Easier "I Promise To Kill You Last"

ThePatAttack

The achievement guide does an ok jump describing "I Promise To Kill You Last" where you kill Dalton in under 40 seconds, but my friend and I found a better and much easier way to gain this achievement.

The first player must have the M134 and stinger.

The second player must have the PKM and sniper rifle.

In the beginning where Dalton is on the top balcony, player two unloads with the PKM while player one shoots stingers. This takes about 5-6 seconds.

When Dalton is now down on the ground, player one with the M134 charges Dalton through the middle and rips into him while the other player shoots with the sniper rifle. This also only took several seconds. We got it on our first try with plenty of time to spare. So anyone having any trouble with this achievement, give this a shot. I guarantee it will work.

Edited by ThePatAttack

Me and my friend used this method, and it works. First part seems to take two rockets (home on), second part, the guy with M134 should run THROUGH the middle area. My sniper friend always seemed to take off all but a little bit of health before reloading while Dalton hid so I got there on time to finish him off fast.

• 2 weeks later...
I did it by myself... I just used the SVD Dragunov... I sniped him in the head like 3 or 4 times... and then he went down to my level and I moved to the right side of the building and I sniped him twice in the head... and I got it done in 37 sec.... then "BLINK" :lockedACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:locked

By the way I did this on recruit

Stupid question about this achievement. Are u to kill dolton in 40sec after the cut scene were salem pushes rios out of the way of being shiped or when u get to the top of the 3rd lvl were the checkpoint is in front of the stairs?

Stupid question about this achievement. Are u to kill dolton in 40sec after the cut scene were salem pushes rios out of the way of being shiped or when u get to the top of the 3rd lvl were the checkpoint is in front of the stairs?

Uh, i think you might be thinking of the wrong level. This is one of the expansion levels, not the level where you have to kill Smiley (Clyde) [Chapter 6]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We did it this way on Recruit.

Player one PKM and Stinger

Player two PKM and Sniper

part one. Use PKM and Stinger on Dalton whilst still up on balcony. Try and be as accurate as possible as you need to get him to drop down asap hopefully within about 10 seconds. If it is taking too long just restart checkpoint.

Once down and after the cut scene, the player with the sniper rifle must try and get 2 or 3 headshots off before he moves. We were lucky and this worked.

It is however a totally frustrating achievement and I've tried with many people to no avail so you have my sympathies if you are still struggling.

The achievement will pop as soon as you kill him within the time limit. There is no need to wait for one of the characters top pick up Dalton's body.

• 1 month later...