Tricks and Glitchs (may contain spoilers)

toooitwo

Glitching for the purpose of fun is alright, for a quick achievements No no. Why wouldn't anyone in their right mind just take their time with this game? It's very fun and it's long. Just do multiple run-throughs to get the karma achievements and enjoy the damn game.

[Rant] Please read the name of the forum your posting on, then proceed to stfu. These forums are designed for to attainment of achievements, not whiny comments about how a person should be playing the game. I for one enjoy knocking out dumb ass achievements so that I can "enjoy the game" without the hassle of multiple tedious playthroughs just to get that remaining 25+GS. So unless you want to pay us for our copies, don't tell us how to enjoy our games. [/Rant]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Rant] Please read the name of the forum your posting on, then proceed to stfu. These forums are designed for to attainment of achievements, not whiny comments about how a person should be playing the game. I for one enjoy knocking out dumb ass achievements so that I can "enjoy the game" without the hassle of multiple tedious playthroughs just to get that remaining 25+GS. So unless you want to pay us for our copies, don't tell us how to enjoy our games. [/Rant]

Well said. This truely is note the site for the purists.

AMEN brother!!!!

Also, for those who may want to spend a little extra time to get a speech bonus so you can take advantage of this ..."Temporary Advantage" (glitch is such a harsh word lol)....Southeast of megaton is a town called Grayditch I think...something with the term Gray in it...I was doing the survival quest for Moira from Megaton and while I was going to the Alaska Liberation Memorial I stumbled upon this kid who told me his town/family got attacked by these giant fire ants. In the interest of wanting to get the experience for leveling up I followed that quest. Anyhow to make a long story short...when you get into the metro station...if you are persistant in your exploring and explore EVERYTHING you'll stumble upon a holorecording from a guy name Gladys who hints at a key in a fire hose locker which unlocks a safe with a special something in it. That something is a set of pajamas named "night something" that increases your speech by 10. If there anyone wants more detail I can give it providing its in my memory lol....my problem is I get overwhelmed with all the things to do and they start to run together lol. Anyhow good luck.

Edited by Tieg
spelling

Kill the guy in Red's office, then kill the guard at the front of big town. Wait three days and go back and talk to pappy. (Neutral) For evil I killed the guy in red's office then went inside megaton and after the sheriff comes up to you kill him and enough people that run at you to turn evil. Fast travel back to big town and talk to pappy. (evil)

Assuming you can wait with the back button like Oblivion, this is what im talking about. Thanks to 'Jk Status'.

AMEN brother!!!!

Also, for those who may want to spend a little extra time to get a speech bonus so you can take advantage of this ..."Temporary Advantage" (glitch is such a harsh word lol)....Southeast of megaton is a town called Grayditch I think...something with the term Gray in it...I was doing the survival quest for Moira from Megaton and while I was going to the Alaska Liberation Memorial I stumbled upon this kid who told me his town/family got attacked by these giant fire ants. In the interest of wanting to get the experience for leveling up I followed that quest. Anyhow to make a long story short...when you get into the metro station...if you are persistant in your exploring and explore EVERYTHING you'll stumble upon a holorecording from a guy name Gladys who hints at a key in a fire hose locker which unlocks a safe with a special something in it. That something is a set of pajamas named "night something" that increases your speech by 10. If there anyone wants more detail I can give it providing its in my memory lol....my problem is I get overwhelmed with all the things to do and they start to run together lol. Anyhow good luck.

Naughty Nightwear, my chick is wearing it lol

Say something along the lines of "I'm single, have u got a boyfriend?". And she will end the conversation and "did you come with bittercup?" should appear for pappy. I'm on my iPhone so I can't say exactly

I have tried all possibilities with this, having dialogue that has anything to do with "I'm single, do you have a boyfriend" never appears. She ALWAYS says she has to go, so I don't know where you guys go this info from.

How about posting the correct dialogue sequence to get it to work?

You can use it for any item you can turn in. Ofc alien blaster or the ammo would be the best I think.

But he is also carrying a laser rifle - 5 stimpacks. So you don't neccerily need to go find the alien blaster.

The alien ammo is the best because you get alot of stim packs and its the easiest to steal.

Any quick ways to change ones karma without gaining too much EXP?

The best way I've discovered to go from good to south is to enter the store in Megaton (if you havent blown it up) and access the terminal on the desk. Then back out and access it again. Rinse and repeat, you'll get negative karma every time you do it, moves pretty fast.

Well, killing people is obviously the easiest way to go evil.

My problem is that i've been stuck at NEUTRAL the whole game. Any fast ways to go UP in karma?

Here

I cant go back to when I first talked to bittercup without spending another hour in the game. Always say positive things. I did notice that there wasnt alot of choice if you wanted to say something nice to her without calling her a freak or a wierdo, so pick the one that sounds the kindest. I cant say anything more other than to go positive.

The best way I've discovered to go from good to south is to enter the store in Megaton (if you havent blown it up) and access the terminal on the desk. Then back out and access it again. Rinse and repeat, you'll get negative karma every time you do it, moves pretty fast.

Can you do this without getting caught?

Also, to make you level up faster - whenever you do level up, choose the "swift learner" perk. This will add a extra point of EXP every time you speak to Pappy. This will make the process a lot faster. Yes, you do miss out on other perks, but you can level those up with the 20 points you get for every level up. Just a thought (sorry if someone else mentioned this already - I did not read all the replies)

You can gain infinite XP if your speech skill is high enough (with 30 you'll be ok)..

Go to Big Town (north of Vault 101). Speak with a girl named Bittercup: she should tell you about her dating exploits. After speaking with her, go into the house marked "Common House" and speak to a man, Pappy. There should be a speech skill dialogue option that says "You came here with Bittercup, right?" You will get XP every time you click it. Continue to do this and you can rack up XP in mere seconds. Bethesda has not yet patched this glitch so....RUN!!!

:woop:

AWESOME THANKS!

easy way to get silver toungued devil achivement ;)

I can tell you're not a fan of the franchise or you wouldn't spout this nonsense. Anyone who's ever played 1 and/or 2 will definitely not rush this game. Part of the immersive role playing experience is to play different characters. For example, right now I am playing my favorite cultural stereotype: an asian guy with glasses who has high intelligence and is good with computers. Next playthrough I look forward to being a very charismatic black guy who is good at hitting and chatting up the ladies. Lastly, I will enjoy playing an Eastern European guy who is into drugs and crime. That's easily 3 enjoyable playthroughs but I can understand if some of you are rushed for GoW2, F3 is likely my only purchase for months to come.

Moreover, [rant on] the game is so big that you're likely to miss out on some parts on your first playthrough. Why people buy/rent games just for pointless achievements is beyond me. I know very well the title of this site but that doesn't mean a guy can't be moderate about it.

I can tell you're not a fan of the franchise or you wouldn't spout this nonsense. Anyone who's ever played 1 and/or 2 will definitely not rush this game. Part of the immersive role playing experience is to play different characters. For example, right now I am playing my favorite cultural stereotype: an asian guy with glasses who has high intelligence and is good with computers. Next playthrough I look forward to being a very charismatic black guy who is good at hitting and chatting up the ladies. Lastly, I will enjoy playing an Eastern European guy who is into drugs and crime. That's easily 3 enjoyable playthroughs but I can understand if some of you are rushed for GoW2, F3 is likely my only purchase for months to come.

Moreover, [rant on] the game is so big that you're likely to miss out on some parts on your first playthrough. Why people buy/rent games just for pointless achievements is beyond me. I know very well the title of this site but that doesn't mean a guy can't be moderate about it.

Everyone plays the game there own way. You like to take your time and Tastey Cake has his way. I beleive in taking my time just as you but if I can find a loop hole like this I create another saved game and glitch the crap out of it just to get the achiements out of the way. I am glad that you are a big fan of this game but I am also a big fan of RPG and we both have different styles. The first time I will blow thru it just so I can get a handle on the game then the second time thru might take me months playing it in my free time but finding everything.

So saying "I can tell you're not a fan of the franchise or you wouldn't spout this nonsense" should not come out of anybodys mouth. I have my way and the other 18 million xbox owners have there way. I am not trying to Knock you in any way so please do not take it that way.

And back to the original thread subject, Thank you for pointing this out, I will be doing this tommorow just to get it out of the way.

Hmmm....I went to Big Town to try this out and when I got there, there was a bunch of super mutants. I took them all out, but now all of the people are gone. I left via fast travel and have come back several times, but no one's there anymore. Anyone know why this could be?