Is this basically just assault heroes?

GDMFS0AB

Compare to other twin-stick shooters I have played before, this one is different. Not the greatest game I have ever played, but still fun and decent in my add. IMO, it's a lot better than Aqua and Assault Heroes (unless there is another title).

Aqua, possibly. Assaut Heroes are you serious? That game was frikin awesome (both 1 and 2). I'm not saying this game isn't good but Assault Heroes is much better.

• 1 month later...

Assault Heroes was good for its time. I enjoyed playing it online co-op with a friend back in day when not that many games had online co-op.

I never bothered getting Assault Heroes 2 but the friend I played the first one with told me it wasn't that great.

This same friend I got online with Gatling Gears playing Co-op with the Trial & he says he likes it better than Assault Heroes.

I made purchase for 800MSP & i'm glad I did. It's very enjoyable. I just don't understand why there isn't many forums for this game yet, not even a guide.

I think it's on par with assault heroes, if you take into account that assault heroes came out a couple of years ago...assault heroes 2 isn't as good as the first IMO, mainly because it's really just more of the same as the first, and also because it isn't graphically much of a step up...it has a bit more polish, sure, but it's not enough to set it above aqua or Gatling Gears. I picked up Aqua as a dotw and really enjoy it, haven't finished it quite yet. I refused to pay 1200 for Gatling, but bought it right away for 800.

It's a great twin stick shooter, as was assault heroes when it came out...I still love the original geometry wars I bought the day I got my 360, I still load that up and play for an hour or two every few weeks. :)

Was just talking with my buddy the other day saying how Gatlung Gears is much better than Assault Heroes. I would have to say it's the visuals and upgraded feel of your mech late in the game. Also the story is just as lite as it should be in Gatling Gears. Where as with assault heroes it's just save the world... From what I can remember. My opinion: Gatling gears>Assault heroes... Aqua is a good game, but not as good as the other two.

I haven't played Aqua but I have finished the first Assault Heroes. I did enjoy that game but Gatling Gears is in my opinion more polished and more fun. I really like the upgrading system and the different skins. Also to me at least this game feels more modern.

Assault Heroes 1 is still a fun game but Gatling Gears is better (in my opinion anyway). That aside I really would have liked even more upgrades and maybe more things to find in the different stages. :)