable. Just give me the fucking cure and let me go." (YEAH!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONUOOcYbQA0]YouTube - Dead Space 2: Ellies Eye Cutscene[/ame]

I like most of the cutscenes in this game. Especially with ELLIE. ;)

I loved the very last scene.

(Obviously spoilers here...)He turns expecting Ellie to be a necromorph just like the last scene of Dead Space 1 but everything is fine. I thought it was a clever scene when I realized what they were doing.

Absolutely I just finished and was expecting him to have a vision of Nicole like no 1 or see Ellie mangled to his right.lol but it was very well done I have to say

- I literally pulled a sicki today after 6 straight days of working and decided to blitz it for a whole day and i cant get over how amazing that ride was -

Some of my favourite parts were the zero G areas where your fucking whizzing along dodging shit - but i loved the train sequence where you end up hanging up side down that was a cool thing to do. -There's so much more to talk about - but to be honest I am sick of looking at a screen for today lol - :)

• 2 weeks later...

There were loads and to be honest my favourite part of Dead Space 2 isn't so much any one scene but so many different ways you can kill necromorphs and the fact that each weapon really does feel unique and not just a new skin. My favourite story part is at the start of 11 when you see Stross take the screwdriver to Ellie's eye and then a little later when Stross confronts you with the screwdriver with Ellie's eyeball attached. The betrayal in chapter 5 was also memorable.

The last part of the game when the station is starting to blow up and issac just sits down. I was like now way serious!! :eek:

This part was awesome. I had the exact same reaction.

I also loved the scene from when Issac meets Dana to when he's floating in space trying to escape the tripod. The sound design was absolutely perfect in that scene. From when he fly's into space and all the sounds are drowned out but you hear his body bang against the ship, to when the music kicks in just at the right moment. its one of my favourite scenes in a videogame ever.

I think the openign cutscene of the game was the best one, where they actually show the process of a human being infected and turning into a necromorph. The graphics there are impressive!

You know what that is pretty awesome dude! I got to admit the black guy was one unlucky bastard, then again I thought it was all a stereotype thing with the black guy always dying in the horror genre

I wouldn't say I liked a scene as much as I enjoyed how well the scripted events were molded into the actual gameplay. You go from fighting for your life with necros to being thrown through all kinds of scenarios that blend perfect with the gameplay. For whomever said they liked how the sounds were when he was banging around the ship, theres no sound waves in space so there wouldn't be any noise but I agree it is a great scene. This ranks along my other favorite game battlefield and I love both because of the great sound, makes all the difference.

My favorite scene would be when you watch the one guy slit his throat in front of you in chapter one or when you kill stross. For both of those it made it even better you could stomp their asses to pieces after the scene was over. For any of you that enjoy the scenes...you should run through the whole game and purposely fail all the sequences you can because alot of them are awesome and shouldn't be missed. :eek:

For whomever said they liked how the sounds were when he was banging around the ship, theres no sound waves in space so there wouldn't be any noise but I agree it is a great scene. This ranks along my other favorite game battlefield and I love both because of the great sound, makes all the difference.

I know there is no sound in space but you still hear sounds when he bangs against the ship or when he shoots his gun. the sound is drowned out but you still hear it and its awesome.

I know there is no sound in space but you still hear sounds when he bangs against the ship or when he shoots his gun. the sound is drowned out but you still hear it and its awesome.

Yea I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, lol. It works well, it wouldn't work if all you heard was his breathing, need some sounds, maybe his head hitting his visor.

I loved the very last scene.

(Obviously spoilers here...)

He turns expecting Ellie to be a necromorph just like the last scene of Dead Space 1 but everything is fine.

I thought it was a clever scene when I realized what they were doing.

It took me a moment to figure out what was going on in this scene, but when I did, I loved it!

*spoilers*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ipvOxb0VQ]YouTube - dead space 2 Nicole saying truth HD[/ame]

"why cant you let go"

"because you where my everything...and if i let you go, I'd have nothing left."

come on. that was so..idk it was very emotional. even in a action horror game. just those words..makes you feel really bad for mister clarke..i was all tensed up and then he says those words to her i was like "awwww" :/

The giant tripod thing you fight in space is called the Tormentor, but when youre fighting him in space and on the last part where you have to shoot the propane tanks, if you die then he tears you apart and your hand floats off through space just like the Dead Space 1 box art :) I died on accident and when I saw the hand I went from mad to glad haha.