Plasmids/Tonics: Locations, Discussion and Help Thread

DaKing240

Okay, I read one of the older posts in this thread, which was made in 2007. The member said if you buy a health or eve upgrade from GG, you won't have enough ADAM to get all the tonics needed for the 53 collection.

The thing is I'm at Fort Frolic and I've been saving all the Little Sisters, so that I can get all the achievements in one playthrough. I've saved 11 out of the 21 Little Sisters. However, at the first GG, I bought both a health and eve upgrade.

I only need to buy 5 more tonic slots to max out all my tracks, which would cost about 400 ADAM.

I need to buy these ones:-

Extra Nutrition 1

Extra Nutrition 2 - Can this be found without having to kill Cohen as well ?

Hacking Expert 2

Speedy Hacker 2

Human Inferno 1

Human Inferno 2

Wrench Lurker 2

I think I'll have enough ADAM to get all the achievements in one playthrough but I'm a bit concerned after reading that post. Hopefully, the reason is simply because its just out-dated.;)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good guide. not perfect, but did the trick

also, for anyone wondering: yes, the DLC tonics count towards this achivement and make it way easier to get.

You can buy all slots and health upgrades you will still have enough adam late in the game to buy all the tonics

Also, key word here is TONICS. The tonics are character buffs. The things that let you shoot lightning and fire and shit; those are Plasmids. Don't get the two cornfused! Some people in this thread seem to have trouble telling the two apart.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saved all the little sisters, but i spent most of the adam on plasmids so i need 7 tonics that i know can get at gatherer gardens, but i only have 60 adam, so i was wondering if i could still get the achievement in my current playthrough. If so, does anyone know of a list of the tonics that can be invented and if there are any requirements to unlock the tonics.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, can you take a look at that

In order to get the achievement you *should* save all Little Sisters, which after picking up every gift ADAM from Tanenbaum gives you total 3080.

Now, you get most of the Tonics by finding or researching them, the only ones you *have* to buy are:

Armored Shell - 20 Adam

EVE Link - 20 Adam

Extra Nutrition - 20 Adam

Human Inferno - 20 Adam

Hacking Expert 2 - 50 Adam

Wrench Lurker 2 - 50 Adam

Speedy Hacker 2 - 50 Adam

Human Inferno 2 - 50 Adam

For the total of = 280 Adam

So in order to get the achievement you only need that amount of Adam to spend on Tonics, which gives you 2800 to spend on whatever you like? And that's minimum, because from what I read here, dlc Tonics count towards 53 total, and they cost only 1 Adam. So this way you could harvest all of the Little Sisters for 3360 Adam, replace 3 Tonics they gift you with dlc Tonics, and buy those spare two Tonics instead of 2 more1 expensive, which gives you

3360 - 5 - 180 = 3175 Adam to spend

So... anyway, there's no reason to worry how you spend your Adam if you'll keep in mind to leave spare 185-280 Adam for those Tonics.

Or am I missing something?

I didn't count Plasmids, because they do not count (in contrary to what some of the people here think).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...